Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Technical (D3)

Crankshaft Sensor?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
jradcliffe

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3
Crankshaft Sensor?

Sad I had noticed that since the end of July I had to crank the engine a couple of times to get going - thought nothing of it really. Drove 200 miles to a meeting came out and the car would not start, the engine turned but no joy. AA came out, no idea. LR assistance came out, told me the crankshaft sensor was the problem and that the gearbox had to come out. Was transported home by the AA and the car has now been with Stratstone for two weeks. They have told me that they have had to strip the turbo out, the fault is difficult to find, LR do not have any crankshaft sensors in stock - the list goes on. They are supposed to be the experts but I get the feeling they are pulling my chain - could I ask if anyone has had this problem?
 Her other car is a Defender  
Post #51861511th Sep 2009 6:32 am
macmotors

Re: Crankshaft Sensor?

Hi I have the same problem, but have replaced the crank sensor but to no avail, we found that the Restraints Control Module has a crash recorded even though the vehicle has never been in an accident. The CODE is B1A55-14 this then disables the vehicle, let the garage look if this code is registered. This one we have not resolved yet, put a new RCM in aswell still no joy! Best of luck! Richard

Post #56376811th Dec 2009 7:40 pm
MARKW

United Kingdom 

In a similar vein. Evet now and again I can get in the D3 in the morning and turn ign on. Let it go through the start cycle, turn key and nothing. But no warning lights either. Turn off, repeat cycle and it starts. It's done this a couple of times over the last couple of months. No other symptoms though. Any ideas??
 HONI SOIT QUI MAL Y PENSE

They shall not grow old as those of us left grow old. Age shall not weary them, nor the years condem. At the going down of the sun, and in the morning WE WILL REMEMBER THEM 

Post #56384011th Dec 2009 9:33 pm
macmotors

This one here same, it does a reset when the ignition key is cycled from of to on, and then some times does start, also no warning lights, only the fault code B1A55-14 in RCM, and then no comunication from the engine control module, theis is because the RCM is telling it that there has been an accident, and the main engine relay then does not energize, thus not giving all the power suplies to the Power Control Module, which logs five ? fault codes in the PCM al to do with low voltage no power suply, low fuel pressure and then crank signal all due to this Censored Restraints Control Module givving this crash output signal to the PCM, as mentioned in previous post we have changed the RCM with a new one after all the crash sensors had been tested and crash output signal wire has been checked, no LR tech suport are telling me to clear the crash record in the CJB (body control module) and program the new Restraints control module with some (SEED) code? Will post again wen any news is available, in the mean time if you guys find anything lets hear about it Best of luck! Richard

Post #56387911th Dec 2009 10:08 pm
MARKW

United Kingdom 

I had my 4x4 screen turned on by Wiggs the other day, and he said there was no fault codes logged. But it has done this non starting thing both before and after he upgraded me
 HONI SOIT QUI MAL Y PENSE

They shall not grow old as those of us left grow old. Age shall not weary them, nor the years condem. At the going down of the sun, and in the morning WE WILL REMEMBER THEM 

Post #56390111th Dec 2009 10:42 pm
macmotors

Hi The vehicle here turned out to be the ECM, replaced it and configured it with SDD (LAND ROVERdiagnostic machine) now all fine.

Post #6997774th Oct 2010 5:57 pm
ktm_525

Canada 2010 LR4 5.0 V8 HSE Auto Ipanema SandLR4

macmotors wrote:
Hi The vehicle here turned out to be the ECM, replaced it and configured it with SDD (LAND ROVERdiagnostic machine) now all fine.

There is a Land Rover dealer in the Turks? Wow has that place grown.

Post #7001335th Oct 2010 4:11 pm
ronp

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Getting back to original post, are you sure it's the crankshaft sensor?
I had a similar problem:- long turnover before starting then one morning the engine would just turn over and not fire.
My problem was the camshaft sensor.
This was diagnosed and fixed by my local [non LR] garage within a couple of days.
No gearbox out and no turbo out !!
 I was a normal heterosexual chap, but in these new woke awakenings I now identify as a Wardrobe.  
Post #7001425th Oct 2010 4:37 pm
John C

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Neighbour of mine also needed a new crankshaft sensor with no need for major surgery...
 2020 SDV6 D5 HSE, Carpathian Grey +
2022 Tesla Model Y LR... almost Carpathian Grey
Previously : 2005 TDV6 SE Auto, Cairns Blue (288K) - ours for 16 years 

Post #7002325th Oct 2010 7:55 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >