Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Camping, Caravanning and Holidays

A couple of recommendtaions for sites in France
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
al cope

England 
A couple of recommendtaions for sites in France

Just back off me jolly hols, and thought I'd pass this info on as I know quite a few head across La Manche.

Headed down to the Dordogne, and found a smashing site near St Cyprien called Domaine le Cro Magnon. Big pitches (on the part we were, some smaller on what looked like the older part), quiet, secluded, not far from the river, really lovely riverside restaurant just down the road.

Then across to the Vendee to a site called La Ferme De Latois (a dutch owned site), near Coex. In the past we've used sites like Pin Parasol, and La Garangiore, and the Castels site nearby, but these are too busy, to much hustle and bustle (and full of Brits!!), where this dutch site, even at 200 pitches was smashing. It was much more relaxed. Big pitches (200sq mtr plus) on the newer part, nice pool, two lakes (with fishing), and good facilities.

worth a look if you are heading that way with tintent - but dont tell everybody.

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #114323013th Aug 2013 11:31 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
PaulC555

Scotland 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

Just back from Pin Parasol and really loved it. All these years going to France this was one of only two sites we would ever go back to, the other being Bonne Annse Plage near Royan. Mustlook this one up asI cant really be doing with sites that are to busy.....

Post #114876827th Aug 2013 6:23 pm
DiscoMJ

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Siberian SilverDiscovery 3

This is definitely something we want to do. Last time we drove to france we were in a vauxhall insignia sri (which we still have) but just isn't comfortable on such long journeys with kids.

Really hoping the landrover holds out in good enough condition to take us to Brittany again or further perhaps!!

Getting married june 2014 so might have to put that off unless it becomes the honeymoon!

Post #117685524th Oct 2013 10:49 am
Gabbo

England 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

we like logis du breuil which is also near Royan
 D4 Fuji White HSE with Black Pack, TV, RSE, Tow Pack, Side Steps & Heated Steering Wheel  
Post #117696624th Oct 2013 3:26 pm
bigcarpchaser

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Firenze RedDiscovery 4

Wow, just Dordogne suggestion as we've been going to Castels the last couple of years to find this on their homepage... Slightly worrying!!!!

Dear Customer

We regret to inform you that our campsite "Domaine Cro- Magnon **** " was forced to cease operations at the end of the 2013 tourist season.

Indeed, a risk prevention plan , recently hired by the municipality of Allas les Mines and prefecture of the Dordogne, has revealed a massive potential danger stability basement, resulting from the operation of a limestone quarry in the nineteenth and twentieth century.

Extensive studies have been commissioned by the Civil Security and the conclusions are the subject today of a final activity over the career termination , to ensure , in the coming years , the safety of goods and people over an area of 50 hectares ( which is partially part of the campsite ) .

For 10 years , the Leger family ( also owner of Saint Avit Loisirs ) bought this family camping. Upon acquisition , significant investments have been made ( upgrading , new equipment and materials) , other projects were still programmed and this , in an ongoing effort to meet your requirements and expectations.

Today, it is with emotion and resignation, we must be willing to leave this site which we were attached .

We wish to thank you very warmly for your requests , and the confidence you have placed in us .

More than ever, we remain focused on the site of St Avit Loisirs to meet your expectations and would be delighted to welcome you for your next visit .

We remain at your disposal for any further information you might think useful and

In the meantime,

Please believe Dear Customer in the expression of our dedicated and friendly feelings.

For the whole team .
Olivier Leger

--
Olivier Léger (06 75 74 84 00)
Saint Avit Loisirs * * * * *
24260 Saint Avit de Vialard
http://www.saint-avit-loisirs.com
Rejoignez-nous sur Facebook
 Welcome "Lola" Smile  
Post #117711424th Oct 2013 7:58 pm
al cope

England 

Blimey - wont be heading back there next year then.

Thats a shame - it was a nice site

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker

Post #117729825th Oct 2013 8:13 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Mr Kington

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Siberian SilverDiscovery 3

We have been to the La Garangeoire two years running and it is very good. Especially if you have kids. Lots to do, great swimming pools etc. Close to the beach and relatively easy drive from Calais if you go through the night.
 James favourite hobby is writing in the third person.  
Post #117732725th Oct 2013 10:18 am
al cope

England 

Been there as well - wasnt impressed, thousands of kids running around (usually Brits), and our pitch wasnt that great for a twin axle 'van.

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark

Post #117733725th Oct 2013 10:49 am
Mr Kington

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Siberian SilverDiscovery 3

Probably our kids !!! it is a bit hectic to be fair but a lot for the kids to do so works for us while they are at this sort of age. We have a tent so pitches are fine, it is tight thought for some larger vehicles and likewise getting in and out of the pitches can be tricky.
 James favourite hobby is writing in the third person.  
Post #117733825th Oct 2013 10:53 am
al cope

England 

yes to all of the above (apart from your kids Smile )

A lot of te sites tend to stick all the brits together as well. If I'd wanted this I needn't have gone to France (he says after staying on a Dutch site - Doh)

I guess I prefer a quieter site now I'm a grumpy 50odd year old.

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark

Post #117734325th Oct 2013 11:03 am
PaulC555

Scotland 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

Have a look at Le Pin Parasol, in the same area, but quieter.......I'm in the grumpy club to, and I loved it this year.....

Post #117765425th Oct 2013 9:31 pm
BenjyP

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 4

Now next august I plan to drive back from near Marbella having spent the week there and getting married myself.... Through France... Now although initial thoughts are of hotels and I doubt SWMBO would agree to camp it is so tempting... Maybe I can convince her between now and then....
 300TDI Toy... Now gone
2005 TDV6 HSE 

Post #117765925th Oct 2013 9:37 pm
Blademan

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto ZanzibarDiscovery 4

4 Vents near Euro disney , nice site , huge pitches , good snack bar on site , swimming pool , brilliant friendly owners , been for the last 2 years highly recommended . Very Happy

Post #120622622nd Dec 2013 7:29 pm
Russell

United Kingdom 

Chateau Chanteloupe near Le Manns and they do Glamping, large tents complete with wooden floor, propper beds, arm chairs and full cooking facilitles. We go there with the tin tent and it is great, Dominique lays on lots of entertainment and will also lay on BBQs with wine and cheese afterwards, all you do is supply the meat greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeat Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Picture outside the front of the Chateau
 MY17 D5 1st Edition Namib Orange
MY15 D4 HSE Kaikoura Stone
MY12 D4 HSE Nara Bronze Sold and gone
MY11 D4 HSE Stornaway Grey Sold and gone
D3 S spec Silver Sold and gone
Tow bar, full length roof bars, side steps, tow bar storage unit, surround camers.
D4 camera club 

Post #120624322nd Dec 2013 8:10 pm
al cope

England 

Done Pin Parrasol - there arent too many sites in the Vendee we havnt done over the years.

@ blademan - done des 4 vents about 3 times now Thumbs Up

@ Russ - that looks nice Thumbs Up

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark

Post #120666823rd Dec 2013 7:20 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >