Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > In Car Electronics (D3)

4 * 4 INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
MARKW

United Kingdom 

I was thinking the same thing. Go to a show, and get your car maxxed up by the BBS crew. Then you have everything that is avail on your car.
Problem is if it goes into a dealer for work and they update your software will it revert back to your pre status or will it give you the add ons back. If the dealer can't turn them on surely he can't turn them off with the software he has??
 HONI SOIT QUI MAL Y PENSE

They shall not grow old as those of us left grow old. Age shall not weary them, nor the years condem. At the going down of the sun, and in the morning WE WILL REMEMBER THEM 

Post #44231022nd Mar 2009 4:03 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Very entrepreneurial bigfatsi

You would have my full support on such a venture.
For me, making money is nice, but its actually below making a difference in my book, if you know what i mean.
I am more than most appreciate that several hundred pounds for the whole cow is restrictive.

There should be a raft of features that can also be activated.

Markw, good thinking, However, the CCF data is not the same as regular flash contents, so unlike a fuel map it does not run the same risk of being overwritten by a regular software update procedure.
In fact there are 2 back up copies stored in the Body Control and Engine Management, so if you have the instrument pack changed, typically the IDS that the dealer uses, takes and uses these back ups.
Of course, we also provide a facility to copy the same customized CCF data into these two ECU's, so all 3 would match. Therefore simply having your vehicle systems software updated or indeed the Ipack replaced would not cause any loss, however a dealer could still restore the original CCF data from their AS BUILT copy. the ones i used to collate my vehicle by vehicle cross section information, But they would have to purposefully do this and there really is no good reason to do it. If it concerned you, you could tell them that you have had your cars configuration customized and that you specifically don't want it restored back to AS BUILT.

Interestingly, when a dealer requires a modification to the CCF data, i know that Land Rover supply them with a modified copy by E-mail, then they use their IDS to write this in. With a bit more research i could very likely supply the same file type and so anyone could take this file to a dealer and have them upload it to the vehicle.

Post #44232022nd Mar 2009 5:24 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MARKW

United Kingdom 

BBS

Looking at your figures of how many of what is fitted is there a way to find out if bits are fitted to a car or not. Do you have access to build spec lists using the VIN number?

They shall not grow old as those of us left grow old. Age shall not weary them, nor the years condem. At the going down of the sun, and in the morning WE WILL REMEMBER THEM 

Post #44234122nd Mar 2009 6:26 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Yea, we can pull up the data of any particular LR vehicle by VIN.

Post #44236222nd Mar 2009 7:59 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Seems like the question as to if a standard sat nav can be upgraded, has been answered by someone currently testing our software / system.

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic32772.html

Post #44357824th Mar 2009 9:13 pm
MARKW

United Kingdom 

Thumbs Up from me. The system he has, is it tied to his own VIN or has he got the multi VIN software? And would you object to him turning a few cars on to the max? For a cost or donation to site or payment to you?

Post #44358324th Mar 2009 9:16 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Hiya MARKW,

Thanks, it is nice to finally get to the stage of having a member able to test our software and its capabilities on their own vehicle. For once people can see we are not just full of hot air Very Happy

It would be inappropriate for me to discuss any given customers / members licensing or arrangement with us, however i can tell you that with very few exceptions most private individuals opt for our cost effective single vehicle packages.

However should anyone purchase the slightly more expensive multi vehicle option and offer CCF editing as a service, they would have my full blessing and support.

regards

Post #44360224th Mar 2009 9:34 pm
RLD
Uncle Ray 

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

well it would not tell Kevin T his problem last week he could not even get it to work
 Home of RLD Hidden winch mounts Spare wheel Locks Trailer Body Fabrication [email protected] D3/4 sump plates MY 14 sump plates and the Discovery Sport wheel protectors Discovery 5 wheel locks
more Helsport tents and other things for camping Law of Mechanical Repair:
"After your hands are coated with grease, your nose will begin to itch and you'll have to pee!" 

Post #44360324th Mar 2009 9:37 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Yes, poor old kevin T Shocked
No matter how much we insist on customers reading and following the help and instructions, some inevitably and quite sadly do go off the rails, quite badly it seems, and despite our best endeavors to help and a lack of information from them, we can only do so much in some cases.

I have not heard from him on our specially provided owners only Technical support forums in a while now, which usually indicates that someone sorted their problems, got used to the systems foibles, however i was left wondering Shocked

If Kevin-t is unfortunate enough to still have problems he should know he has only but to ask our help in solving them. otherwise he is most welcome to a full 100% refund should he wish it.
I can't say fairer than that.

Post #44369724th Mar 2009 11:21 pm
01coccobet

Italy 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Tangiers OrangeDiscovery 3

This is sooooo interesting Bow down

I might create a monster in Italy if I spread-out the WORD(you know italians aren't good in PURE lengauges)

how can we do then?

BBS would you ever visit Italy?

I might organize a meeting with you and the tool.

feel free and just ask your needeing.
 figuring it out!!!!
the best feeling:getting airborne. 

Post #4484592nd Apr 2009 12:04 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Hmmn World tour Rolling Eyes
Well you definitely got me thinking,

regards

Post #4484972nd Apr 2009 1:13 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >