Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > My Discovery 3

My 2004 Tonga Green D3
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 32 <123 456 ... 303132>
disco-nut

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

I have been a bit naughty and bought another little mod for the Discovery. Side vent Laughing
And also as I had a cashback bonus of £3 for a spend of over £20, I bought a replacement crash bar for the front as the front one is still bent.

I was hoping to run this beast to a garage near me tomorrow to get the wheel bearing checked, but have been side tracked with another job. So the Discovery is parked up until the wheel bearing / bearings are dealt with. So running around in my Range Rover. Not that I am complaining Rolling with laughter

Post #218156921st Oct 2020 6:48 pm
disco-nut

New sidevent arrived and with a little trimming as it wasn't a direct fit, despite being advertised as such, it is now on. Much happier with the new look.

Booked in to the garage tomorrow to find out which bearings are at fault.

Post #218193223rd Oct 2020 12:00 pm
disco-nut

1 front wheel bearing is causing the racket Laughing But being sorted next week by the looks of it. Doing a recovery job in exchange for the labour to fit the bearing I am supplying.

Also collected my new project trailer today. The Discovery didn't even notice is had something behind it.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Post #218210324th Oct 2020 1:29 pm
disco-nut

Tested this beast more today towing a big beast of a caravan. 23 mpg averaged for a 6 mile trip with the caravan.

Very smooth towing vehicle.

Post #218242525th Oct 2020 9:25 pm
disco-nut

Police are being extremely OTT about condition of cars for a campaign they are doing over the next 2 weeks, so what a great excuse to replace the sidelights with LED bulbs as 1 bulb had blown Laughing They are a lot brighter than the picture shows.

Post #218262626th Oct 2020 6:23 pm
disco-nut

My Discovery is back. Wheel bearing done. It had soo much play in it that it welded itself on and had to be cut off Shocked Laughing I remember this exact thing happening with my silver D3. But it's done, and what a difference in just the 1 mile I drove home it made. The bearing noise obviously has gone, managed to get as high as 40mph, but the biplane type noise is still there although not very loud.

I am having to use my car 1 last longer trip than I wanted to do tomorrow to collect another trailer for business purposes, so 1 last job in the D3 tomorrow, then it is barely going to move over the lockdown period. Going to have to take it in turns which car I take to go to a local but remote spot to walk my dog Laughing Luckily the campervan seems fine sat not moving for 2 months or more without being started, so not as worried about that. And thanks to trackers fitted to the cars which also monitor other things, I can monitor the voltage level of the batteries so if they drop to close to 12v, I know I need to use them.

Not much else to say, lockdown is a necessary evil and isn't strict enough, and is soul destroying, but I have been bargain hunting on line and managed to get projects lined up to keep me occupied on the 7 vehicles I have here (4 cars, 3 trailers).

Post #21845114th Nov 2020 9:29 pm
disco-nut

Didn't miss a beat, better on fuel than before the wheel bearing was done. The noise didn't get much louder when driving, but the mild droning (not a wheel bearing this time), is there. Towed the trailer again without batting an eyelid. This trailer as ordered by my other half, is for pretty urgent sale Laughing

I have done as I have been told and have advertised it in many places and will be adding an ad on this site as well.

Now the Discovery can have another but longer rest from work. Will be used bare minimum during lockdown. In fact it will barely be used at all during lockdown as I will be using my Range Rover.

But I have a few little jobs lined up to get done while we are in lockdown.

Want to install the reverse camera, sort out the random tail gate opening, might t-cut the scratches out of the door and wing and maybe clean it inside and out.

Post #21848535th Nov 2020 11:22 pm
disco-nut

My ownership was short of the last trailer I collected, has gone to someone this morning who is going to restore it, and I am now out of the dog house for buying it in the first place Laughing

Delivered the trailer part of the way.

Post #21851017th Nov 2020 10:53 am
smoke4k

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Tonga green is lovely, I searched for one for a while but nothing came up near me for ages so I settled for grey. Did they do tonga green in the D4 as well?

Post #21854448th Nov 2020 6:33 pm
NavyDoc

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Tonga green was an early D3 colour only. Not available on later D3s nor D4 as I recall 👍

Post #21854478th Nov 2020 6:51 pm
disco-nut

smoke4k wrote:
Tonga green is lovely, I searched for one for a while but nothing came up near me for ages so I settled for grey. Did they do tonga green in the D4 as well?

If you really want one still, I will do a straight swap for your grey D4 Wink Laughing

Post #21857759th Nov 2020 9:26 pm
lard

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Wasn't too sure on tonga green at first but love it now - I had an opportunity to buy my D3 and it was too good price/condition to pass up (57 plate) - great seeing the updates, may have to also go with the front light grills!

Which screen update did you go for?

Here's mine - was considering a facelift grill but went for the ebay light bar install instead

Post #218580310th Nov 2020 12:50 am
disco-nut

Well, a pictures speak a thousand words, I am gay, the horrid woman across the road has been damaging my cars for over 3 years, but never to this extent, I don't flaunt what I am, I don't care if people accept me or not or talk crap behind my back, but there is no need for this...

There is even more damage and obscenities than I have shown on here. I have since used compound polish with a polishing machine, which has made the words less legible, but after a long debate today, I have had to put in a claim to my insurance company.

I can already guess the outcome. Write off. So....... the plan now is, buy it back if it's cheap enough, and get this one fixed, maybe. Or take the money and buy another one. I am still not sold on the colour, but I do love the car. However, if I do get it back and I fix it, then it will not be staying here until the police charge the vile scum who did it.

I have had to move my Range Rover off the road, and install more cameras in the cars. This incident was however caught on CCTV camera. CSI have been, now waiting for police officers to collect the footages.

Post #218655612th Nov 2020 8:36 pm
gstuart

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Hi

I’m absolutely speechless and shocked that someone judges someone else just by the sexuality , outrageous to whats been done

Heartbroken for u mate , Can a professional garage get the marks out for u or are they too deep

Please let us know how things go and hope there convicted for a hate / criminal damage conviction

Of course know u can’t say to much with an ongoing investigation

Post #218655912th Nov 2020 8:59 pm
Moo
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

I'm really sorry that has happened. I hate an abhor any form of discrimination or abuse in any form.

I hope that they throw the book at the scumbag, particularly as it is a hate crime.

If your insurer does write it off and you buy it off them, why not have it vinyl wrapped? You can pick the colour of your choice and change it whenever you want.

Take care, I hope it all gets resolved quickly and as easily as possible for you. Thumbs Up
 New Defender L663 110 SE (known as Noddy!)

Sold Volvo XC90 R-Design (known as Basil)

Sold - D4 HSE (Known as Gerty)

No longer the Old Buses original owner Sad
231,000 miles and counting
05 S manual owned from March 2005
D4 Face lifted
Still original injectors and turbo
V8 Front brakes
BAS Remap, Allisport Intercooler and deCat
EGRs blanked
T-Max split charge
Hanibal Expeedition rack
Prospeed ladder