DISCO4.COM > Technical (D3)

Code PO088 please help!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
florianu

Romania 

thanks for the answer

things happened as following:

i replaced the engine after crankshaft broke with an engine from a jaguar (just long engine)
i used electrical wiring harness and pump from range rover, i kept on the jag engine just the injectors and the return pipes (from injectors to the pump).

two months later, p0087 appears, only when driving - random, but more often, and never could drive more than 50km without the error.
replace injectors, replace tank pump, replace fuel filter, replace hp sensor - same issue.
i replaced the pump with a re manufactured one from Ebay (seams new for me because looks like new)
i made 1800 km without any error - than one morning i get p0088 (high pressure) immediately when i started.
After a while, i could delete the error, and second morning car does the same.
I drive more 2500 KM (was in Paris) home, without any error.
Back home i drive 1 month also with no issue, until few days ago, when i get back error P0087 when driving...more and more often.
Then, at the start i get now P0087 random, not for every start.
what do you think about this?

ps. can you provide some pictures with the return pipes from injector to the pump and entrance in to the pump?

Post #20815607th Sep 2019 8:14 am
slavko

Slovenia 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

From my point of view, your mistake is not derived from the wrong installation but it's a new mistake.
With my experience I think it is very difficult to find an error that occurs only occasionally. If you want to avoid unnecessary costs, then wait for the mistake to become permanently present, or that the car will stop. It so many things in the chain of the fuel pressure that is impossible with certainty to determine the reason. The other possibility is to test the components one by one and reject the weaknesses . This way could become too expensive.
On this forum is a very good article about fuel pressure.
Slavko https://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic130062.html

Post #20817828th Sep 2019 11:17 am
florianu

Romania 

Smile i will continue the research - even if i already read all possible post in all languages.

i only have a question for you, or whoever can tell me, because for this i am not sure:

-the return pipe for the fuel, just after the sensor, is going in a kind of cooler on top of the engine.
-that piece has two connections, i suppose a entrance and an exit.
:where the return pipe after the sensor goes in - first pipe or second pipe? which is the entrance and which is the exit (picture attached from old engine)

i might be plugged wrong here..

thanks

Post #20818068th Sep 2019 12:46 pm
slavko

Slovenia 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

I think it doesn't matter, it's just a cooler-on one side fuel goes in- on the other side goes out. I also think that there's no bad connection if you have been driven a few thousand kilometers in the meantime.
A high-pressure pump is a big player in this game . There are two very important sensoras in the pump. Both of them could be the reason of low pressure.Try to ask the dealer who sold you the pump how it is with the warranty. In Slovenia, all these things should have at least one year's warranty.
In your case you can have two problems, you must recognise if you really lose pressure somewhere or the sensors that measure the pressure does not measure properly .
I don't think that is something installed wrong, I'm almost sure that something you've changed already, doesn't work .
Sorry of my bad english !
Slavko

Post #20818718th Sep 2019 6:07 pm
florianu

Romania 

It has one year waranty...issue is that i need to open the body again and that means couple hundred euro again and loose time.
Bad english in not wrong now with the "brexshit" Smile...we will soon speak chinese..

Post #20819108th Sep 2019 7:56 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >