Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
gstuart

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
bluetooth booster / battery monitor

hi

bought this battery monitor and works on my ipad via bluetooth

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bluetooth-BM2-B...100623.m-1

have the base model D3 so no built in bluetooth , was wondering if i convert one of the cig lighter to a permanent live is there such a thing as a bluetooth booster that i could then plug in to boost the bluetooth signal between the battery monitor and ipad plse

does say 10 x metres range , but in reality is around 15 x feet and would just be nice if there was some kind of booster device that i could plug inside the D3 plse

alas , won’t have any data yet and just got to secure the unit properly

many thks as always in advance

ps, just thought i wonder if there’s something i could plug into the OBD2 port to boost a bluetooth signal , or maybe if there’s such a thing as a bluetooth repeater for the ipad side ????

Post #193966025th Apr 2018 6:54 pm
drivesafe

Australia 

Hi stuart, the range seems to depend on the specific vehicle and the unit's position as to what range you get.

I have one on my Tiguan, and my Range Rover and another on my daughter's Subaru.

Both the Tiguan and Subaru are only good for about 5m from the front but up to 10 to 12m from the side????

Both have the unit positioned on top of the battery.

The unit in my Range Rover is laying in the bottom of the battery compartment, yet I get up to 25m range.

Just a suggestion, try placing your unit in different positions and see if it improves the range.
 2008 TDV8 RR Lux + 2009 D4 2.7  
Post #196350915th Jul 2018 12:35 am
gstuart

Hi and many thks

Indeed have been messing around with it and getting around 5 x metres

Have to park it on my drive forwards for it to work from indoors

Was toying with the idea of fitting it in the boot , as I recently added a 12s socket and installed an inline small fuse box so could easily fit it there as that will indeed be a permanent live

Just got to get round to it Whistle

Thks again Thumbs Up

Post #196352215th Jul 2018 2:10 am
tayaste

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

I have one in my boot ( in the Jack compartment) and one under the bonnet ( on top of the battery )

The one under the bonnet is quite difficult to read unless my phone / ipad is lying on the bonnet, but, the one in my boot can be connected to from a couple of feet away. I've no idea why though.

Post #196352615th Jul 2018 5:16 am
gstuart

Many Thks Thumbs Up

wonder if the ones in the boot works better because it doesn’t have so much electronics around it nor so much metal ??

Reminds me I must get back on tracing a residual battery drain, main battery will last a max of 2 x weeks before it gets too low to start the engine

Alternator is all fine

Wish I was an electronics engineer as it would be ideal to plug a lead into the 12s socket, running the lead indoors and having a voltage logger , which produces a history to see what the voltage is doing over time, inc if ecus are turning off correctly , inc when the suspension does a self level check every 6 x hours

Already installed a trailer socket outside on the front of my house, drilled through the wall and have my Ctek plugged in the hallway , makes life easier so when I park on my drive , I just plug the lead in and monitor charger from indoors

Thumbs Up

Post #196352715th Jul 2018 5:31 am
drivesafe

Australia 

Hi stuart and the BM2 you have logs up to 30+ days of data and you can down load the data and keep it permanently on your phone or iPad

Click image to enlarge

Hi tayaste, having two of the BM2 units, if you have a iPhone or iPad, do you know there is an APP that allows you to monitor up to 4 BM2 units simultaneously.

The APP is called the “Multi Battery” APP and is brilliant for not only monitoring your own batteries, but the data can be e-mailed to your desktop or to someone else, for analysing.

The APP is not yet available for androids but the manufacturer will have the Android version soon.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 2008 TDV8 RR Lux + 2009 D4 2.7  
Post #196353715th Jul 2018 7:39 am
gstuart

Hi

Bow down Thumbs Up

That will teach me not to read the instructions properly Whistle

So thinking then, I’ll move the unit to the boot then reverse onto the driveway and leave my iPad in the hallway so it can get a good signal to produce the history

At least then I can monitor it for now before i then start with a multimeter on the larger fuses and relays

Last residual drain was 0.40 Ma VDc , only got up to testing the small fuses , will pull all the covers off the larger fuses and go through them

Am also wondering as mines the base model if unnecessary fuses have been fitted ??

Thks again Bow down

Post #196354415th Jul 2018 8:08 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >