Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Technical (D3)

Cruise Control
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
XX03

United Kingdom 

DiscoStu

Was hoping on the service the dealer would do an up to date download......Dealer reckoned my software was all up to date.

If problem persists I will have to make him upgrade the software.....Think I may have a B Censored T dealer as I'm not happy with what they tell me, they seem all full of it and interested and trying to be helpful.....but I think thats the sounds good side...

Post #2003527th Sep 2007 6:19 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
crews control

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

I don't know if this is related to my cruise control problems but I had a strange issue yesterday when driving back from Frankfurt Motor Show (working for Ford!).

As usual, the cruise control only worked for about the first 10 minutes before giving up completely, but then, a little later, when I was adjusting the radio volume on the steering wheel switch the voice command was activated instead! No volume control, (other than using the button on the front of the radio), but instead the chime and "listening" on the display each time I wanted to adjust the volume.

When I started playing with the voice command switch, to see what that would operate, the problem went away. (just so the dealers not going to believe me!) This car is so good on long journeys, I wish I could get all the silly little niggles sorted.

Frankfurt to Calais Eurotunnel - 380 miles = 5 hrs.
Ashford Eurotunnel to Fleet - 84 miles = 8 hrs

(Thanks to multiple crashes, closed motorways and some of the most bizarre M25 driving I have ever seen - great to be back!)
 2005 D3 HSE
2011 D4 Landmark
2016 D4 HSE Lux
2017 Ford Tourneo VR46
Club Waitomo 

Post #20246213th Sep 2007 8:21 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >