Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

Computer game - Rape Day
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 
Computer game - Rape Day

A new computer game has been released called Rape Day. The theme is that the player plays the character of a serial rapist.

Without wishing to "virtue signal" or whatever it is that lefties / snowflakes are accused of in these situations, it does seem to me to be a very odd choice for a game. I do wonder what the makers thought when producing it, and what effect it might have on some of those who play it. There have been suggestions that violence in computer games can be carried though to real life violence. It seems reasonable to think that there are some who may move from this game to real rape too.

It will be interesting to see whether the game survives in the mainstream as it appears that the likes of Stream are not going to host it. I think they are right to refuse to do so.

Anyway, more on this strange game here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-47484397
 Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #20347177th Mar 2019 4:12 pm
stew 46

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Siberian SilverDiscovery 3

How the Censored is it aloud to even be sold Shocked what are these Censored on !!!!
 -------------------------------------------------
if you cant hold on dont let go , it ill come in handy for something even if you never use it.
D3 SE 05,
110 s wagon 300 tdi SOLD
h top transit
crew cab transit
transit connect
ausa dumper, muck truck .
peljob 2.5 digger
06 L 200 crew cab 

Post #20347217th Mar 2019 4:23 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Aerialmark

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

There are some properly sick people about ( and i mean sick in the head not bloody cool !) I wonder how the people at Desk Plant would feel if someone close to them was raped and that was turned into a game.
You sad set of sick b Censored ds .
 The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything;
They just make the best of everything they have. 

Post #20347327th Mar 2019 4:52 pm
tcr4x4

United Kingdom 

I see your point, it’s a disgusting premise for a game, but is it more disgusting than mainstream games like gta where you are actively encouraged to murder people?
Is rape worse than murder? In some regards I’d say definitely, but our laws suggest otherwise.

Not something I’d want to play for sure, but where do you draw the line from acceptable to non acceptable?

Post #20351438th Mar 2019 11:25 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Quote:
where you are actively encouraged to murder people?

It's pixels, polygons ...0's and 1's FFS ... not people. Recent significant research found no correlation between players and violence Rolling Eyes
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #20351519th Mar 2019 12:08 am
lynalldiscovery

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Metropolis LE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Write up says kill then rape, if they are dead is it then rape?

Also mentions zombie apocolypse and Im struggling to find any recent court cases involving zombies?

I highly recommend the film Idiocracy to see where the world is heading Thumbs Up

Post #20351699th Mar 2019 2:34 am
kajtzu

Finland 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

DG wrote:
Quote:
where you are actively encouraged to murder people?

It's pixels, polygons ...0's and 1's FFS ... not people. Recent significant research found no correlation between players and violence Rolling Eyes

Yeah, people played those games back in the 80s:

- Last ninja franchise (the ninja needs to waste everyone to move forward)
- commando (score is directly related to how much you destroy and kill)
- Rambo (same)
- nuclear war (try to nuke the others without managing to nuke the whole planet)
- all simulator games based on real kit like F-15, F-117, F-19, F/A-18, M-1 tanks, AH-64 in various theatres and most of the time against Warsaw Pact forces
- simulator games where you’re in a sub and the mission is either to sink ships, sink Warsaw Pact kit, cover boomers so they get into position to launch nukes, assist covert insertion of commandos/seals/whatnot
- simulators where you’re the destroyer and the mission is to sink the sub with depth charges
- all the missile defense style games where the Russians nuke and you need to intercept
- hostages (snipe at the terrorists first, then breach and do cqb in the corridors)
- etc.

Already then it was popular to claim that:

A. Too much playing is detrimental to mental health...
B. leads to increased violence...
C. lead to deterioration of eye sight...

In reality it contributed to at least a few people knowing what’s in Bandai Abbas, Basra, Kermanshah, why the fulda gap was an important place, the tank has heaviest armor in front, if you go on burner - while sounding and looking cool - all the time the fuel consumption makes a V8 look like an economical vehicle, sometimes it’s better to be sneaky, etc. Whistle

Post #20351799th Mar 2019 6:14 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >