Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

1200 miles of towing
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Well, if its any comfort I rarely beat 24.5 in my day to day use.

Post #822753rd Sep 2006 1:24 pm
MX

United Kingdom 

nice to see that I am not alone with the amazing towing performance.

just covered 1700 miles down to Black Forest and back seeing 20MPG overall at a leisurely 65 mph. I really cannot believe how good this car performs with my Bailey Pageant Vendee behind it - even when you do encoounter the "idiot french truck drivers" (incidentally - why do they insist on driving in two lanes whenever they see an damn caravan!)

I cant believe the difference between my old Disco2 and this machine. Simply the best car I have ever owned.
 D3 05 SE (old one)

RRS 08 SE (new one)

formerly mxgeldar7 

Post #823593rd Sep 2006 10:35 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Barn1e
D3 Decade 

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3
In response to Cyclic question:

The kayaks were on the standard LR cross bars fitted to the factory built rails. The bikes go on the MAxxRax carrier attached to an off set plate on the Disco tow bar variable height plate. I have the fixed tow bar - did not like the idea of the weight of 4 bikes "clamped" to the side of a removable swan kneck removable tow bar. MaxxRax supply an extension post that rasies the bikes above the Jockey Wheel. All works very well. I must take a photo owhen I have the full load - people coming the other way seem to move over!
 2005, TDV6 S, Auto, 190k miles, owned from new, V8 Brake Upgrade, Nancom Evo, RLD protector, BAS EGR blanking & Remap, separate ATF cooler, changing all the fluids ahead of time.  
Post #823934th Sep 2006 7:40 am
Albourneboy

United Kingdom 

First day back at work today ( Big Cry ) after almost 3 weeks in the Vendee. 1000 miles of towing our 6 berth Crusader Superstorm (1900 Kg fully laden) and the Disco never missed a beat. Fuel consumption whilst towing was between 19 and 21 mpg. Set the cruise control at 60 and just sat back and relaxed.

Drove another 1000 miles without the caravan on the back over a variety of French roads and fuel consumption averaged out at 28mpg - not bad at all. Filled up once at La Rochelle then cruised up the motorway at 70mph to La Roche-Sur-Yon and saw 33 mpg (wish it did that all the time!)

What a fantastic car the Disco is Thumbs Up
 Now an ex-D3 owner after 7 happy years. Miss the car but not the big bills Smile

Post #824024th Sep 2006 8:20 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >