Post Reply  Down to end
Page 6 of 6 <123456
truckerdan155

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Manual Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

That’s a shame to hear thanks for letting me know

Post #193692216th Apr 2018 1:07 pm
KAIBO

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

just had a similar problem need have a new vac pump fitted and servo fitted as was having the brake pedal going hard. Just out the garage on saturday and had problems. Not happy and now got a dead car sitting on drive. Evil or Very Mad

Post #193699916th Apr 2018 5:10 pm
truckerdan155

Three calls to the main dealer today, said person was occupied everytime I rang, was promised I’d be called back before the end of the day but didn’t receive one Rolling Eyes, I also spoke to another person at a different branch today (same owner) to be told that completed on their systems could mean that this recall has expired, I must admit terrible service so far, Is there any governing body who could help with this matter, I’ve been told Vosa but there site seems to be down.

Post #193701416th Apr 2018 5:52 pm
DN
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

I reported my findings to VOSA (now DVSA) when LR refused to recognise that my D3 was in the VIN range for having this problem. That changed pretty quickly, to include ALL early TDV6 D3's, but by that time I had already done the recall myself, in case I killed my family, or me, or anyone else, by driving a vehicle with defective brakes. Twisted Evil ....... Well done JLR, thanks very much for your help! Whistle ........Fortunately the problem hasn't re occurred on mine, to date. Thumbs Up
 D3 owned from new, P017 brake recall, BAS FBHIC, new FBH, LR013487 oil pump, new water pump. RRS front lower suspension arms. New suspension compressor/ relay. New Denso alternator. CuNifer rear brake pipes. New GKN rear propshaft. New HPFP belt & tensioner. New A/C Condenser.NO WARRANTY for many many years.  
Post #193702416th Apr 2018 6:33 pm
Gazzacov

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Alveston RedDiscovery 3

My D3 Has the same, obvious issue. Just been to my local LR Dealer, they say recall was claimed against in 2009, so any faults now would be at my own cost. Not happy, as it seems there is a bit of a lottery as to getting the recall work re-called or shelling out big money. I have the customer care number and will be calling them tomorrow. I'm a competent mechanic, so worst case i might buy the parts and fit myself. Has anyone any advice on how to proceed, either with LR, or replacing bits myself? Haven't yet researched what is involved in the repair, but my dealer says to expect a bill for at least £600 to at most £1750!

Post #19516067th Jun 2018 6:08 pm
truckerdan155

I got absolutely no where with Land Rover on this I’m afraid, Censored customer service per usual, wasn’t interested one bit, all I got was we’ve already done the recall, all though it obviously isn’t any good as the problem still remains

Post #19516597th Jun 2018 7:59 pm
Gazzacov

Ok. So further to my previous post, I have replaced the brake servo, vaccum pipes, (with updated, genuine parts), and the master cylinder (genuine again) Have bled all 4 brakes twice. Now, brake pedal is solid, and I appear to have next to no braking, like the servo isnt working. Good suction from vaccum pipes,no leaks, but a short test drive leaves what feels like sticking brakes (slightly) Can anybody shed any light on this? Brakes were all good before, except the occasional loss of servo due to oil ingress. When the old servo was removed it was full of oil.

Post #195817328th Jun 2018 9:08 pm
Gazzacov

Is anyone able to help with the above? I have an MOT due so trying to sort asap please

Post #195831429th Jun 2018 9:55 am
gstuart

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Hi

I think if u allow air to get into the abs unit u need a diagnostic machine to open the abs unit in order to remove all the air

Some of the other more experienced members should be along to confirm that’s 100% accurate

Post #19593222nd Jul 2018 7:41 pm
gstuart

Page 33

https://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/albums/us...ssPics.pdf

Hope it helps Thumbs Up

Post #19593262nd Jul 2018 7:48 pm
Gazzacov

Thanks for the reply Gstuart. I have the problem solved now, turned out it was a faulty servo! Last thing I expected, and after buying a new and unnecessary master cylinder, a bit peeved. thought I would start from the beginning, so took everything out, and heard something rattling inside the servo. It was part of the non-return valve, returned the servo, and when compared to another new one, we noticed that the star shaped retaining clip that holds the servo pushrod and valve assembly in had not been fitted during manufacture, hence the bits rattling around inside. Dealer said he had never ever seen that before, and I had certainly not heard of it. just goes to show, even with genuine parts there can be problems. Fitted new servo, and the new master cylinder also, because i might as well. all is good now after bleeding the brakes. Feels much better, progressive and far more powerful. (Previous servo was half full of oil, so only had half the vacuum at best)

Post #19594072nd Jul 2018 11:13 pm
gstuart

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #19594152nd Jul 2018 11:44 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 6 of 6 <123456
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >