Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Finance, Insurance and Warranties

Cost to extend LR warranty on D4
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
v8bobber

Wales 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
Cost to extend LR warranty on D4

I have a 65 plate D4 with approximately 62k miles on it and the extended warranty runs out later this year. I’m guessing that I’ll be about 66/67k miles when renewal is due

I bought it LR approved from a dealer and have had it serviced with LR in the time I’ve owned it.

LR won’t quote me to extend my warranty yet as it’s too before the warranty end date

Has anyone had their warranty extended recently? I’m trying to work out the approximate cost and would love to here what cost I am looking at. I’d prefer to stay with the LR warranty as I’ve used it a couple of times for minor issues and has been really good

TIA

Dave

Post #227420221st Jan 2022 7:27 pm
popsdosh

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

in round figures expect £1200 for the premium that covers all repairs up to vehicle value plus £150 for recovery . Dont forget the important caveat ,it wont cover the crank against snapping probably the biggest cost you may be faced with Rolling with laughter
There is a cheaper version with more limited cover and funnily enough when the email turns up thats the headline figure to suck you in.

Post #227422521st Jan 2022 8:35 pm
v8bobber

I was under the impression that engine failure would be covered.

I’ll email them to see if it is.

I know of instances where engines have been covered outside warranty as long as it’s been serviced anyway

Post #227423621st Jan 2022 9:06 pm
popsdosh

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Got the T shirt ! crank snapping is labelled an inherent fault so excluded from warranty. JLR goodwill is not a given ,you need your full dealer support and the wait to hear is one of the most stressful things you will ever go through. When yours goes you really need to take it back to the dealer who supplied it .
Due to mine being some way away two localish dealers refused to even diagnose it although its supposed to be you can go to any dealer.

Post #227424021st Jan 2022 9:24 pm
v8bobber

Not a lot of point in having it then!

I take it that you had an extended warranty but got an engine replaced through goodwill?

My local dealer is pretty good to be fair but I bought it from Newcastle which is 350 miles away

Post #227424221st Jan 2022 9:32 pm
v8bobber

Just went on the warranty wise website, they want £3600 to cover it for 12 months!?

Post #227424921st Jan 2022 10:21 pm
galwaygreen

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Graphite LE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

ours was £1190 in september...the better cover of the two,,,but from recall no assist included,,,we also get £700 towards MOT tests repairs...AND the crank is not covered as its a known fault/design problem...
( Censored you off cus they sold it from new knowing that...but there you go )
if crank should go at least you could show some loyalty to LR...service/warranty etc...we had rear prop done last year at 30k miles crap..£674,,so we got something back..but they are expensive when they go wrong..but you knew that when you bought it..

Post #227426322nd Jan 2022 12:19 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
v8bobber

Yes I knew they were expensive to look after, and that’s the thing. You don’t expect to pay through the nose for servicing (next one is 1200 quid) and £1000 or so for the warranty but not get the crank covered.

To be honest that’s why I took it out, trouble free motoring with no worries about the crank should it let go.

I hear from others that as long as it’s serviced then they’ll “goodwill” a new engine but it is a worry.

Either it’s not an inherent fault and they cover it under the warranty, or it IS an inherent fault and LR sort it out. Mind boggles

Post #227431322nd Jan 2022 1:26 pm
JordsDisco

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 3.0 SDV6 GS Manual Santorini BlackDiscovery 3

Pretty sure Warranty Direct covers the crank, although everyone’s get out is the “inherent fault.”

I’ve got a LR policy on the Disco, eldest has got a WD policy on a Corsa. Under £12-£13 odd per month premium. No excess. Gets the AA with it too.

Anyway, he’s had one claim, an O2 sensor, 3 months into a years policy. It was for £300 main dealer prices and they paid no problem and all very efficient and polite.

Post #227433722nd Jan 2022 3:50 pm
Johnny Oxford

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Land Rover's own "extended warranty" (which incidentally is not theirs, it's a 3rd party product) - definitely does NOT cover crank failure - I had this clarified by the dealer when I bought my D4 on the approved used scheme.

It beggars belief but it is true.
 2014 D4 HSE Facelift Corris Grey

Previous :

Discovery Sport SE (awful)
56 plate D3 HSE TDV6 Zermatt Silver
Defender 90 200tdi 

Post #228035723rd Feb 2022 10:31 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >