SJR

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3

Captain Sugar

Do you mean the ladies in your gallery Whistle

In which case it should be washed anyway

Post #4164466th Feb 2009 3:56 pm
Discofever

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Hmm, this is a known prob, both my D3 and my brother in laws suffered the same problem.....Went back to the dealer and created a bloody stink, for some good while - on the grounds of 'not fit for purpose'.

Low and behold, new alloys handed over, fitted - with an apology. Quite right!

Wether you want shiny or muddy, 30k plus on the D3, they shouldn't pit quite so readily - and this was the angle I took with the dealer - I know they get their D3's, RRS, as company cars, but I bet if he had , had to put his hand in his pocket like the rest of us he would agree - new alloys please. Exclamation

Post #4165216th Feb 2009 5:47 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
CG

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Agree sonax extreme is the best.

We did a large group test at work on painted brake calipers, none of the other uk** available stuff gets close.

The Style 1 wheels are prone to pitting and yellowing, I believe these are powder coated, and do not polish up as well as the 19" which are either a quality better powder coat or painted.

**Although interestingly in Australia you can buy what the label says is the same as in the UK but like the Sonax is actually Alkaline based rather than Acid, even the UK manufacture or agents could not tell me why, Turtle wax products particularly have a different base chemical on each continent but call the product by the same name

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant" 

Post #4167916th Feb 2009 11:56 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
kevofcov

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Graphite LE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 4

Is my argument with my dealer or with LR?

kev

Post #4184989th Feb 2009 5:00 pm
SJR

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3

Both

The contract of original sale was presumably with your dealer - unless you bought through a broker! so the laws of sales apply to the dealer.

The warranty of parts is with Land Rover, and if it can be proved that the items are not fit for purpose, or have suitable longevity in operation, that would presumably be a warranty matter.

You will need to push both angles I am guessing to even hope getting a favourable outcome Thumbs Up
 I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 - 

Post #4185089th Feb 2009 5:07 pm
Mossy

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

I had all five wheels changed under warranty, no quibble, for the same thing. Must have been a quiet day or they've just got tired of arguing with me Whistle

Mine were pitted and stained and carrying a fair few scratches too, and as close as you can get to three years old.
 D3 HSE V8...  
Post #4185189th Feb 2009 5:16 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >