DISCO4.COM > Technical (D4)

Approved Warranty Covers Heated Windscreen
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
1JBS

United Kingdom 
Approved Warranty Covers Heated Windscreen

Relates to my RRS but will apply to a Discovery with Approved Warranty -
During the last cold spell I noticed half the heated windscreen wasn't working so I called the Warranty Company spoke to a very helpful chap who noted my claim and told me to book it in with a dealer for inspection. I took it to Marshall Land Rover Oxford who lent me a Jaguar for 2 days, they inspected it, found it faulty (even with a stone chip on that side) ordered a new genuine screen and had it fitted the next day. There was no charge, I collected the car which had been valeted to a good standard - well done Marshall.
It's great that they cover the windscreen when most other warranty companies don't BUT such a shame that they wont cover the the Crankshaft when it breaks.. Rolling Eyes

Post #193818519th Apr 2018 5:32 pm
KTM Gordo

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Yulong WhiteDiscovery 4

I had that many years ago when my Freelander's heated windscreen had a large number of 'dead' elements in it.

Marshalls in Bedford took it in to do that under Approved Used warranty (plus an MOT which they'd forgotten to do when I bought it), and managed to not replace the screen because apparently they don't do windscreen replacements. They forgot to do the MOT too.

A couple of weeks later, their windscreen contractor managed to damage the new screen when it went in, and the new screen had even fewer working elements than the old one. A friend spotted that the screen was broken as there was a hazy 'horizon' across the screen that I'd not been able to polish off, which she told me was because the screen had been flexed and this was now a fault in the lamination. The fitter had also left the car full of shards of glass and bits of sealant from taking the old screen out. Clearly the vacuum was also broken that day.

Went back to dealer who told me the car was now out of warranty, despite it only being a few weeks since the screen-swap.

With much back-and-forth, during which time the service manager thought the best way to placate me was to poke fun at my name, before they finally agreed that the replacement part probably had a fault, and that it would be replaced again...

But the point of this is that yes, windscreens are covered for faults under the Approved Used warranty. Just check your dealer is able to fit them.
 Gordon

2016 D4 Landmark, Yulong White, SDV6, Ex-JLR Fleet
2013 D4 HSE (Gone! Sold within the forum) 

Post #193822419th Apr 2018 7:39 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >