Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > In Car Electronics (D4)

4x4 Display on XS?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
MartinR

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Galway GreenDiscovery 4
4x4 Display on XS?

Seeing the 4x4 display on an HSE demonstrator the other day (my boss wants one now, having seen mine, so lunch was spent at the dealers instead of the pub...), does anyone know yet if it can be unlocked on the lower spec models of D4 as it could with the D3 (see this thread)?

Cheers

Martin

Post #5286752nd Oct 2009 6:27 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Hello Martin
Pleased to meet you,

I first became a regular member of this board at the beginning of this year, with some then outrageous sounding claims that i could do pretty much anything possible on a Disco 3 technological wise and asking members for any input as to the areas i should concentrate on.

Despite a sticky start, and a bit of ribbing and laughter, a few members on here, as well as the boards administration, did to their ultimate credit give me the benefit of doubt and the chance to prove my claims
Now, as you seem to already know, the capability of enabling features on D3's such as the 4x4 info is indeed common practice.

So i guess i am the person most able to answer your question Thumbs Up

Technologically wise the D3 is nothing like the D4. It may look like just a face lift, but It has a whole new set of electronic ECU's in it for a start, using a totally different and wholly ford protocol for both diagnostic and inter ECU communications. This means that anyone with our existing D3 equipment will not even be able to communicate with a D4.

However other that a re write of our software to accommodate the different ECU communication protocol, things should be pretty much business as usual. In particular, we note that the CCF block of data that is required to be edited and altered to provide such capability as 4x4 info enabling is still present as was in the D3, albeit in a different ECU and with an additional block of EUCD CCF data.

So although it might take us a short while to do this migratory re writing and introduce D4 software for our system, it is almost a for gone conclusion that it will ultimate also provide equal if not greater capability than our existing D3 stuff.

Indeed our current ongoing development activity of Flash File Programming capability which we seemingly continually hope is only a short time away from general release, also includes all info and files for the D4 too.

So at your next pub lunch with your boss, you can tell him that while the capability for enabling 4x4 info on a D4 does not currently exist, you have been told from someone who can be believed, that it definitely will be.

I hope this helps

By the way, mine's a pint Rolling with laughter

warmest regards

Last edited by BBS SPY on 5th Oct 2009 12:42 pm. Edited 2 times in total 
Post #5294994th Oct 2009 8:14 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
90BHP

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
Re: 4x4 Display on XS?

MartinR wrote:
does anyone know yet if it can be unlocked on the lower spec models of D4

486 Word reply

Was this not a simple yes / No Question ?
 "To finish first, one first has to finish ...."  
Post #5296164th Oct 2009 10:23 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
horton_graham

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Manual Izmir BlueDiscovery 3

a lenghthy but informative reply.
a simple no, wouldn't have let the OP know what was on the way,
 D3 xs Izmir blue
D3 s Arctic frost
200tdi D1 13 yrs 

Post #5296214th Oct 2009 10:29 pm
90BHP

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

How about NO - But I'm working on it ?
 "To finish first, one first has to finish ...."  
Post #5296234th Oct 2009 10:31 pm
MartinR

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Galway GreenDiscovery 4

Laughing

Just "yes, soon" would have done, but a little bit of passion for your work never goes amiss (says someone who's seen daylight a few times when working 'late' on a problem)

Post #5296434th Oct 2009 11:08 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Two aspects of my profession are that i typically type much faster than average and that i know that in such situations you can never really have too much information.

I also enjoy writing, especially in respect of the subject for which i do have a deep passion.
Therefore if i have the time at hand and especially if i have a good bottle of wine to get through, Thumbs Up then you may well see such lengthy and impassioned responses from me. Whistle

Glad to hear you are acquainted with the infamous all nighters Martin Thumbs Up

Post #5298345th Oct 2009 12:34 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >