Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Wheels & Tyres

Has anyone tried Vredestein Quatrac Pro Tyres?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
manganaj

United Kingdom 
Has anyone tried Vredestein Quatrac Pro Tyres?

Been looking for a set of new tyres and to save the faff of switching between summer/winter boots I’m looking for a decent all season. However, there are very few that have the 3PMSF marking and I’m keen to have that as often make trips to the Alps during the winter so want to make sure I meet the new regulations that come in from next year.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, the Vredestein Quatrac Pro tyres look like a really sound choice: a true all season with 3PMSF marking, and specifically designed for SUVs. There’s not much competition out there as quite a niche category. Reviews seem good but wondered if anyone on here has fitted a set and if yes, what are your thoughts?

Post #233029716th Mar 2023 9:53 pm
Dixie Dean

2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

I've got the Michelin Cross Climate Plus which I really like. They are 3PMSF rated. I have had Vredsteins before, the WinTrac which were good but a bit noisy. They may have improved them since.

There's a review of all season tyres here which shows both tyres: https://www.tyrereviews.com/Tyre-Type/Pass...ing-Tyres/
 2008 D3 HSE Stornoway Grey with Ebony Leather, towing a Coachman VIP 575  
Post #233030016th Mar 2023 10:13 pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 
Re: Has anyone tried Vredestein Quatrac Pro Tyres?

manganaj wrote:
Been looking for a set of new tyres and to save the faff of switching between summer/winter boots I’m looking for a decent all season. However, there are very few that have the 3PMSF marking and I’m keen to have that as often make trips to the Alps during the winter so want to make sure I meet the new regulations that come in from next year.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, the Vredestein Quatrac Pro tyres look like a really sound choice: a true all season with 3PMSF marking, and specifically designed for SUVs. There’s not much competition out there as quite a niche category. Reviews seem good but wondered if anyone on here has fitted a set and if yes, what are your thoughts?

What size are you considering? They look to miss out some of the usual LR sizes...
 Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #233030316th Mar 2023 10:32 pm
manganaj

United Kingdom 

I’ve actually bought them now for a fantastic deal off eBay (I’d been watching them for quite a while).

Tyres are 255/55/20 and brand new with stickers and factory markings so never fitted or driven on. DOT stamp on all 4 tyres is 2222 so not even a year old and got them for £600. I’m very happy.

Wheels are being refurbed this week so should have them fitted and on the truck by the weekend and really looking forward to how they will perform.

I’ve a long road trip to Austrian Alps and back the week before Easter so will have the chance to give them a great trial on the journey and can’t wait. I’ll be sure to report back!

Post #233063920th Mar 2023 2:09 pm
nigethecat

Ukraine 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial XS Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Had the Wintracs on a D3 I ran up to Finland and back and found them to be excellent, my preferred choice of winter tyre but have just ordered GG AT3s for my new 20 set of rims so I can use them year round Laughing
 I want to see the sweets before I get into your windowless van... I'm not stupid!

Corris Grey D4 Commercial SE 2016
Zermatt Sliver 2007 D3 SE manual (gone)
Indus Silver D4 HSE 2015 (gone)
Bonatti Grey D3 HSE 2006 (gone)
White D3 S (LHD) 2007 (gone)
Firenze Red D4 HSE 2014 (gone)
Black RRS 3.6TDV8 2008 (gone)
Rusty Green Defender 110 1997 (gone)
Black FL2 HSE 2013 (gone) 

Post #233068720th Mar 2023 6:54 pm
edwardandtubs

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

thats a cracking price!!!

Care to share the ebay seller?
 Discovery 4 HSE Luxury Santorini MY12
Discovery 3 GS Manual Java MY07 ( gone )
Mini Cooper S 

Post #233070920th Mar 2023 8:07 pm
manganaj

United Kingdom 

nigethecat wrote:
Had the Wintracs on a D3 I ran up to Finland and back and found them to be excellent, my preferred choice of winter tyre but have just ordered GG AT3s for my new 20 set of rims so I can use them year round Laughing

Wintracs also looked good if you’re in the market for a winter specific tyre and good to know you had a good experience. However, I’m talking about the Quatracs, which are an all-season and specifically designed for UHP SUVs, so fit the bill for the D3/4, RRS & FFRR market perfectly. I had also been looking at Hankook Kinergy 4S2s for similar reasons. There’s really not many manufacturers that do an all season with 3PMSF marking suitable for LR-sized vehicles that are a road (and not AT) tyre. Anyway, I’m looking forward to testing them out and reporting back when I return from my big road trip.

Edwardandtubs - it wasn’t a store, but a guy who’d bought them for his D4 but ended up not fitting as the previous set hadn’t worn down anywhere as quickly as he’d thought they would. Not sure why he bought another set so prematurely, but after sitting on them for 6 months he decided to sell on and I managed to snap them up very cheaply.

Post #233071020th Mar 2023 8:17 pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

Goodyear Vector 4Season SUV Gen-3
Continental All Season Contact
Michelin CrossClimate SUV
Pirelli Scorpion SF 2

All of the above are winter-rated SUV road tyres that, between them, top the test reviews on sites such as www.tyrereviews.com. Thumbs Up
 Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #233072320th Mar 2023 9:12 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >