Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Wheels & Tyres

Australia - FFRR 19" x 9" Wheels
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Desert Traveller

Australia 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3
Australia - FFRR 19" x 9" Wheels

Abi Wheels in Sydney have sets of 4 off FFRR 19 x 9 wheels for sale. Generally only delivery kms. The price is $695.00 delivered in Australia. No tyres fitted.
I have purchased 2 sets and fitted MTR's on 1 set and I have the others as spares in case I damage the 1st set.
The contact is Rany.
My contact is Rany Bishara [mailto:[email protected]]
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Range-Rover-HSE-08-...m153.l1262 For the style only.

DT
 06 TDV6 SE with many LR and after-market extras. Used only on weekends and trips out west.
Audi TT Roadster (Daily and around town drive)
VW Eos TDI For Sale
Previously 01 TD5 and 94 TDI 

Post #35206930th Sep 2008 11:54 am
mobyone

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 4.0 V6 Petrol SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Hi DT,

I think it must have been you who outbid my recent bid for $601 for this set. Wink

I received a 2nd chance offer Mr. Green and I got mine delivered for $681... Ripper price for what these things are truly worth... These guys must be bringing them in from the US by the container load... and with the credit crunch I suspect they're not paying too much for them either ....

Haven't seen a D3 with this style fitted yet, but looking forward to fitting mine over the next couple of weeks. Now on the hunt for some MTR's for the old rims.,..

Cheers Thumbs Up
 What's the point.... it all comes out in the wash anyway!

85 Range Rover
01 Disco Series II
05 D3 V6SE, Bonatti Grey, 19"alloys 

Post #3533802nd Oct 2008 2:45 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Desert Traveller

mobyone,
We need better planning required next time.
DT
 06 TDV6 SE with many LR and after-market extras. Used only on weekends and trips out west.
VW Eos TDI For Sale

Post #3538333rd Oct 2008 4:53 am
Desert Traveller

mobyone,
We need better planning next time.
DT
VW Eos TDI For Sale

Post #3538343rd Oct 2008 4:53 am
mobyone

true... Embarassed

I'll register my ebay details on the forum then.... Whistle

Thumbs Up

85 Range Rover
01 Disco Series II

Post #3545074th Oct 2008 1:00 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
mobyone

Hi DT,

I just had the first opportunity to inspect the wheels that were delivered to me earlier this week from ABI. All good except when I opened the last box and saw this Shocked Shocked

I can't understand why they would try and pull this off when it is so obvious and the marks just don't come off. Someone has tried to remove, but the solvent in the marker has etched into the lacquer and it doesn't look like shifting.

I rang Rany and he has confirmed that he will swap but why go through this effort if they knew the marks were there in the first place? I hope he is good on his word and I await the replacement.

Does anyone else know a way of removing this ? All i've tried so far is methylated spirits...

Thanks
Moby

PS anyone want to guess what the PDI refers to?

85 Range Rover
01 Disco Series II

Post #3545234th Oct 2008 5:42 am
Desert Traveller

Both my sets are OK, a little brake dust. I am happy with the wheels. I'll fit them next weekend when I go offroad with the club in a local forest. In the meanwhile I'll run the 18" AT2's on the highway. Eventually I plan to fit the 18"s to my trailer.
VW Eos TDI For Sale

Post #3545244th Oct 2008 5:49 am
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

AU $2,500.00 buy it now only. Confused Crying or Very sad
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #3545334th Oct 2008 7:55 am
Desert Traveller

The wheels (without tyres) are not listed on the website. The price for the 4 wheels only is as per orginal post.
VW Eos TDI For Sale

Post #3545754th Oct 2008 10:29 am
caverD3

Cool Very Happy Thumbs Up
Now how do I get it past SWMBO? Crying or Very sad Confused
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #3545944th Oct 2008 11:32 am
mobyone

In case you are still looking at purchasing these....

My replacement wheel arrived last week only this time there was a nice dent in the rim Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad . I called Rany and he was "all care no responsibility" but when I suggested that I was able to drop it off to his warehouse for a swap he immediately changed his tune. I just happenned to be driving to Sydney last weekend so I put the wheel in the boot and showed up to his warehouse on sat morning. His warehouse is now empty with a message saying that they are relocating, I left him 3 messages with no response so far. Strangely, his Ebay store is shut down so one can only suggest that it may be all over for this mob? (or depending on how honest/naive you are, they are relcoating?)

It could be just my rotten luck or just a nasy streak of shoddy business practice that has come to the surface. Whichever it is I suggest buyer beware with ABI-Wheels!

DT, I don't suppose you have Rany's mobile number?

Cheers
Moby

85 Range Rover
01 Disco Series II

Post #36307221st Oct 2008 9:48 pm
caverD3

You should report it to fleabay. Twisted Evil
Ernest Hemmingway

Post #36312922nd Oct 2008 12:54 am
mobyone

Because I bought the wheels on a 2nd chance offer, it was done outside of Ebay. I will wait to see if they start up again, but I'm not too fussed as the dent is only minor and will hopefully balance OK. It looks fairly minor and like something that I might get with the first outing anyway. I'll get the tyres fitted next week and see how I go,

Cheers

85 Range Rover
01 Disco Series II

Post #36314022nd Oct 2008 2:16 am
caverD3

At least it has been reported here. Thumbs Up
Ernest Hemmingway

Post #36314122nd Oct 2008 2:23 am
jonesy63

Location: Didn't we have a lovely time, the day we went to ...

Australia 2011 Discovery 4 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

mobyone wrote:
Because I bought the wheels on a 2nd chance offer, it was done outside of Ebay. I will wait to see if they start up again, but I'm not too fussed as the dent is only minor and will hopefully balance OK. It looks fairly minor and like something that I might get with the first outing anyway. I'll get the tyres fitted next week and see how I go,

Cheers

Hey Mobyone - if you want, I can act as a local "heavy" (or eyes) for you! ABI wheels are only about 10 minutes from my place. I got a set of four 18" wheels from them in late 2006 - actually, before I took delivery of my D3.

I am heading past their shop tomorrow to visit my brother... want me to call in and ask?

Cheers,
Rob

Post #36365123rd Oct 2008 8:28 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >