Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Faults & Fixes (D4)

Car Failed to Start
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
sigs8073

Car Failed to Start

Hi All,

Had an experience today which worries me !!

Got in the car outside of the shops, car opened fine with key in my pocket, lights came on the dash. So I put my foot on the break pedal and pressed the start button.........except it didnt start !!

So, I take foot of the pedal and back on again then push the button......still nothing.

Take key out of pocket...press button....NOTHING.

At this point I'm thinking flat battery to car, but screen is fine, sat nav and phone working ok, plus when I press start button the screens dont dim or flicker which they would if there was a flat battery.

It's not even a question of the key not being found, cause this message was never displayed on the scree.

So, no other option but to call LR Assist, they can be there within the hour. I wait 30 mins and press the button and hey presto it starts. So cancel LR assist and go to local dealer.

Local dealer says cant help, book it in for Friday, so I think that maybe I'll speak to LR assist again to see if still in the local area. Their guy calls me 5 mins later to say he is on the way but cant do anything as his laptop is broken, so no way of running a diagnostic.....Fking useless even coming then, as you can guess I'm pretty annoyed at this point.

TO cut a long story short, anyone know what the problem might be?? I've had the assurance upgrades, its not a flat battery and the key not located issue wasnt THE issue.

Dumbstruck, out of ideas and wondering where my £50k would have been better spent.. !!

Post #64835212th May 2010 10:54 pm
GraemeS

Australia 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

Just sounds like the standard fail-to-start software gremlin where pressing the start button without foot on brake will turn it off then press again with foot on brake this time.

Post #64842813th May 2010 11:38 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >