Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Technical (D4)

AMK Compressor ECU Flash Problem
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Collwyn

2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
AMK Compressor ECU Flash Problem

I’m having issues flashing the new AMK software onto a 2010 D4.

The original Hitachi compressor’s bracket was completely gone and we decided to change the whole unit instead of refurbishing the old one. The new AMK unit is now fitted but keeps coming up with the fault code -

C1A20-64 (AF) Pressure increases too slow when filling reservoir - Algorithm based failure - signal plausibility failure

This happens about 10 seconds after the compressor fires up. I keep clearing the code but it always comes back and then it says ‘normal height only.’

I can’t seem to get the ecu flashed with the AMK software. I have a GAP iid tool and it gets as far as checking the voltage but then says ‘aborted’ about a second later.

I’ve tried a reset of the car with the iid, and also used a big charger to keep the voltage up at about 14v but it makes no difference.

Has anyone had this issue or is there anything else I can try?

Because it looks like I might have to take the AMK one off and buy a Hitachi or refurb the old one.

Post #21599359th Jul 2020 11:43 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Disco_Mikey

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

What was the original fault?
 My D3 Build Thread

TDV8 Retrofit Build Thread 

Post #21599539th Jul 2020 12:16 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Collwyn

No fault before I took off the old one, but that fault has come up before but not for 6 months. I just though the compressor was on the way out anyway. The compressor bracket had gone completely and the compressor always ran for long periods id say, also you’d hear it blow off a lot after it had run. Maybe this is ‘normal’ for a hitachi, but my D3 with AMK compressor doesn’t do it.

I thought it would be the sensible thing to get the AMK upgrade kit from Advanced Factors.

So I’m just not sure if there is an underlying that I haven’t seen for a few months or is it because the software needs changed?

Post #21599579th Jul 2020 12:33 pm
Disco_Mikey

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Software changes the values required for the exhaust valve, and motor temperature, thats all

If you now have a slow to fill fault, you have either a faulty compressor or an air leak

Was it a genuine AMK kit you fitted?
 My D3 Build Thread

TDV8 Retrofit Build Thread 

Post #21599869th Jul 2020 3:01 pm
Collwyn

Thanks Mikey,

I'm not sure if its a 'genuine' AMK one..... it says it is on the sticker....

Turns out I did have a leak - But i only noticed it last night when I got a hand from someone to start the car so I could physically see it. Because the compressor stopped before I could get out of the car to check it.

When I fitted it and fired it up for the first time, it pumped for about 30 second then blew off the pipe from the drier to the middle block at the block end. I just thought i hadn't pushed it all the way in and put it back and it felt okay but a little 'slack,' but no other as the end into the drier.

The leak was on that pipe at the middle block end. Turns out when it blew off it blew the 2 'o' rings out too. I found one and replaced the other with a new one. Tried it again and it got to about 1,000 KPa and blew off again. Thats when I started measuring the pipe and saw it was small and also the fittings wouldn't bite very well, so I replaced it with an old one. That held and I got to about 1,400 KPa and it blew off the drier end this time. Refitted with an old fitting and it held. The compressor seemed to shutoff at 1,777 Kpa each time.

The new pipe from the drier to the centre valve block is a little bit thinner than the old one and the new connections wont grip it and they don't seem 'sharp' enough to grip the pipe either. I've used the old fittings but not happy to leave it. Im going to make up a new pipe for that section.

So now Ive sorted that, no more error codes and it seems to work as it should, but I still cant flash the new software on.

Do you think that it will be okay just to leave it with the Hitachi software long term? Would it be the motor temperature that could be the issue or is it the other way round where it might shut it off too early?

Post #216015610th Jul 2020 7:09 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >