Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Add internal Equipment to an SE!
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

All members should anticipate some friendly banter in any thread they create or participate in. It is the nature of the site and provided it is within the posting rules there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. I see nothing other than that in this thread. However, if you want to complain then I suggest you click the red triangle and put your concerns to site admin Thumbs Up
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #3572059th Oct 2008 9:24 am
kil2508

Wales 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

I really dont understand the purpose of your post sorry Rolling Eyes

I have merely taken issue with the fact that i feel D3 arent really adaptable friendly for my desired purposes and feel that the thread has gone a little way ward from its purpose IMHO.

In saying that I have had some good help and would like, those who have, to note my appreciation.

I have no issue with banter what so ever, in fact i operate in an enviroment where banter keeps you going! Wink
 '56 Disco 3 SE - Tonga Green
'98 TUL HS - Wolf Land Rover Defender - NATO Green 

Post #3572309th Oct 2008 10:21 am
Ken

10forcash wrote:
1. moderately difficult
2. not currently possible
3. possible, but very expensive

Right going back to the start TFC (Who knows) answered the questions

1-can be done
2-OEM style cant be done but there are workarounds some I would not try some like a TFT mirror offer a great solution as then you can have a rearview cam as well
3-Is a waste First D3 had it , Second one did not and did not miss it now I have a Range Rover Autobiog which has it but I dont use it

There are many upgrades possible and you wont be dissapointed with a D3 in any way

Post #3572649th Oct 2008 10:56 am
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

kil2508 wrote:
I.....feel D3 arent really adaptable friendly for my desired purposes

I'm not sure anyone at Land Rover ever implied it was? Modular approaches to car spec levels aren't as common as some people think, and probably less so now than perhaps 10 years ago. With some systems you get lucky, with others you don't. Bi-Xenon upgrade to post 2007 cars is a case in point, where a change to the CJB for >07 is fingered as being the cause of the wig-wag "police car" flicker on start up, something that doesn't occur if you put the same headlamps into an 06 or earlier.

As mentioned by 10, elaborated by Wiggs and repeated by Ken, TV can and has been added aftermarket, but NOT with LR parts. Heated seats ditto, although can be done at much greater expense with LR parts. Rear aircon can be done, is very expensive.

I'm a bit confused as to why you think LR have dropped the ball here. They have never sold the car as some kind of lego kit where you buy a base model and spec it up as funds allow so why you should buy a D3 and express annoyance at anyone other than yourself is a bit puzzling.

Don't let the spec thing spoil what is in every other respect a great car. If you are able to return the car and obtain a higher spec at a sensible price you'll be happy, and if you can't I hope you'll still be happy with it.

Cheers!

ND
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #3573099th Oct 2008 1:05 pm
kil2508

ND

Thanks for your words mate Thumbs Up

Post #3573399th Oct 2008 2:19 pm
90BHP

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Am I the only one who can see the link in my earlier post about fitting headrest screens, freeview etc Rolling Eyes
 "To finish first, one first has to finish ...."  
Post #3573949th Oct 2008 5:04 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BrumLee

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

kil2508 wrote:

I have merely taken issue with the fact that i feel D3 arent really adaptable friendly for my desired purposes and feel that the thread has gone a little way ward from its purpose IMHO.

You're the person that should have done their homework and checked what specs are available on a vehicle before buying it. If I'd have wanted a D3 with HSE spec I wouldn't buy a SE and then pay stupid prices to make it a HSE, it's false economy.

kil2508 wrote:
I have no issue with banter what so ever, in fact i operate in an enviroment where banter keeps you going! Wink

So why the issue with a reasonable reply in a jovial manner Confused

You'll see throughout this forum you get all sorts of answers, some helpful and some that conflict with what you already know. Some make you smile, some make you rage. But whatever your reaction, keep the negative ones in your mind as it won't make you look like you can't have a joke between mates.

I will certainly be wary how I reply to your future posts for fear you may think your still in a conflict zone.

Post #3574109th Oct 2008 5:37 pm
MacLeod 313

Scotland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

there are loads of these aftermarket add on's...........I personally dont drive from the back of the D3 so I dont need air con back there either. I have a HSE, cost new would be nearly 50k, I got it for a lot less................Yes it has the toys, bells, and whistles......But its still a D3.

All mod's can be bolted on, but if Landrover wanted a LEGO customer specified car they would'nt have all the various specs. Sure some of the wiring is standard and its merely plug n play for some upgrades, but is it worth splashing all the extra.

If you really want heated rear seats, its either the breakers yard for great deals, or an automotive upholster who could retrofit the heated seats...You probably will find the loom there in your D3 to plug this all up anyway.

As for the banter, yes sometimes it happens, and sometimes I bite / taking the wind ups the wrong way. Recently of late some comments and some members were taken out of context and left me a little foolish. My only advice is speak/type how to expect a reply. Look at what you type before hitting the submit button, filter the jokes with genuine help, and all will be fine. We are all entitled to have a bad day too, as I well know what you are going through. I spent 16 long years in 2 Para, left in 2002 and after loosing friends in Iraq and now some in Afganistan I take it personally too. You have my respect as I have done it too......

My name is Jason MacLeod, will be glad to help you if you need. As for the Moderators on here, they are genuinely helpful with alot of tongue in cheek. Combined effort these mods can knock spots of any LR technician, and the mods will know a man who knows a man who can help you Whistle Whistle

Post #3574569th Oct 2008 7:35 pm
MARKW

United Kingdom 

Banter Warning Shocked

Didn't 2 Para make the news last week. Something about decompression in Cyprus. Not sure about decompression more about inflation I heard Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
 HONI SOIT QUI MAL Y PENSE

They shall not grow old as those of us left grow old. Age shall not weary them, nor the years condem. At the going down of the sun, and in the morning WE WILL REMEMBER THEM 

Post #3574799th Oct 2008 8:03 pm
MacLeod 313

Whistle Whistle cheeky sod Thumbs Up

Post #3574819th Oct 2008 8:06 pm
AndrewS
Tarquin of the Desert 

United Kingdom 

MacLeod 313 wrote:
As for the banter, yes sometimes it happens, and sometimes I bite / taking the wind ups the wrong way. Recently of late some comments and some members were taken out of context and left me a little foolish. My only advice is speak/type how to expect a reply. Look at what you type before hitting the submit button, filter the jokes with genuine help, and all will be fine. We are all entitled to have a bad day too, as I well know what you are going through. I spent 16 long years in 2 Para, left in 2002 and after loosing friends in Iraq and now some in Afganistan I take it personally too. You have my respect as I have done it too......

My name is Jason MacLeod, will be glad to help you if you need. As for the Moderators on here, they are genuinely helpful with alot of tongue in cheek. Combined effort these mods can knock spots of any LR technician, and the mods will know a man who knows a man who can help you Whistle Whistle

OMG what a T W A T
 In the Beginning there was nothing, which exploded.  
Post #3575189th Oct 2008 8:45 pm
MacLeod 313

Andrew, why thank you for your valued comment............. Thumbs Up

Post #3575229th Oct 2008 8:49 pm
AndrewS
Tarquin of the Desert 

United Kingdom 

Yawn
 In the Beginning there was nothing, which exploded.  
Post #3575329th Oct 2008 8:53 pm
kil2508

Unforntunatly you have probably formed an opinion of me which wouldnt be the same if you knew me , but whatever you got to admit got not a bad thread going Wink

Gav

Post #3575429th Oct 2008 9:07 pm
RLD
Uncle Ray 

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

is this what it all about Yawn
 Home of RLD Hidden winch mounts Spare wheel Locks Trailer Body Fabrication [email protected] D3/4 sump plates MY 14 sump plates and the Discovery Sport wheel protectors Discovery 5 wheel locks
more Helsport tents and other things for camping Law of Mechanical Repair:
"After your hands are coated with grease, your nose will begin to itch and you'll have to pee!" 

Post #3575479th Oct 2008 9:13 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >