Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

Christmas came early
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
OvalAutos

United Kingdom 
Christmas came early

It's not often that I can get SWMBO on her knees, but the purchase of a cordless handheld vacuum cleaner seems to have done the trick.

After she watched me unpack the device with suspicion, I marvelled at it's lightness and all the accessories it came with. "Why have you got that?" she asked. "It's to capture the dust as I drill holes in the wall to mount your new mirror" I replied. "Well, if you getting your drill out, I need x,y & z putting up at the same time". Censored I thought to myself, this was not in my plan for a relaxing evening.

It was time to up my game. If I was going to get dropped into a bunch of extra tasks, then SWMBO also had to get busy tonight or I had find a way out. "Er, it doesn't seem to turn on" I said as I fiddled with the switch. "Here, give it to me you dumb ass" was her casual reply. Now at this stage I should mention that I had left the little packing spacer on the trigger that prevents it from turning on while in the box. "I think it must be broken, I am going to send it back to Amazon" I explained as I passed it to her while deftly removing the spacer. "There's nothing wrong with this, you just need to push the button forward" she proclaimed as it sprang to life. "Well it didn't do that for me. I'll go and get my drill and you can see how well it sucks by trying to pick up the random dog biscuits around the kitchen".

5 mins later I'm back, drill in hand. I was slightly surprised to actually find her on her knees sucking up said dog food. "This works really good, look how much I've picked up". She had indeed managed to clean the whole of the kitchen floor, a task that normally escapes her (domestic goddess she is not!).

"Right, now you can get your jobs done while I open the wine. I want blah...blah...blah..put....blah....and...blah"

So off I go to drill the one hole I planned on doing without making a mess.

A quick replacement of the packing spacer and bingo, it won't turn on for me. "Honey, it's stopped working. I can't do all the other stuff without making a mess. She grabs it from me and tells me I'm a pathetic husband, but can't turn it on herself. After 10 mins, she gives up and tells me to send it back.

Job done, glass of wine in hand and a clean kitchen floor as a bonus. Wife suspicious, but glad the mirror is finally on the wall and not the hallway floor.

Tonight at dinner with the girls, we discussed the meaning of quid pro quo as American politics is always a hot topic in our house (SWMBO is an American and we're all nerver-trumpers). I explained that as I had done a job for Mom tonight, she had to return the favour. Thumbs Up
 Joe  
Post #210123722nd Nov 2019 9:26 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Stevepd

United Kingdom 

Priceless Bow down
 visiting from www.rrsport.co.uk  
Post #210127222nd Nov 2019 12:42 pm
ianm27

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

Thumbs Up and you are in soooooooooooooooo much trouble if SWMBO ever reads this Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
 Uncle Ray's spare wheel protector
Limo Tint
Blackvue front & rear dashcam
Cruise control switch pack
Bodsy's remote for FBH 

Post #210128822nd Nov 2019 2:07 pm
OvalAutos

United Kingdom 

Yep, certain death if I posted it on FB Shocked
 Joe  
Post #210130922nd Nov 2019 2:41 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Hot Tub

England 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Need to become a friend on facebook then bribe you Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
 Welsh Collie Chauffeur Service To Barney & Rooney.  
Post #210135722nd Nov 2019 6:03 pm
Ceekay

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

true genius Thumbs Up

(should of told her the crank had snapped all it needed was a LR sticker)
 D4 HSE Lux MY16 Club Waitomo
D3 HSE MY06 missing her still… 

Post #210137322nd Nov 2019 7:43 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >