Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > In Car Electronics (D3)

[BBS] 4X4 INFO Screen Activation; How To Video.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

No Sad , but there are so many combinations of things that can be activated . Im just trying various ones to see if it can switch over ..fingers crossed Thumbs Up
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #4483342nd Apr 2009 7:09 am
Alan G

Scotland 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Watching this with great interest too, now to wait til it's released and see if it will activate on my 2008 XS.
 ATB

Alan

http://www.youtube.com/user/Bonzo676767#p/u 

Post #4484882nd Apr 2009 12:59 pm
Dan 338

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Can't wait for this one to come out, see what it can do for my 2007 SE. Brilliant work lads keep it up. Quite refreshing to see the dealers don't have the monopoly on everything.

Regards

Dan

Post #4486102nd Apr 2009 5:37 pm
DaveVX

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Mr. Green Whistle

Post #4488923rd Apr 2009 9:38 am
Jonty

Kenya 2007 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Bow down

Post #4489863rd Apr 2009 1:18 pm
stapldm

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

wiggs wrote:
...fingers crossed Thumbs Up
I have a nasty feeling that unless there's software in the loading.kwi file from the sat nav dvd that can actually take action on the CCF data and the reverse gear event that nothing at all will continue to happen Big Cry I look forwards to being proven wrong... Dr. Ian Malcolm:
"Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should."
Transgenic tomato anyone? 

Post #4490343rd Apr 2009 2:59 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

I think we all agree that having the ability to modify any and all settings in the Vehicles CCF is a very powerful thing, its certainly a great leap forwards for all D3 owners and enthusiasts. However there is still an awful lot to learn about what can now be achieved because of it.
Within a matter of just a few days, Wiggs has certainly shown us all some of the great potential and i think he would have to agree that he has only really just scratched the surface, given the hundreds of settings and possibilities now at his disposal. This is especially so when looking at what might now be achievable in combination with a few fairly simple hardware mods. I imagine he wishes he were on holiday at present so he could spend more time "playing". Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
And i guess that now everyone can see how easy it is to save settings and load them back into the car on our system, many more would love to also have a "Play" too.

Fortunately, behind the scenes, Wiggs has also been performing a most vital and much appreciated role in helping us to find, fix and test a few software bugs, and with no small thanks to him, we feel we are very nearly ready to release the software generally to all our system owners.

For sure over the coming weeks and months, we will almost certainly all learn a whole lot more and have far more capability at our disposal than was once thought possible. And i hope many more will join in, and contribute collectively in discovering just how many new possibilities there are.

For us, we just do the techhie bit and write the software, and yea sure its an important part, but we do not think we are extra special, its just what we do to keep ourselves busy, pay the rent and buy beer Thumbs Up, it is for sure the communal spirit of this boards members and enthusiast such as Wiggs, that will figure out how to make the most of our efforts and guide us into working on what is needed / wanted, and i am sorry if it sounds a bit sentimental, but it is for sure that we owe a big thanks to Martin and the hard work of all the moderators here for having the opportunity to consider this board as somewhere we can think of as Home for all things Disco 3. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

I guess, just like many members, i just cant wait to see what the future holds, but for sure its going to be very damned interesting and i thank you all for expressing your appreciation. I have never made any secret of the fact that we are very much compliment driven and as such we will never tire of reading your comments of appreciation.

warmest regards to all.

Last edited by BBS SPY on 3rd Apr 2009 7:14 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #4491483rd Apr 2009 7:05 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
horton_graham

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Manual Izmir BlueDiscovery 3

is it possible to get this done commercially, or do you have to buy the equipment & DIY ?

Post #4491533rd Apr 2009 7:14 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Well although we have done our level best to reduce the cost of personal ownership of our system the the very lowest price we can, and even now we have a 20% off for disco3.co.uk forum members, bringing the price to just 616 GBP. And of course the fact that it is an investment that can later be sold on, and that having ones own system ensures that a Dealer can't undo all the new benefits that will have been added. We recognize that many will just want to have the changes made to their vehicles for them. And as such we are looking into this. One problem is that we have for some time specialized only in supplying private enthusiasts with Single (By VIN) equipment.
We do however have a number of Indi's around, but most are still not aware of the imminent release of this new software upgrade and its capability / demand. When released however we will contact them and make them aware of the demand for the service and hopefully compile a list of places to visit in the world where such modifications to the CCF can be done. We are also looking at setting up a couple of Demo days with various people, north and south in the UK at which you would also have the service availiable.

Of course as stated at present, we (by which i mean Wiggs) are still figuring out all the juicy bits. Very Happy

Post #4491613rd Apr 2009 7:34 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
90BHP

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Been watching this with interest - as I am sure have LR.

If I were them, then surely I would simply make a few changes to file names, locations etc etc with every software release, Therefore the ongoing development from "hackers" would simply not be justified.

Guess I'm taking the PC line here. If I wanted premium satnav I ordered it, just as I did with the towbar and xenons etc etc

Would be very interested in seeing the post on the first rejected warranty claim when something goes (terminally) wrong.
 "To finish first, one first has to finish ...."  
Post #4491673rd Apr 2009 7:47 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

90bhp
Thanks for dropping by with your considered input.

I certainly do hope that LR, like you, are reading this with interest, and paying such close attention, for damned sure, i think just about everyone here recognizes that we certainly could teach them a thing or two about making decent diagnostic equipment with full on capability and some great usability features for a reasonable price, instead of the piece of over priced official kit they use to tie their dealers arms behind their back with.
But then they have had 10 whole years to see us repeatedly kick their sorry behinds in the diagnostic equipment department and i am truly sorry to say this, but its a fact that quite a few seem to use us as a wake up call.

In fact, here you go, here is a link to a video showing the first etch a sketch style diagnostic system i personally designed and released in 1999.
http://www.blackbox-solutions.com/download.../RCOM1.wmv
It might seem strangely familiar to some. However, we have of course moved on most innovatively since that very early and then quite revolutionary design. However the point is that just like back in 1999, LR equipment was as many light years behind us as it is today.

Please do feel free to call me egotistical, a hacker, geek, underminer of HSE values, all you wish, but any one is really a compliment and something i am most proud of.

Warranty, pah, just another tool of convenience LR use to try and make owners dance to their tune. The bottom line is, i paid good money for a piece of technology, i alone own, and i intend to exploit to the fullest possible level i am able, as well as help others to do the same, and more power to my elbow i'd say. I just found another way to get Premium sat nav, Xenons, leather and a tow bar on my D3, beyond drinking from LR's cup of plenty, and if you have some unknown reason to say that is bad, well that is your opinion and you are as everyone, certainly most welcome to it.

For sure, nothing will detract me and my staff from continuing to do what we have always done, or from struggling to push the boundaries of what is possible one iota, and we will certainly continue to try and enlighten the members of this board as to whatever new possibilities we introduce.

I certainly do hope that LR and anyone else for that matter certainly does raise their game, we could really do with the challenge Very Happy

Last edited by BBS SPY on 4th Apr 2009 3:18 pm. Edited 2 times in total 
Post #4492063rd Apr 2009 9:13 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

BBS SPY wrote:

Warranty, pah, just another tool of convenience LR use to try and make owners dance to their tune.

I use it to have issues and faults fixed FOC that were due to parts / systems failure. A way for the manufacturer to protect the customer if things don't work as designed too from the factory.

A company standing by its product for 3 years, unlimited mileage Europe wide recovery and a free loan vehicle etc etc...

Didn't realise it was a plot to control me Rolling Eyes

Post #4492163rd Apr 2009 9:36 pm
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

BBS SPY, I am troubled by the conjecture of your post.

First, I think that there needs to be some recognition as to the differences in scale and type of the Land Rover business and the business that BBS is. I doubt very much that Land Rover would feel especially challenged by what you are doing and offering; it was Land Rover, after all, that designed the ECUs and software that you are now providing a modification service for.

Nothing should detract from the enterprise of what you are working on, or offering. However, Land Rover's own systems can do everything that yours can, it is just that they choose (for very good reasons) to restrict the functionality at the user end. This may appear to be somewhat "restrictive", but is essentially a sound business judgement.

Do not, also, belittle the warranty angle. Much of what you say you can offer would have little effect on warranty, that is true, but anyone modifying their vehicle should be fully aware of the implications of so doing as far as possible warranty claims may be concerned.

Finally, in the interest of furthering your business interests, to describe yourself as egotistical (the nature of your post appears to support this) seems to be a somewhat risky approach if the purpose of the same is to promote your product.

Post #4492243rd Apr 2009 9:47 pm
90BHP

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

BBS SPY wrote:
90bhp
Thanks for dropping by with your considered input.

Any time Thumbs Up

As for the warranty and your flippant "pah" I take it you are not offering to indemnify your customers for the full value of the car should LR reject a claim.

Wonder how English Insurance companies will view the new spec - could be interesting on the front too.
 "To finish first, one first has to finish ...."  
Post #4492283rd Apr 2009 9:54 pm
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

90BHP wrote:
Wonder how English Insurance companies will view the new spec - could be interesting on the front too.

This has been extensively debated recently. Check the Insurance Forum.

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic32976.html

Post #4492303rd Apr 2009 9:57 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >