DISCO4.COM > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

2008 Air to Coil Spring
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
J-boy

Hong Kong 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
2008 Air to Coil Spring

hi Folks,

I would like to seek your advices on Air to Coil Springs for my 2008 2.7T Diesel.

I am planning to do the conversion with a 2" lift. But I understand that with the air suspensions if I use the max height for normal driving, the bushings will get damage under a prolonged period. Therefore, if I convert to coil springs with a 2" lift for good, am I going to damage the bushings just like the air springs with max height for normal driving? or those 2" lift kit would not have that problem ?

thanks for your advice in advance.
 08 Java Black TD V6 D3 | ARB Bull Bar | Smittybilt X2O 12K Gen2 Wireless Winch | ARB A32 Intensity LED Driving Lights | De-tango’ed | Safari Snorkel | Poly Bushings (red) | Silicone IC Hoses | EGR Blanked | BAS Remapped | Dual Battery | Smoked Indicators | Rock Sliders | Compomotive PD1881 Rims | Cooper STT Pro 285/65/18 | HEL Brake Lines| DBA Brake Disc w EBC Yellow Stuff Pads | Mobicool FR-35 Compressor Fridge | Rear Camera | D4 LED Rear Lights | Kaymar Rear Bar w RHS RB Carrier |  
Post #206500230th Jun 2019 10:12 am
grzesiul

Poland 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

Hi,

IN reg to bushing especially hydrobush on lower arms I would loosen up the arms to allow hydro bush to be moved to this new position as normal driving height and than fit whatever kit you want on the vehicle. I use to have std dampers with KingSprings for 4 years with no slightest issues at all. 50mm lift and progressive springs were a bit harsh to ride on if compared to air but never had issues cos it is simple setup unlike EAS.

Old Man Emu makes nice springs and if you want to have bullet proof dampers I would go for Bilstein ones.

Some exaples of setup on old bus:
Click image to enlarge

Normal position of arms when adjusted to lifted coils:
Click image to enlarge

Rgds
Greg

Post #206500730th Jun 2019 10:34 am
J-boy

Hong Kong 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

thanks Greg!
 08 Java Black TD V6 D3 | ARB Bull Bar | Smittybilt X2O 12K Gen2 Wireless Winch | ARB A32 Intensity LED Driving Lights | De-tango’ed | Safari Snorkel | Poly Bushings (red) | Silicone IC Hoses | EGR Blanked | BAS Remapped | Dual Battery | Smoked Indicators | Rock Sliders | Compomotive PD1881 Rims | Cooper STT Pro 285/65/18 | HEL Brake Lines| DBA Brake Disc w EBC Yellow Stuff Pads | Mobicool FR-35 Compressor Fridge | Rear Camera | D4 LED Rear Lights | Kaymar Rear Bar w RHS RB Carrier |  
Post #206501130th Jun 2019 10:42 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >