Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Camping, Caravanning and Holidays

2021 = UK
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

The lockdown breakers that were up here in their campervans and tintents over the last couple of weeks certainly got a fright on Monday morning with snow on the ground and temps a few degrees below zero. Thumbs Up

Post #22232148th Apr 2021 12:34 pm
riverblanche

England 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Hi,
where ever anyone Wants to go, you might want to get booking now Whistle

spoke to someone this morning as we had already had a chat about booking for our tintent and she said they started looking this week and could not believe how many sites were already booked up even through to Sept.

First weekend they are having is Castleton end of may, Has anyone mention the Peak district yet, bet no ones going there Laughing

Glad the place we went to last August we booked for this August again (not saying where it is Whistle )

Thumbs Up
 Transit! 2019
Gone D3 HSE 2008
Another Porsche Cayenne 2022
Gone Porsche Cayenne 2020
Gone RRS HSE Dynamic 2016
Gone RRS HSE LUX 2011
Gone RRS HSE 2006
Gone D3 SE 2.7 2008
gone D2 Td5 1999

I plan on living forever and so far so good !

Club DG Mclaren stuff

Post #22232208th Apr 2021 12:58 pm
stew 46

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Siberian SilverDiscovery 3

NoDo$h wrote:
stew 46 wrote:
We have already got a few invaders that have arrived with a new kettle or spoon to get there places ready to let Rolling Eyes BUT THE £££££ will be welcome Very Happy Thumbs Up

Yup, Dorset similarly suffering.

Must build bigger gates.... Whistle

We can’t stop them so best thing to build is a bigger wallet Whistle Laughing , I thought I could start taking them out on seagull watching trips for a small fortune on my new play thing

8) Thumbs Up
 -------------------------------------------------
if you cant hold on dont let go , it ill come in handy for something even if you never use it.
D3 SE 05,
110 s wagon 300 tdi SOLD
h top transit
crew cab transit
transit connect
ausa dumper, muck truck .
peljob 2.5 digger
06 L 200 crew cab 

Post #22232378th Apr 2021 2:18 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ruben
D3 Decade 

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

leeds wrote:
May I throw a different idea into the pot?

NC500 is likely to be teeming and yes Scotland is famous for its whiskey and the abundance of midges at the wrong time of the year.

How about the Wild Atlantic Way down west coast of Ireland? RoI is in the EU but is in the Common Travel Area with the UK. I do not think there are/will be any travel restrictions between the UK and RoI.

We had a great time doing part of it pre pandemic.

Whatever you decide, stay safe and enjoy.

Brendan

reading this brings me very good and longed-for memories .... Uk and Ireland, in both places, both the magnificent and totally recommendable Irish Wild Atlantic Way, a trip that is quite recent for me about 2017 with the D3, as the curious small trips, which by the way I remember as quite dificults due to the effort involved at that time, in 1990, not having a GPS and having to follow the RAC Motoring Atlas Britain road map, which by the way I still have, provided on the boat Val del Loire de Brittany Ferries that took us to the UK from Santander ... all while we faced the pasing places premiering an aubergine colored Opel Vectra 2.0i for the occasion (his Vauxhall Cavalier if I remember correctly) I remember endless trips to Ullapool and Thurso while we made our nights in Inverness .... they were unforgettable days and I remember well the Scottish Midges the first time we stopped to take a photo in a photogenic and beautiful lake, in 2 seconds we were inside the car again.... just like the rest of the trip of almost a month through the United Kingdom, I have come back many times ... but for some reason it was never the same ... we were free in those days and how many things have changed since then ... I want you to enjoy it a lot ... you are very lucky to have it so close at hand, and take good care of yourself. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 lost in translation!  
Post #22233308th Apr 2021 9:29 pm
astonbuilder

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
And we're back from Scotland trip..... (VERY pic heavy)

Well we did the trip, 2000 miles up, round and back. Have to say we LOVED it. We've seen some amazing view on our travels in Europe and America and Scotland is every bit as good as the best of them.

Think we were spoiled by the weather as forecast ahead of leaving was pretty poor but every place forecast for Censored weather seemed to change en route for us. It was mostly a very pleasant bright, sunny 15-16 degrees peaking at around 21 degrees a couple of days, perfect for us and the type of trip it was. Only rain we had was in Glasgow city centre Laughing

We followed the route as per the OP really but the stops were just bases to travel around from. Have to say Inverness was the best 'base' we thought for things to do North, East, South and West from. We got as close as 80 or so miles from John O'Groats and almost went there just to 'tick it off' but we had too many other things planned.

People were friendly everywhere we went (struggled to understand the accent and not helped by masks!), lot of pre-match 'banter' about the match on whilst we there but I avoided the packed pub on Skye with 99.9% of those in attendance wearing Scotland shirts...... Wink

Only had mozzies on Skye (we had a 'pod' next to a small stream) but luckily not 'biters', just a PITA. A citronella candle worked but just for a local area of about 12" but lighting a fag (we only smoke occasional fag on holiday) cleared them off so I was lighting fags and setting them up like joss sticks around us when sat outside (cheap Balkan one's from previous holiday).

Have to say Scotland were well organised on Covid rules. Even remote places strictly, but politely, enforced distancing, masks, sanitiser, etc. Only thing I didn't like was they generally didn't have the NHS app (or Scottish equivalent?) but unique log in apps everywhere that required life history to be filled in every Censored time. Worst places were those that had one app to enter and then another, different, one to order food or drink Evil or Very Mad

Below are just a fraction of photo's I took of our trip. Ran out of superlatives for views we experienced. Loved it. You Scots are damn lucky people to live there Bow down

Post #223925630th Jun 2021 6:48 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

In Oxford at the mo on mini holibob. Thumbs Up

Post #223925830th Jun 2021 6:55 pm
highlands

Ukraine 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
Re: And we're back from Scotland trip..... (VERY pic heavy)

astonbuilder wrote:

Blimey, you packed in a lot of driving...did you wave as you went past us? Wink
 Black 05 TDV6 HSE Auto
Grey 05 TDV6 HSE Auto (Gone)
54 TDV6 SE Man (killed by me Sad

Post #223930430th Jun 2021 11:05 pm
galwaygreen

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Graphite LE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

you must be knackered after that trip in 14 days...BUT WHAT A LACE pity we are so far away ere in southwest

Post #223930630th Jun 2021 11:24 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
astonbuilder

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

You have to remember that about 7-800 miles is the straight ‘getting there and back’ of the overall mileage so ‘only’ around 100 miles a day ‘out and about’ Thumbs Up

Lewis - I knew we were ‘in the area’ and looked it up when home and realised then that we, literally, went right past your place Rolling Eyes . Could have saved myself those trips to Cov’ and Kenilworth and dropped your bits in directly Wink

Post #22393111st Jul 2021 5:32 am
drmcw

United Kingdom 

Fabulous pics Thumbs Up

Post #22393141st Jul 2021 5:50 am
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Excellent trip!

Post #22393171st Jul 2021 6:06 am
James W

United Kingdom 

drmcw wrote:
Fabulous pics Thumbs Up

+1 great photos. Congratulations on such a great trip! Thumbs Up
 D4 XS, gone, much loved, never forgotten
2018 FFRR SDV8 Autobiography - WTF does this button do 

Post #22393251st Jul 2021 7:32 am
ianm27

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

Great pics and, as you said, it really is a great place to visit, without the midgies Thumbs Up
 Uncle Ray's spare wheel protector
Limo Tint
Blackvue front & rear dashcam
Cruise control switch pack
Bodsy's remote for FBH 

Post #22393581st Jul 2021 10:27 am
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

Taking a few days off myself. I was due to be on a ferry to France last night, plan being to meander down via Versailles, take in the gardens, then pootle on to Dijon and finally the Alps for some walking.

So I decided to head out on a 24km trek on my own doorstep instead, taking in part of the Hardy Trail and the South West Coast Path.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

As that last one suggests, some of the route was a bit steep!
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #22394641st Jul 2021 7:25 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >