Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Wheels & Tyres

Balancing weights
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
The Belgian

Belgium 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3
Balancing weights

Hi all, this is my first post. Really like the site, besides the useful information it can be quite entertaining as well. Have been reading and browsing on here quite a lot since a few months.

Now my little rant.
Picked up my set of new winter tyres (Vredestein Wintrac) from the dealer yesterday. Today when I started fitting them, I found cracks in two of the balancing weights both on the left side of the car. A third wheel has a weight which is losely fitted. Called the dealer Evil or Very Mad and told him about the sloppy job, also sent him the photos.
He said it would hold and if one would brake off I would just get 'some' vibration in the steering. As we are about to drive to Switserland for a holiday next week, I told him I was not taking any chances.
Going to another shop tomorrow and getting some stick-on/glued weights on, cost 8 Euros per wheel. The original dealer offered to put it right but as he's about 200km away and considering the poor quality of the weights, I politely thanked him for the offer. Still, he told me he would refund me 16 Euros for the two wheels affected.

Now I need to find out to add the photos.

Well, that seems to have worked out well, thanks to Martin's 'Very quick guide to posting gallery pictures to the forum'.

Cheers,
Harry

Post #39004419th Dec 2008 1:22 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >