Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Africa

Conqueror Supra Trailer
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
IronMan

South Africa 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
Conqueror Supra Trailer

Looking at one of these trailers at the moment.
Anyone out there got one or opinion on one?

What about all the extra's.. what workes and what not?

Many thanks.

Post #2209944th Nov 2007 9:09 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Not sure if it's the same model but presumably Babens is similar http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/post219773.html#219773
 The End  
Post #2210454th Nov 2007 11:02 pm
TiaanS

South Africa 2006 Discovery 3 4.0 V6 Petrol S Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Ironman, I have a conqueror commander and for this I can not comment on the Supra, Regarding Conqueror or “mega-manufacturers” I am very impressed as the build quality is very good and the after sales service is brilliant.
Regarding the extras, I think it depends on what you have as camping equipment and for this no reason to get anything as an extra on the trailer if you have it already. I am currently sitting with a garage full of camping equipment as well as the fully stocked commander Embarassed

For me the following is important:
Tent, (obviously) wheels + spare, Anti tilt legs, water tank, fridge sliding rails, power pack. The rest can be added as needed or can easily be added at a later stage.

Post #2210825th Nov 2007 7:04 am
heine

South Africa 2009 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 3

I was also looking at the conqueror , but eventually went for the echo 3 . Nothing wrong with the conqueror , but the echo can be fully kitted out by them . All I had to do was add water Very Happy

Post #2210845th Nov 2007 7:16 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
IronMan

South Africa 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
Charging Duel Battery on Trailers

How are you guys with trailers ensuring you get enough charge through to you dual battery systems on the trailers while driving?
I already have a Dual Battery System & Chrage system on my D3 but looking at just using the normal tow electrical unit I'm not convinced you will get enough current through the system to get the battery system on the trailer to charge.

Post #2211125th Nov 2007 9:20 am
Baben

South Africa 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Hi Chaps

Ironman: I have the Conqueror Conquest. My 2nd trailer from this company - I had one of their first efforts too. I cannot fault the product, or the backup I have received from the company.

What counts the most in your choice of trailer is what you want out of it, your specific needs etc. For instance I have 2 kids, so need the space for the boys and their stuff, hence the reason I have the slightly larger Conquest. If it was just me and the Mrs. I would have gone for the Supra.

I would recommend you go camping with people who have these types of trailers and look at how long they take to set up and break down, how comfy they are, how the kitchen works etc. from your personal perspective before you make a choice. If you can't do this, then spend a lot of time browsing at the dealers before you choose, and maybe try rent one for a short trip so you can experience for yourself.

in a nutshell, what works for me might not work for anyone else, plus I can tell you from personal experience that you will hardly ever find that something off the shelf will suit your needs exactly, there will always be some customizing required from your end.

My second suggestion is that once you decide on the model you want, buy it with the minimum, and use it a few times before you go the whole hog.
As an example, I wanted the bar instead of the bathroom cupboard in the Conquest (Don't ask me why...Smile ) but after a couple of trips I ripped out the bar and installed the bathroom cupboard.

On the dual battery system:

I have 2x 105AH in the trailer and 1x75AH in the D3. BRS installed the Genesis controller for me, with a Brad-Harrison plug at the rear of the vehicle on a thick cable, and a similar plug on the trailer, all with 100A fuses right next to the batteries. The controller will ensure that the vehicle will charge the auxillaries as one unit (like a big 285AH battery) and only when the main starting battery has charged. So far I have had no problems with this setup. I am not sure what would happen if I plugged in the trailer with flat batteries though, but my setup should be able to deliver 100A for short periods so would probably be OK. I guess you have to manage it, and understand what can happen if all hell breaks loose.
If you try charge your trailer battery thru the trailer plug (the one with the lights etc.) you will most probably pick up trouble because it can't handle more than a few amps - its not designed for this purpose.

Get someone reputable like BRS or Tino to do your installation. Tell them exactly what you intend to do, and they will set it up right. Even take them your trailer if you have to. Most trailers will not come equipped with the proper high-capacity cables and connectors that you actually need.

And above all have fun!

Post #2211395th Nov 2007 10:03 am
heine

South Africa 2009 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 3

Yup pretty much what baben sed

Post #2211715th Nov 2007 11:17 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Deondef

South Africa 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

I repaired the electrical cable on my neighbours caravan which is parked in my yard while he is renovating. (And the dog is slowly eating it up !!)

I noticed the blue and white wires are double the thickness of the others and they run to the caravan's battery and fridge.

So, in agreement with the previous posts - DO NOT COMPROMISE ON THE ELECTRICAL SUPPLY TO TRAILER'S BATTERY AND FRIDGE.

I also had duel battery system installed by BRS with Brad Harrison plugs to the tow hitch as well as inside loading area of D3 for when I take along battery box with 105a/h battery either inside vehicle or in trailer.

Post #2212195th Nov 2007 1:20 pm
TiaanS

South Africa 2006 Discovery 3 4.0 V6 Petrol S Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

What I found is that even the LR aux plug (plug not locally available anyway) does not have sufficient power to charge the aux batteries in the trailer. So Babens suggestion is the way to go. What I did to my trailer is to replace the standard 12mm cable with 25mm to have less of a voltage drop…

Post #2212255th Nov 2007 1:52 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >