Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > In Car Electronics (D4)

Adaptive Cruise Control 2016 Discovery 4
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 16 of 28 <123 ... 151617 ... 262728>
Dondiddy

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Yulong WhiteDiscovery 4

Sorry did not read your previous post correctly! Will double check the settings on mine and post my findings

Post #220320917th Jan 2021 9:47 pm
RATA1

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XXV LE Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

RATA1 wrote:

I discovered that CMbB is "Collision Mitigation by Braking" and it needs to be enabled. On my VIN as built it is "not fitted/disabled" perhaps this simply needs to be enabled to support the CCF setting
"Forward collision warning -> Forward collision warning GEN 1" along with others and without it it is giving "incompatible configuration" so won't calibrate. Perhaps the FH and GH cars toggle this automatically when you enter one of the other ACC settings?

Oh if only it were that simple - well it might be Wink

Anyway I thought I would share my initial finding for feedback.

And the answer is...

Click image to enlarge

No it doesn't make it work Sad

Thanks Dondiddy for telling me where it was.

Censored

Looks like a BCM flash...who is brave enough?
 In today's world, if you contribute something, you don't contribute enough. If you contribute nothing, you receive everything.

2014 Discovery XXV
1961 Series 2 

Post #220365219th Jan 2021 2:57 pm
Dondiddy

Although it probably won`t make a difference, but did you enable the 2nd option as well?

Post #220365419th Jan 2021 3:14 pm
RATA1

Click image to enlarge

I did, and it didn't.

I can share the As Built ECU data for comment by those that know much more about mixing and compatability now I have removed the source info - would that be helpful to any followers and lurkers or have you all got bored yet?

I am pretty sure I have all the CCF settings in mine now from Genesis that need to be done.

What is complaining about the incompatible configuration?

Is it the CCM asking the BCM for CCF config and doesn't like what it gets back? CCM/BCM FW?
Or the BCM telling the CCM what to do and it doesn't like it? CCM FW too new/BCM too old?
Or does a different newly configured device circumvent the BCM and talk directly to the CCM and it doesn't know what to do? Which device?
Or does the BCM simply not bother communicating to it even though it is in the CCF.
Is there some security "bit" that needs over-riding.

What is the message flow as anything on the HS CAN bus is fair game to all on it. Doubt anyone has a nice flow diagram Smile

The IID says complete after running the calibration but what is it sending, where from (directly from the tool to the CCM or telling the BCM to run a routine) and what confirmation does it get back and what error checking is in place or is it a fire and forget?
Are there any (debug) log files to see what is going on? Probably not.
Is it actually sending it to the right address?

If this were SIP I would have figured it out by now or at least know who was saying what "on the wire".

The instrument pack and all the other devices in the logical flow aren't throwing any errors as they haven't been told to do anything yet by the CCM I guess so until they get told (i.e. calibration successful) there may be more fun ahead.

Frustrated - need more info or a totalled D4 with working electrics as a lab!
 In today's world, if you contribute something, you don't contribute enough. If you contribute nothing, you receive everything.

2014 Discovery XXV
1961 Series 2 

Post #220367119th Jan 2021 4:57 pm
Dondiddy

If the IID tool is saying after a few seconds that the calibration has completed successfully then that is the same issue that I had when first trying to get mine working. My issue was caused by the wrong firmware in the radar. After getting updated firmware from Gap the calibration procedure then ran correctly.I.E the yellow ACC symbol began flashing and I could start driving to complete the process.

Post #220368219th Jan 2021 5:32 pm
RATA1

Hello,
Yes that is what it does. How long should it take when it works?
I assumed it was because there was an error on the CCM (and still probably is) - maybe it has the incorrect FW on it but would Pat have sent this to James also?

I know what FW you have as I have it too - maybe I got sent a duff file - what was the previous one do you know or was it the same name just 'changed'?

There is an earlier version of FW loaded on the factory fit car as previously mentioned - maybe I'll have to try that. It is in my plan.

Thanks

2014 Discovery XXV
1961 Series 2 

Post #220368519th Jan 2021 5:40 pm
Dondiddy

When working correctly once you run the calibration it should take a minute or so for the flashing yellow light to appear. Then you complete the process by driving until the light goes steady.This can take up to 50miles of driving. As I did mine during lockdown I had to complete mine on my drive to and from work which took 4 days for it to complete as it was only a 10mile round trip. The calibration will continue if you have to switch the engine off and start it up again later. Sorry I do not know what FW was in the radar before It was flashed but it did come originally from a 2014 L405 V8. (I have the vin for it if you think it will help)

Post #220369419th Jan 2021 6:21 pm
RATA1

Dondiddy wrote:
When working correctly once you run the calibration it should take a minute or so for the flashing yellow light to appear.

OK, so I should get my hopes up if it has a delay of more that a few seconds, hopefulness increasing every 10 seconds to huge grin aftyer 60!

Dondiddy wrote:
Sorry I do not know what FW was in the radar before It was flashed but it did come originally from a 2014 L405 V8. (I have the vin for it if you think it will help)

OK, I misunderstood, I thought you meant the FW on the radar after Pat sent you a file to flash then he sent another. Think I asked this before - sorry.

2014 Discovery XXV
1961 Series 2 

Post #220369919th Jan 2021 6:33 pm
Dondiddy

To clarify when trying to calibrate the radar unit with the (as bought) L405 FW I got incompatibility messages but the gap tool said that process completed successfully (when it had not) Gap identified the FW issue and send me updated FW via the fastlane service.I flashed this to the radar and was then able to complete the calibration process successfully. I only had to do this once.

Post #220370419th Jan 2021 6:52 pm
RATA1

CCF and ECU compare

This is the CCF compare/difference from the 2014 build (2015 VIN) with ACC and mine from the "As Built".

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Didn't know there were 37 days in March..

Click image to enlarge

And ECU HW here.

Click image to enlarge

2014 Discovery XXV
1961 Series 2 

Post #220390420th Jan 2021 5:06 pm
mjom89

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

Mine has stopped working today... I noticed that the forward alert symbol had gone and if I switched it back on it immediately went off again. I tested cruise.... nothing.

A quick scan shows this:

The question is do we think the switch pack has failed or could I have damaged something fitting it?! Could I fit my non ACC pack and expect to get cruise back as a test?

I used cruise on a journey to work but on the way home it wasn’t allowed!

Post #22084196th Feb 2021 4:52 pm
mjom89

Oh this too:

Post #22084216th Feb 2021 4:54 pm
Dondiddy

The switchpack error is an older fault so I would discount it.I would clear the codes and then see if they come back or the cruise starts working again.

Post #22084286th Feb 2021 5:15 pm
mjom89

Good spot - I didn’t notice that. The screenshot was before I cleared the fault and they both came back afterwards.

Ironic really.... today I sold a Disco 2 that i was constant chasing faults on. Now this!

Post #22084306th Feb 2021 5:19 pm
RATA1

Has it got wet anywhere?
Which two errors come back?
You could remove the two fuses to take the CCM off the bus and revert the CCF to pre ACC that will rule out the new stuff.
I fitted my switch pack weeks before fitting my radar and changing the CCF and it was fine. It is just a resistive ladder for the switches so without the ACC it will just be dumb cruise ignoring the two distance buttons.

Unlikely that you damaged the switchpack when fitting as they are simple connectors and only go one way and would have come up after fitting I would say - unless they have fallen out!

I think ACC stops working if there are any errors and is a bit more sensitive that the dumb cruise. I think I posted something I found about it in this thread in response to a metal number plate.

Cheers.

2014 Discovery XXV
1961 Series 2 

Post #22085006th Feb 2021 9:43 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 16 of 28 <123 ... 151617 ... 262728>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >