Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Webasto Fuel Burning Heater

How to build yourself a FBH controller
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 16 of 23 <123 ... 151617 ... 212223>
gucio1983

Poland 

I connect it directly to car battery. According datasheet input voltage should be between 7-30v.

Post #143286925th Feb 2015 10:49 am
luciogodoy

Brazil 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Hi

It makes sense.

What's the program you are using to program the microcontroler with your pickit3?

Thank you
 I'm riding a R1250GSA Triple Back
Previous love: Disco 3 HSE MY07, D4 heated Steering/W, D4 rear cluster, D4 extended roof rack, D4 grille & air grille, D4 rear bumper, colour coded arches + front bumper, side-steps, Webasto timer/ remote control, De-Tangoed Xenon headlights + HID, LEDs all around, reverse CAM (RR hack) + brightness, DLR LEDs, 3-click indicator, SatNav on the move, EGR's done, front/rear antiroll bar Polybush, gearbox pan/filter + oil mega-flush. 

Post #143287725th Feb 2015 11:04 am
gucio1983

Poland 

I have used this application http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/Devi...0v3.10.zip

In the evening/night I am going to post picture with configurations bit set up. please choose "midrange 1.8v" in device family and in menu Tools-Display Unimplemented Configs Bits, select As read or imported.

Post #143288925th Feb 2015 11:23 am
luciogodoy

Ok, thanks

I have downloaded the MPLAB® X IDE software for MAC, do you think that will also work ok?

http://www.microchip.com/mplabx-ide-osx-installer

Thanks
Previous love: Disco 3 HSE MY07, D4 heated Steering/W, D4 rear cluster, D4 extended roof rack, D4 grille & air grille, D4 rear bumper, colour coded arches + front bumper, side-steps, Webasto timer/ remote control, De-Tangoed Xenon headlights + HID, LEDs all around, reverse CAM (RR hack) + brightness, DLR LEDs, 3-click indicator, SatNav on the move, EGR's done, front/rear antiroll bar Polybush, gearbox pan/filter + oil mega-flush. 

Post #143295925th Feb 2015 2:10 pm
gucio1983

Poland 

You can use:

-Mplab ide
-Mplab x
- Pickit 3 software

The Mplab is very powerful tool. You can compiling, programming, debugging and a lot of other thinks. Pickit software is a basic tool. I load hex file, set configurations bits and program.

I don't know if you can program hex file by Mplab directly. I think you should first create a project, than add source and header files, compiling and program chip.

Post #143296025th Feb 2015 2:18 pm
tobouk

England 

Sounds like your both very close Thumbs Up
its not uncommon to be able to fire it up using webasto software only to fault when under car or controller control, it usually needs quite a few 1/2 hour runs to burn off all the gunk. As long as your getting some unburn/smokey stuff when starting your getting there. If you read some of the other threads folks are having success by adding additional air and even squirting some easy start up the inlet Laughing . when it starts let it run and run. Once you get it burning with little smoke they are very reliable.

K line is finicky about having a good 12v signal. Normal vehicle supply is ok for controller.
If your sure fuels good and pumps ticking keep trying.
Also as your just clipped onto a battery check and make sure its not dropping batt volts when it powers glowplug up or else you will struggle.
Don't forget after some start failures to reset heater by dropping power, otherwise you have a gunky mess and when it does start you'll blot your neighbours out with the smoke.

Good Luck
 Best ever LR110
Discovery II
RR Sport
IIDTool BT 

Post #143309625th Feb 2015 6:43 pm
gucio1983

Poland 

@tobouk, my webasto is thermo top v 2009r. It fires ok, little smoke. I power it from old baterry and have got some voltage drops when it work with pc. It could be the problem. The webasto turn off when the combusion fan start turnig faster, few second after the fire has formed (i recognize it by little smoke and jet noise). I am going to fix the power problems and try again.

How can i cheack if those erorrs did occur??

// check timeout
   if (bytes_count==0)
   {
      // Timeout
      return ERROR_TMO_CHK_ADR;
   }
   // check checksum
   if (checksum(buffer, bytes_count, 0) != 0)
   {
      // Checksum error
   }
   // check address
   if (buffer[0] != ((WBUS_HOST_ADDR<<4)|WBUS_CLIENT_ADDR))
   {
      // Incorrect address
   }
   // check validity
   if (buffer[2] != (cmd|0x80))
   {
      // Request was rejected...
      message_length = 0;
      return ERROR_NACK;
   }

Post #143329925th Feb 2015 10:52 pm
tobouk

England 

Not sure I understand what you mean, if you have compiled .c file with no errors you you prog pic with resulting .hex file. I'm sure that's already in zip file so its not necessary to do unless you altered software, as long as .hex file programs pic its working . You could look at your quoted lines of software in debug mode but it is not possible at live speeds so would be meaningless. Only error/faults you need to bother about are webasto test software ones. Hope this makes sense to you.

James goodies here early down to 3 ids Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
 Best ever LR110
Discovery II
RR Sport
IIDTool BT 

Post #143333926th Feb 2015 12:33 am
luciogodoy

Hi all;

Final push today and I managed to finish the board and uploaded tobouk's HEX code (I think!).

@Tobouk: is there a away to bench test the board? I have tried but only the awake LED flashes, and the Pump LED does not switch on.

I have connected a 12VDC power supply, held the ignition probe to low (earth) and touched the 12Vdc for up-to 3 seconds ( 3 Mississippi), and the awake LED flashes and the goes off.

Some pictures:

Board:

Board with holes:

Components installed:

Microcontroller board:

Finished product!

I'll try to test on the car tomorrow, and if works the only thing missing is the plastic box

Regards

Lucio

Post #143335326th Feb 2015 2:19 am
gucio1983

Poland 

Thanks @tobouk. Nice board @luciogodoy:)

Post #143337426th Feb 2015 7:55 am
tobouk

England 

Lucio,
If you want to spends weeks and weeks on hobby, there is an easy way to simulate the heater on pc.
you needs a comms package that can send and receive the answer packets of data using your K line adapter.
Below a screenshot ticking away, but no smoke. You will also need to read Alex's pointer to W-Bus protocol: spy on a communication between a TTV and a 1533 timer and the internet
( http://sourceforge.net/projects/libwbus/ ). A lot of work, for info only.

Click image to enlarge
 Best ever LR110
Discovery II
RR Sport
IIDTool BT 

Post #143347926th Feb 2015 1:15 pm
gucio1983

Poland 

Nice:) How you get it? Is this live comunication between thermo test and webasto heater??

Post #143381326th Feb 2015 10:18 pm
tobouk

England 

No, above, this is simulating webasto heater/controller comms saves playing in the cold. You can also use it for webasto/controller/timer/T91 live comms as well. Do search on web for it. Smile
 Best ever LR110
Discovery II
RR Sport
IIDTool BT 

Post #143390527th Feb 2015 1:29 am
gucio1983

Poland 

hi. I have downloaded it already. Nice software. I'm going to make monitoring cable and try to find why my webasto turns off. I will use @alex controler from the first post and tap into uart signals between pic16f628 and si9243. I have made @alex controler, and it behave the same as yours controller (during start up, few second after flame has formmed, it truns off).

Post #14359972nd Mar 2015 2:15 pm
VMatas

Poland 

W-bus protocol can be monitored by Webasto Thermo Test software with engineering mode opened, and of course you can fully test FBH operation, including components tests in case of troubles. Only K-Bus(I-Bus) cable is required. For FBH testing purposes only software can be downloaded from Software informer site for free.

Post #14364423rd Mar 2015 8:00 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 16 of 23 <123 ... 151617 ... 212223>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >