Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Camping, Caravanning and Holidays

Blown air systems
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
oldskoolskater

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Ahh, so you're getting a different dealer special but effectively the same 'van 8)

My whale blown air is on a 2015 Elddis Xplore and it's not that effective. It worked great on the 1 and only time we've had it on hook up but when rallying it just doesn't make the grade.
Given that the same (or perhaps newer) version will be on our on-order vans, which in my case will be a bigger internal volume (going from 4 to 6 berth), I don't see how it will be any better TBH?

I see your dealer special has a few extras that mine (Kimberly Kensington 840) doesn't Big Cry

Post #188403327th Nov 2017 1:00 pm
al cope

England 

OK, yes- we went for this one as it seemed to have just about every option spec'd in as part of their dealer special build.

Delivery due late feb right now - looking forward to it.

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #188404327th Nov 2017 1:35 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Bazalab

2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

oldskoolskater - Years ago I had a Bailey Wyoming with Blown Air heating that was okay to start with and then poor.

On checking I found that some of the air trunking ducts around the interior of van had come apart due to poor fixings, hence van was cold. Okay again after an easy re-fix carried out by me.

I have no doubt that improvements may have been made since but worth checking all around your present van just in case same may have happened. Also check under all bunks when you pick up the new one on hand over, before you leave the dealership.

I have had the Alde system on three previous vans now and that is fitted to the new Buccaneer Cruiser I have on order for Feb 2018 delivery. Have to say that is my preferred system; really good and very efficient. Gets too hot sometimes and we use ours in Winter as well.

Wish you great times in your new van!

Post #188414727th Nov 2017 6:17 pm
riverblanche

England 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Hi,
We have been away this weekend and the blown air was ok, but does take a while to get the van warmed up Rolling Eyes
Mainly as said you lose a lot of the heat via the ducting before it even gets to the living space outlets, we left it on all day and night 2kw in the day and 1kw at night.

Considering insulating the ducting
Or
Sleeping inside the lockers Laughing

SWMBO says we are going back to Barcelona it was 26 degrees just a few weeks ago
 Transit! 2019
Gone D3 HSE 2008
Another Porsche Cayenne 2022
Gone Porsche Cayenne 2020
Gone RRS HSE Dynamic 2016
Gone RRS HSE LUX 2011
Gone RRS HSE 2006
Gone D3 SE 2.7 2008
gone D2 Td5 1999

I plan on living forever and so far so good !

Club DG Mclaren stuff

Post #188418927th Nov 2017 7:41 pm
oldskoolskater

It was 18 deg when I was there last week - missing it already Big Cry

Post #188419627th Nov 2017 7:48 pm
mattpenrose

England 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Those with the new Elddis (or equivalent) on order you are welcome to come and see ours. We went from a similar size Compass (2005) and the heating was fairly rubbish. It has a Truma fire unit which could be converted to the ducted heating but it just didn’t work very effectively. I’ve not had experience with the Alde systems but heard they’re good. The current Truma blown air works very well for us. Heats up quickly and seems to retain the heat.

Post #18853481st Dec 2017 7:21 am
oldskoolskater

I've been in touch with Elddis and they won't deviate from the standard accessory list, so would be a retailer fit. During this conversation I discovered that when the retailer fits solar panels for me this will invalidate the 10 year water ingress warranty - I thought the whole point of going through the retailer would be to maintain such a warranty?

Think We'll have to wait for the van to arrive then go out fairly sharpish after that to see what a Feb/March weekend away can throw at it, then decide from there. It may be that systems have improved so should at least give it a chance I suppose.

Thanks for the kind offer BTW!

Post #18854141st Dec 2017 11:49 am
Washwipe

England 

It can only invalidate the warranty if the fitting causes any future problems surely, if the roof starts leaking because of the solar panel fitting then yes, but not if you get damp in a side locker door.

Post #18854801st Dec 2017 2:38 pm
oldskoolskater

Yep you’re right, here’s the official reply from them:

“Please note any additional fitments that are not standard to the van would invalidate the warranty in the area they are fitted to alone. However, the retailer who fits any additional items for you will guarantee the area for a certain period of time”

Post #18854851st Dec 2017 2:47 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >