Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > In Car Electronics (D3)

bluetooth phone on a hse
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
AndyViking

England 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Same problem here with a Sony Ericsson. hand set supposedly 100% compatable with the LR D3 and latest phone firmware fitted.

LR also replaced my Bluetooth module after I complained of faults, but this did not provide a 100% cure - I still get drop outs.

The problem seems to occur in two situations - I would be interested if these match with yours:

1) The hand set loses signal (i.e. no bars), the phone reverts to handset only and "no phone fitted" comes up on the D3 console. Switching Bluetooth on the phone on and off makes no difference - I need to stop the car, switch off, uncouple the Bluetooth and leave a minute or two. I can then start back up, switch back on Bluetooth and all works well. I am no tech guy, but I suspect something in the signal loss on the handset confuses the LR Bluetooth link?

2) If some Censored goes by in a car with an amplified handset (aerials all over the shop) then his Bluetooth connection seems to "blast" mine, making the LR connection fail. It normally then picks up my phone in a few minutes without all the start stop palaver.

Cheers

Andy
 D3 - 2008.5MY HSE, Stornaway Grey, RSE etc - all the toys
Grabber AT3s, Smoked Sweeping Side Repeaters
D4 Steering Wheel with BBS boards
IID BT Tool - happy to help with fault codes 

Post #37386414th Nov 2008 7:13 pm
chris1967

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Thanks for all your help
I cleared my phone landrover bluetooth connection and started again first search failed on my sony phone the second attempt it worked.

It's still within warranty so i'm going into my local land rover monday and let them check it for me any let you know what they say.

Post #37419215th Nov 2008 7:48 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

741hcr wrote:
Visited Stratstone and they said "More often than not it's the phone". Did someone else mention that on here? Whistle Laughing Thanks DG.

Laughing Glad it's sorted Thumbs Up
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #37419415th Nov 2008 7:53 pm
741hcr

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 4

simonsi wrote:
Isn't LR BT fantastic Shocked

A Parrot BT system I have in another car states that it "works with everything" and it does without 99% of the time. It is a pity LR can't buy/incorporate the same system in their vehicles as it would probably save the dealers loads of time sorting BT problems (my dealer says BT causes a not inconsiderable no. problems). The Parrot system only cost £99 from Halfords including fitting and voice recognition is very reliable.

Post #37424715th Nov 2008 11:16 pm
chris1967

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

quick update
went into land rover who told me my ericsson 770i isn't compatable with the hands free even though it connects.We found out if i answer a call useing the green call except button everything is fine but when the call ends let the person your talking to hang up first because if i use the red end call button it disconnects the phone link to the disco.
I'm sure i can live with this as all the menu works fine.

thanks for all your help
chris

Post #37491317th Nov 2008 4:59 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >