Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Technical (D3)

Battery woes
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Daf

Battery woes

I'm after a battery for the Disco because on very cold mornings < 4 Degrees it switches off the special programs when starting from cold. A subsequent re-start clears the problem. My local garage said they'd get one for me - in fact they've tried three times to do this! Each time the battery is either the wrong shape, or the connections are in the worng place. Am I going to have to bite the bullet and get it from a Main Dealer or can I buy one on-line or in a motorfactors? If so, what do I ask for EXACTLY? Using the car registration doesn't work and it's been a bit of a hassle considering that there are only two engine options for this car!

Ta in advance.

Post #38677411th Dec 2008 6:23 pm
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

The D3 battery is abit special. Rolling Eyes You should get an original from your dealer. Ask the large one (possibly not far from you).
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #38706511th Dec 2008 11:58 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

The battery may not be the problem, if the majority of journeys are 7 miles or less, then you are not putting back the charge taken out of the battery each time you start the engine, The warning lights are an indication of low voltage during cranking, not necassarily a faulty battery. The D3's charging system is optimised for a lead-calcium battery (relatively small size for a relatively high capacity) replacing it with another type can lead to bigger problems

Post #38706712th Dec 2008 12:05 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
simonsi

New Zealand 

The only other quotes I have had for an alledged equivalent were the same price as the Dealer so I just replaced with a LR one. To be honest LR ones have lasted me 4 yrs before so last OK and the D3 is electrically hungry and sensitive so LR batts are the safest bet...
 Cheers

Simon 

Post #38726412th Dec 2008 2:42 pm
SHARKYSHARKS

England 

got quoted £120 plus vat for replacement through main dealer,no way!!!! got one off local battery stockist £62 plus vat :d model of battery endurance silver es10 cga720 which is a 95ah, no probs wotso ever at nearly half the cost Mr. Green

Post #39079820th Dec 2008 8:21 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >