Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > My Discovery 3

My 2004 Tonga Green D3
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 27 of 32 <123 ... 262728 ... 303132>
disco-nut

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Due to a medical issue, where I am now supposed to be doing nothing but rest for 2 weeks (not happening!), I have made the sensible decision to leave my friend to it on his own with my Discovery to get the Diff done, this enabled me the time to do the easier task of repairing my Astra so I have that back on the road for now.

My car kindly notified my phone the moment he started work on it, so I know it is now at least stripped down Whistle Laughing

Post #231906817th Dec 2022 12:54 am
disco-nut

I have broken my ribs and a few other injuries while this has been away, so I have not been able to get to it before Christmas day. I am hoping to get it back on Tuesday or Wednesday as I really need to use it to assist with the move. Otherwise I will have to use my Freelander which I don't really think is a great idea.

I am getting excited now though knowing that I am one step closer to getting this back on the road.

Post #232008126th Dec 2022 12:11 am
Moo
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Your life is certainly not dull! Laughing

Hope you recover quickly and get to enjoy your D3. Thumbs Up
 New Defender L663 110 SE (known as Noddy!)

Sold Volvo XC90 R-Design (known as Basil)

Sold - D4 HSE (Known as Gerty)

No longer the Old Buses original owner Sad
231,000 miles and counting
05 S manual owned from March 2005
D4 Face lifted
Still original injectors and turbo
V8 Front brakes
BAS Remap, Allisport Intercooler and deCat
EGRs blanked
T-Max split charge
Hanibal Expeedition rack
Prospeed ladder
Duratrac tyres
IID BT
BAS FBH control 

Post #232008726th Dec 2022 1:19 am
disco-nut

Very Happy Almost had to pinch myself, D3 now fixed , MOT’d and home Very Happy

But thanks to a complication with my disabled tax, I have to wait for paperwork to come before I can tax it and use it.

So driving my trusty Astra at the moment

Click image to enlarge

Drives really well now

Post #232061430th Dec 2022 9:17 pm
gstuart

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

disco-nut wrote:
I have broken my ribs and a few other injuries while this has been away, so I have not been able to get to it before Christmas day. I am hoping to get it back on Tuesday or Wednesday as I really need to use it to assist with the move. Otherwise I will have to use my Freelander which I don't really think is a great idea.

I am getting excited now though knowing that I am one step closer to getting this back on the road.

Hi mate

So sorry to hear about ur ribs my friend , have heard there extremely painful and very difficult in trying to get comfortable, hope ur resting and being spoilt by ur beloved

Awesome news with the disco , plus fingers crossed ur favourite neighbour is leaving u in peace Whistle

May I wish both u and ur husband a very happy and prosperous 2023 Bow down

Post #232063431st Dec 2022 12:17 am
disco-nut

Thanks gstuart, you too. Yes the ribs are living hell, but the pain meds I am on although don’t actually get rid of the pain, just make you not care that you are in pain Rolling with laughter

As for my neighbour, it is the 1st time in 6 months since we dare park a car on the street, my partners Mini! As that is the first car that needs to leave and 3.30am. So will find out in the next 2 weeks if my lovely neighbour decides to start again. However, if she does, I won’t be holding back this time!

I would have left an extra car at my yard, but in the processes of moving out of it, so don’t want to add more to my to do list.

Although would be more helpful if someone bought this Fake Range Rover (RRS) that is currently hogging part of my driveway. Don’t know why I bought it, definitely don’t like it 😂

I am off to catch some ZZZzzz’s so I am in top form to boss people around tomorrow 😂

Post #232064231st Dec 2022 1:15 am
gstuart

Got all my fingers crossed u will indeed be left in peace from ur neighbours , good to hear youve got some form of meds to try and alleviate the pain

What RRS have u got mate as didn’t see any piccies plse , did u get a petrol of diesel , must confess with the expansion of the ULEZ ill be more than likely change mine to a petrol disco / if not will then either be a RRS or FFRR , one with a Jag V8 , 4.4 or 5.0

Have a good nights rest my friend and as each day passes ur ribs get better

Stay safe and well and chat soon Thumbs Up

Post #232064431st Dec 2022 2:14 am
disco-nut

This is my Sport, it’s not ULEZ as it is the 2.7 TDV6, but you can actually make your D3 and the RRS ULEZ compliant by having a DPF or something similar added to the exhaust system.

The Sport I have is very very fast, it has been remapped, egr deleted etc…. But it just isn’t a bit of me, I offered it to my partner, who said it was too big and stuck with the Mini Cooper as he said he could just borrow one of my big cars if he needed to use something bigger.

But personal taste, I even prefer my manual Freelander 2 to the Sport.

Post #232064631st Dec 2022 6:15 am
Hardware

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

Hmmm ... not sure you're correct about ULEZ. There's another thread where someone says the vehicle will only ever be recognised as whatever it was type-approved as.

Dean
====================================

2011 D4 XS - OBD port protection, RLD spare wheel protector, All LED interiors lights, Timed Climate enabled, iiD tool paired.
2011 D4 Landmark - Stolen from same dealer before I paid for it
2011 D4 GS - Stolen whilst at dealer Sad ... All LED interiors lights, DRLs, Spare Wheel protector.
1996 300Tdi - Eaten by tin worms 

Post #232064731st Dec 2022 6:39 am
gstuart

disco-nut wrote:
This is my Sport, it’s not ULEZ as it is the 2.7 TDV6, but you can actually make your D3 and the RRS ULEZ compliant by having a DPF or something similar added to the exhaust system.

The Sport I have is very very fast, it has been remapped, egr deleted etc…. But it just isn’t a bit of me, I offered it to my partner, who said it was too big and stuck with the Mini Cooper as he said he could just borrow one of my big cars if he needed to use something bigger.

But personal taste, I even prefer my manual Freelander 2 to the Sport.

Many thks for the pics

Alas also heard that to be ULEZ compliant for diesels they have to be euro 6 , if the vehicle is registered as disabled on the v5 ur exempt until oct 2027 , so just before that date I’ll see if I can afford to go over to a petrol V8 , my dream motor would be a V8 D4 , alas a FFRR is extremely high on the insurance , however I’ve always dreamed of owning a FFRR but realistically think there be out my price range

Currently the RHD jap imported V8 D4’s are in the 30k range , which indeed is well out my budget , have seen FFRR 2010 for around 10k , maybe nearer the time I might be able to pick a D4 V8 that needs some work etc as it wouldn’t matter if it took 6+ months to fix it, of course depending what was wrong m gearbox or engine repair would be out the question as that’s passing my skil set so to speak

Suspension , wishbones, brakes I feel I could deal with that , plus as where very local to one another never know at the time u might be selling one that could be ideal for me , sorry mate I’m waffling again, lol

Here’s the link where we’ve all been chatting about it

Ref the RRS admittedly I prefer the later ones which I think came in around 2010 ,

Hope it’s useful mate

https://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/ulez-extent...02753.html

Plus I received a letter from TFL

Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ) - Enquiry

Thank you for your recent correspondence received 30 November 2022, about the Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ).

Unfortunately, there are no discounts or exemptions for the ULEZ for Blue Badge Holders. If your vehicle does not meet the ULEZ emission standards you will need to pay the charge. However, if your vehicle is registered with the DVLA under tax class 'disabled' or 'historic' you will not have to pay the charge until 24 October 2027.

If your vehicles does not meet the required emissions standards, you will be subject to the daily £12.50 charge.

The Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ) applies to diesel and petrol vehicles that do not meet:

• Euro 4 for petrol cars, vans, and minibuses (or Nitrogen Oxides (NOx) less than 0.08g/km)
• Euro 6 for diesel cars, vans, and minibuses (or Nitrogen Oxides (NOx) less than 0.08g/km and Particulate Matter
(PM) less than 0.005g/km)

Generally the date of 'first registration' can be used to determine the Euro standard;

• Euro 4 became mandatory for all new cars and light vans in 2006
• Euro 6 became mandatory for all new heavy duty engines for goods vehicles and buses from January 2014, September 2015 for cars and light vans, and September 2016 for larger vans up to and including 3.5 tonnes gross vehicle weight.

Post #232065031st Dec 2022 8:30 am
disco-nut

To make the diesels compliant they just need an E marked DPF fitted by an approved company. There is a few out there.

Lucky for me, my D3 will be exempt until 2027 then 😂 shame I hate London with a passion and vowed never to go back 4 years ago and so far have managed to resist the urge 😂

But decided as the paperwork I need to change my car to disabled tax will probably take a month because of certain strikes, at exactly 00.01am 1st January 2023, I paid for 1 months tax 😂 and I know what car I am using tomorrow!

If it wasn’t for me waiting to tax my car, I would have been fast asleep.

Happy New Year.

Post #23207941st Jan 2023 1:22 am
disco-nut

Just after midnight, I paid for the tax on my Discovery, so it is back in use.
New Years day was partially spent putting the final parts back on after the diff was replaced. Just the undertrays.

Not sure what happened, But I shut the tailgate, the handle and the reg lights stopped working after, I can only open the tailgate from the dash buttons at the moment, so another day, I will have a look and see why it has stopped. Hoping it is something stupid like a fuse. But I think it is nore likely a loose connection or damaged wire despite the fact I fitted a new switch I think last year or maybe a bit longer before, but the car has barely moved since the diff went.

Still can't believe it is back on the road though.

Post #23210243rd Jan 2023 1:09 am
Moo
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

disco-nut wrote:
To make the diesels compliant they just need an E marked DPF fitted by an approved company. There is a few out there.

Lucky for me, my D3 will be exempt until 2027 then 😂 shame I hate London with a passion and vowed never to go back 4 years ago and so far have managed to resist the urge 😂

But decided as the paperwork I need to change my car to disabled tax will probably take a month because of certain strikes, at exactly 00.01am 1st January 2023, I paid for 1 months tax 😂 and I know what car I am using tomorrow!

If it wasn’t for me waiting to tax my car, I would have been fast asleep.

Happy New Year.

Curious on making diesel cars ULEZ compliant. I can't find anyone doing it or approved providers under the CVRAS. Do you have a link to an approved supplier / fitter? it seems more complicated than just fitting a Dpf, which is a whole heap of challenges in itself.

I'm sure many on her would be keen to know Thumbs Up
 New Defender L663 110 SE (known as Noddy!)

Sold Volvo XC90 R-Design (known as Basil)

Sold - D4 HSE (Known as Gerty)

No longer the Old Buses original owner Sad
231,000 miles and counting
05 S manual owned from March 2005
D4 Face lifted
Still original injectors and turbo
V8 Front brakes
BAS Remap, Allisport Intercooler and deCat
EGRs blanked
T-Max split charge
Hanibal Expeedition rack
Prospeed ladder
Duratrac tyres
IID BT
BAS FBH control 

Post #23210253rd Jan 2023 1:37 am
gstuart

Also very interested with regards in making ur vehicle ULEZ complaint

Had a read on one of the web sites, ref

https://ulez.co.uk/can-i-make-my-car-ulez-compliant/

If your car is not ULEZ compliant and you don't fancy forking out on the charges every day, then you could consider some ways to make it compliant.

You can look at retrofitting a non-compliant van or car to meet the requirements of the zone by either:

Upgrading the exhaust system
Changing the engine.
However, in addition to the cost of carrying out the work, you need to have the vehicle re-certified so it will be recognised by the DVSA as being compliant.

The big problem with both of these solutions is that the cost makes this process a very expensive undertaking.

To make your car ULEZ compliant, you could also look at emission reduction technologies, for example, selective catalytic reduction.

Though any retrofit technology that you fit to your car needs to be approved by the Clean Vehicle Retrofit Accreditation Scheme (CVRAS).

However, a visit to the Energy Saving Trust website highlights there are no retrofit emission control systems approved currently for pre-Euro 4 petrol vehicles and for pre-Euro 6 diesel cars.

The organisation says they do not believe the systems will be available at any point in the future.

There are a number of approved retrofit systems available for vans that use a selective catalytic reduction system, and this is added to the diesel particulate filter.

You'll need to check whether your van has an approved solution available because the system will be specific to the make and model.

Post #23210343rd Jan 2023 7:44 am
gstuart

That’s a shame as also looked on the energy saving trust website

https://energysavingtrust.org.uk/service/c...ion-scheme

Can I retrofit my pre-Euro 6 diesel car?

There are currently no CVRAS approved retrofit emission control systems for pre-Euro 6 diesel cars and we do not expect any to come to market in the foreseeable future. The Euro 6 standards for diesel cars came into effect in September 2015 and generally cars first registered with the DVLA after 2015 meet the Euro 6 standard. This means diesel cars that are up to 5-6 years old are generally compliant for a CAZ, LEZ or ULEZ.

Wonder with the proposed ULEZ expansion some companies will find solutions that arnt to expensive with this selective catalytic reduction technology

Post #23210363rd Jan 2023 7:48 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 27 of 32 <123 ... 262728 ... 303132>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >