DISCO4.COM > In Car Electronics (D4)

bluetooth phone connection on car with fitted phone kit
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
al cope

England 
bluetooth phone connection on car with fitted phone kit

Guys

I have a loan D4HSE, which it looks like I'll have for quite a while, and I want to pair my mobile to the incar bluetooth. (this works fine on my D3, input code, away I went), but on the D4 it keeps saying no phone found. I have bluetooth ON on my phone, and the owners manual gives the "setup" in the same way that worked OK on the D3. The only difference is the D4 has the phone kit fitted (the connections under the cubbybox lid). Is having this fitted whats stopping me pairing via bluetooth?

Any help appreciated

Cheers
Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #7820083rd Apr 2011 5:42 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
WelshDisco

Wales 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4

The kit under the chubby box makes no difference at all to the bluetooth connection, do you know the code you are pairing to? The D4 code is different to the D3 code! If you press the phone button on the D4 you will get a message telling you that you can connect a bluetooth phone - search for the device off you phone and when found enter the code, on mine I'm sure it was 2121 but check your manual. My iPhone transferred all the phone book and missed and recent calls, it works a treat.
 2010/60 Discovery 4 XS Zermatt Silver - Privacy Glass, Timed Climate (with remote), Voice, 4x4 screen, Bong on lock/un-lock (Pete BellAutos)
Discovery TDV6 SE (06) Gone!
Military 90 (1986) gone but not fogotten!
TV Option (Thanks to Wiggs)
Parrot CK3100 

Post #7820563rd Apr 2011 7:16 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ukdave104

Scotland 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Remove the pairing from your phone to the D3, set the phone to search and when found, pair it to the D4. The code is the same for both D3 & D4, 2121 or 1212, can't remember which now but you have to remove the old paring to the D3 first otherwise it won't work.

2014.5 Discovery 4 HSE in Corris Grey Metallic - arriving this week.
2011 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 TDV8, now departing
2012 Freelander HSE SD4 Auto - Mrs UkDave104's Toy.
2010 Discovery 4 XS - gone
2008 Discovery 3 HSE - gone
2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4 - gone

Post #7820583rd Apr 2011 7:19 pm
al cope

England 

OK - so I cant pair to both D3 and D4?

The code is the same for both. (I've checked in the manual). When I press the phone button on the D4, its says "no phone fitted"

I'll try clearing and re-finding tommorow.

Cheers
Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker

Post #7820913rd Apr 2011 8:23 pm
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

There is no phone kit under the consul in a D4 ,.....it must be the ipod lead .(unless there is some sort of aftermarket kit )

You need to search on your phone ..then pair from there (2121)
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #7821774th Apr 2011 12:16 am
al cope

England 

Ahhh - OK. Under the lid there is a large connector and a USB port. I just thought the large connector was phone, but could well be iPod Thumbs Up

Just done what you'd all said - now works. Didnt think I would need to clear D3 settings as code was the same.

thanks
Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark

Post #7822004th Apr 2011 8:42 am
Navigator

Location: Stay at Home. One of the lives you save could be your own.

Scotland 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

There is a lot more to it than the code that you see. Each device has an identity number that the user is not expected to be aware of. It is like you having a "telephone number" that you give to people to call you, but the network in effect uses the number on the SIM to identify the handset.
 A vaccine does not stop you catching a virus, or passing it on, or getting ill from it, really ill. It does reduce the likelyhood of you dying when really, really ill. Stay Alive - KEEP AWAY FROM PEOPLE.  
Post #7822564th Apr 2011 12:17 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >