Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

Annual insurance merry-go-round - again
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 12 <123 456 ... 101112>
RogB

United Kingdom 

just had a quote from Direct Line to insure my 2 spaniels... never claimed for them, both speyed, chipped etc etc

£730 !!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked WTF?? thats more than 3 time what i pay to drive and the dogs wouldnt even be covered for 3rd party, that was extra!
 2011 D4 XS 305 MY12 - gone but not forgotten  
Post #23024011st Aug 2022 8:30 am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

With dog thefts still a real issue, it's hardly surprising the insurance is so high these days. It's basically getting to the point of just self-insuring. Third party might be available through house insurance, or alternatively some of the shooting groups have dog insurance of various levels.
 Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #23024051st Aug 2022 8:52 am
RogB

United Kingdom 

its cheaper to stay with Sainburys pet insurance even though they put the price up by £70, but ive just done a meekat search and and get it even cheaper with Sainsburys through that and with higher level of cover.
What ever happened to existing customers getting the same quote as new customers Censored
 2011 D4 XS 305 MY12 - gone but not forgotten  
Post #23024421st Aug 2022 1:05 pm
Moo
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Our Cockepoo costs £52 a month (£624) with Pet Plan. Its certainly worth its weight in gold! There is no point changing because the service is excellent, the cover great and she has too many pre existing conditions. A recent few days in hospital and follow up for pancreatitis would have cost over £1100.

A neighbour changed policy recently to save a few quid only to find pre existing conditions weren't covered and they are already out of pocket over £1200 fixing things that were previously covered.
 New Defender L663 110 SE (known as Noddy!)

Sold Volvo XC90 R-Design (known as Basil)

Sold - D4 HSE (Known as Gerty)

No longer the Old Buses original owner Sad
231,000 miles and counting
05 S manual owned from March 2005
D4 Face lifted
Still original injectors and turbo
V8 Front brakes
BAS Remap, Allisport Intercooler and deCat
EGRs blanked
T-Max split charge
Hanibal Expeedition rack
Prospeed ladder
Duratrac tyres
IID BT
BAS FBH control 

Post #23024451st Aug 2022 1:20 pm
astonbuilder

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Got my Vespa renewal come through. Gone up just over a fiver. Did do the gocomparethemeercatexpert trawl and they were all more than my renewal. Never had that before!

Vespa costs me more to insure than my last Ducati as they are loaded for theft risk apparently (applies to scooters generally, that and I expect a lot of crash claims over the statistical calculations?).

Post #23025352nd Aug 2022 8:35 am
JordsDisco

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 3.0 SDV6 GS Manual Santorini BlackDiscovery 3

Phoned up Warranty Direct re renewal re the boys car. Basically seeing if they could reduce the premium.

Told me no, but when pushed it appeared they had over estimated his mileage by 6k. They amended it, said it wouldn’t make any difference to the forthcomig renewal, but might next year. Go figure! Rolling Eyes

Post #23025402nd Aug 2022 8:45 am
pjm-84

Ukraine 

Took up the 7day drive away insurance offer for the Defender.

Landrover insurance quoted £1290 Rolling with laughter for an annual policy based on 5000miles PA and SDP. Told me the XS didnt exist with the underwriters so its had to be treated as an P400X. To put this into perspective the BMW cost £540 based on 12000miles with business cover for both of us.

To cap it all off. My 7yr Boxer's insurance has now gone up to £900. No thanks. Never claimed so we'll self insurance from now on. Offered an £100 discount if we renewed.

Post #23026892nd Aug 2022 11:48 pm
astonbuilder

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Just had my private car insurance come through. Thought I may need to go on a trawl but it has only gone up just under a tenner, literally not worth the hassle or my time to spend searching.

It is already 'cheap' as it is a 'modern classic' Mercedes E320 convertible so any saving on a couple of hundred quid is unlikely to be huge as a percentage.

I have now stayed with my house insurer for three years, my 'bike insurer for two years and my car insurer for two years. Don't think I've ever done two years back-to-back with any insurer previously

Post #23096684th Oct 2022 2:32 pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

pjm-84 wrote:

To cap it all off. My 7yr Boxer's insurance has now gone up to £900. No thanks. Never claimed so we'll self insurance from now on. Offered an £100 discount if we renewed.

Presumably you mean the warranty rather than insurance. Fairly sure Plod takes a dim view of "self insurance" unless you're someone like Royal Mail. Laughing
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #231532117th Nov 2022 11:59 am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

Insurance renewal came through on the RRS from Admiral. An increase of £80 on last year's premium even though no claims have been made. Decided to have a look online and ended up with insurance from LVE for a significantly smaller sum than the Admiral's renewal (LVE's premium is about 60% of Admiral's!).

Admiral's cancellation system is a bit of a game with several pages to run through, including a reduced offer "good news, we can reduce your new premium by £11 after all!", yeah thanks for that but no thanks.

Bloody glad I decided to check around this year after all.
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8

Post #231532217th Nov 2022 12:05 pm
pjm-84

Ukraine 

RRSTDV8 wrote:
pjm-84 wrote:

Presumably you mean the warranty rather than insurance. Fairly sure Plod takes a dim view of "self insurance" unless you're someone like Royal Mail. Laughing

Third party cover through Dogs Trust for £1m Thumbs Up

https://www.dogstrust.org.uk/support-us/membership

Post #231532417th Nov 2022 12:35 pm
ianm27

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

Ah - Boxer = dog

not - Boxer = Porsche Boxster

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
 Uncle Ray's spare wheel protector
Limo Tint
Blackvue front & rear dashcam
Cruise control switch pack
Bodsy's remote for FBH 

Post #231532617th Nov 2022 12:52 pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

pjm-84 wrote:
RRSTDV8 wrote:
pjm-84 wrote:

Third party cover through Dogs Trust for £1m Thumbs Up

https://www.dogstrust.org.uk/support-us/membership

Ah, I read it as Boxster! D'oh! Embarassed Embarassed Laughing
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8

Post #231533217th Nov 2022 1:04 pm
pjm-84

Ukraine 

Rolling with laughter

I did look at warranty

Post #231533317th Nov 2022 1:04 pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

£1m third party cover for £25 does look good. Thumbs Up
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8

Post #231533617th Nov 2022 1:07 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 5 of 12 <123 456 ... 101112>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >