Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Another fun day with the suspension
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
KevinD3

England 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
Another fun day with the suspension

Sooooo, after repairing the air pump last year, all was good until the suspension started throwing up random errors again over the last couple of weeks, anything from the standard “suspension fault” to “sow rising” to a new one on me “extended mode” when trying to lower it on a flat tarmac road. Even had the dreaded bump stops the other day when it refused to let me go above 30mph on the way home.
Most of the faults have cleared once the ignition has been switched off and engine restarted but was starting to look at buying a new pump.

have a day off today so thought I’d get under and take a look.error codes were all over he place so started off filling the reservoir and getting the old soapy water bottle out. Pump looked good, rear and centre valve block all good, then got to the tank and could hear a lovely hisss from somewhere. Now, the tank looks good, bit of surface rust but the original paint is still on over 80% so never thought there’d be an issue there for a while, but after managing to get my hand on top, o could hear the change in noise as I passed over the leak hurray!!

Now, the tank is really easy to remove…two 10mm bolts at each end sooooooo….

After three hours of spanner’s, angle grinder, dremmel, crow bar and scuffed knuckles I finally got the tank off lol.

I left the airline connected and started the car, compressor came straight on and helped me find the issue Smile looks like it’s gone at the weld seem for the front bracket, apparently “the” place they go as the bracket catches and holds the mud and wet

Doesn’t look like AF do the tank so looking like Maltings to the rescue. Hoping this is THE fault and not A fault Smile

2008 HSE Stornoway Grey

My Wife thinks the D3 is a hobby, The D3 thinks the wife is 💕 

Post #232433827th Jan 2023 2:57 pm
Lrstaylor

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3

I bought an ebay tank for ours, no issues at all.

Post #232434627th Jan 2023 4:23 pm
KevinD3

Cheers bud, I’m away from home for a few days, will order a fresh one ready for when I get back to fit, poor Dennis looked weird with the front down on the bump stops when I left….can’t believe people pay to have these things “lowered”
 2008 HSE Stornoway Grey

Post #232458229th Jan 2023 5:52 pm
KevinD3

Right, got home from Turkey last night to find the new air tank delivered and waiting for me at a neighbours so of course went out and fitted it today Smile
Ordered from eBay but surprisingly the cheapest I found was genuine LR one being sold by an LR dealership, go figure Smile
No affiliation but I’ve included a link to their eBay shop below, nice to find a dealership I can afford so they might be useful to someone else

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/matfordjaguarla...media=COPY

Tanks went on easy, no leaks, had a quick “extended height, lower when clear of obstacles” error again after fitting but didn’t get chance to do anything as had to take the nipper to a party, hoping a clear of the codes and maybe a height calibration will close this one off tomorrow

2008 HSE Stornoway Grey

Post #23255365th Feb 2023 7:35 pm
Lrstaylor

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3

Fingers crossed

Post #23255485th Feb 2023 8:39 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >