DISCO4.COM > Technical (D3)

Battery / HDC / Transmission / Suspension faults
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
mtpollock

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 3
Battery / HDC / Transmission / Suspension faults

Hi all,

I've had a long history of the HDC / transmission / suspension / limited gear faults.

Last year I replaced the battery and the problem went away, making me think it was a voltage problem that sends the car haywire.

Recently it has started occuring again, and the new fully charged battery would drain overnight. Dropping from 12V to 8V. It barely has enough juice to unlock the car after sitting overnight.

I've taken out an aftermarket parrot kit that stopped working soon after I bought the car 3 years ago, and removed all cigarette lighter powered phone chargers.

Thinking it's a duff battery, I chanced the old battery after leaving it to charge all night to find the next day it has retained a full 12V. Interestingly, the new battery charged fully retians 12V after sitting on the bench all night?

Anyway, plugging the iCarsoft fault code reader in starts the flow of fault messages without driving anywhere.

The problem codes are :-

U0416-86 - Ride Control Module - Invalid data recieved from vehicle dynamics control module
U0416-94 - All Terrain Control Module - Invalid data received from vehicle dynamics control module
CIA00-88 - Vehicle Dynamics Control Module - State : Permanent Control Module
U0128-87 Vehicle Dynamics Control Module - Permanent Lost communication with parking brake control module
B1B78-84 - Permanent System Pressure.

I can clear all faults except the All Terrain Control Module U0416-94 and the air con system pressure (it is empty)

I've had a look at the transfer box, and there does appear to be a leak from it, but the system works fine from low to high range with no unusual sounds / faults until the diagnostic is plugged in, or driving when it lights up.

Can anyone offer any suggestions as to what the problem is as I'm at a loss!

Many thanks!

Post #230860124th Sep 2022 2:22 pm
Pete K

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3

I think you need to measure the current draw on the battery cable using a current clamp.

Should be well under 0.1A when everything has been off for 10 mins

if higher check the alternator /starter cable and then the physically large fuses.

Plenty of threads on here

Post #230860524th Sep 2022 3:06 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >