switches for the steering wheel
in the manchester area

Post #50673013th Aug 2009 10:38 am
SJR

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Arctic FrostDiscovery 3

TFC will come to you to do both of these things

details here http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/member179.html

remember to email him and not PM him Thumbs Up
 I believe that every human has a finite number of heart-beats. I don't intend to waste any of mine running around doing exercises.
Buzz Aldrin (1930 - 

Post #50673713th Aug 2009 10:55 am
gavinmc

2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

thanks ill try him

Post #50674913th Aug 2009 11:19 am
simoniz

Wales 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Kev B needs his enabled so try and group up to encourage TFC to roam northwards Very Happy

Thumbs Up

Post #50701113th Aug 2009 10:13 pm
Jean-Paul

Greece 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

hey guys... can someone tell me if I can retrofit a cruise control or sound control switch in a car that does not have them at all ? can they somehow be enabled ? which prt number do I need /? my car is a disco 3 SE and does not have anything on the steering wheel. also if I order the parts can is there any guide on how to do it myself ? if you need any other infor in order to help me please ask me. I really need the sound switch, but in order to match i would much like the cruise control as well to be enable. waiting anxiously for your info. Rolling Eyes
 J.p  
Post #50900318th Aug 2009 8:50 pm
simoniz

JP

The good news is yes it can be done for both Very Happy - I did this on my base spec 7 seater about 2 years ago and it is still going all ok Thumbs Up .

As for the part numbers this will depend on the year of your SE as the horn strips/buttons has options according to the trim colour of your interior - suggest you PM TLO @ Yeovil LR (aka The Large One) and he can provide the part numbers and supply the parts at a discount rate as you are a forum member. You might also consider the option of buying a complete steering wheel which already has them on - this typically could be off ebay or a reputable 4 x 4 dismantler. Depends again on what spec level of steering wheel you already have (i.e vinyl) so you could get a leather one as part of your upgrade Very Happy .
As for a how to fit them search the forum there have been lots of threads,several with very good instructions and pics.It really is very easy Thumbs Up

For enabling :
Audio controls just plug & play/work
Cruise Control will need enabling via autologic - in UK TFC (10 for cash) on here would be your man but you will have to find someone local to you or bribe TFC big time to visit you!!. You could email TFC and he might be able to point you at someone in your country?

If you get stuck come back to me or others on here - I am sure we can help!!!

Thumbs Up

Post #50901518th Aug 2009 9:17 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Yasu Koumbare

From what i have read, it seems that in some cases, simply fitting the steering wheel switches is enough.

However in some cases, including my own, it seems that re programming the vehicle is also required.

I did mine with a Faultmate MSV-2 system, which we actually produce, developed and supply, which i believe is the only syatem to also give the ability to enable lots of other nice features too, such as 4x4 info and nav on move.

I would help you out but i am myself permanently "on holiday in Cyprus, of course with Beer"

Last edited by BBS SPY on 18th Aug 2009 10:31 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #50907718th Aug 2009 10:26 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
matt_tdv6

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Wiggs is the man for this...He looked after my D3 Project with his Faultmate MSV 2 till i bought my own system from Colin Thumbs Up

Post #50908318th Aug 2009 10:30 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Dunno if Wiggs is planning a trip to Greece any time soon Matt.

I was leaving the office the other day and was called on the mobile by a really good mate of mine who runs a local Auto Electricians, by really good mate i mean someone who would donate a Kidney without blinking and refers to me as brother !!!! He was hosting a BBQ at his house and would not take no for an answer, Bloody nice prawns though.

Anyway, point being, that this guy, my Cypriot Brother, you have to live here to understand, does not speak hardly any English, How the hell we became brothers is one hell of a long (but interesting) story, but he does have an MV Extreme, i gave to him on his 40th birthday, (what a night, i can still taste the Ouzo) and it turns out he is going to Greece for a week from the Sat just gone.!!!

So we just missed a right time, right place, right guy, right lingo situation

Just thought i would share that with you.

Post #50910218th Aug 2009 10:49 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
PaulP

Spain 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Colin, your post was absolutely no use whatsoever, but it made me bloody laugh Rolling with laughter Bow down
 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham Blue
2007 Golf GT DSG 

Post #50911418th Aug 2009 10:58 pm
promitheus

Greece 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Off Topic Hey Colin, why don't you follow your Cypriot brother and come over here for another ouzo or retsina (that's Greek wine) evening? Thumbs Up

Post #50913518th Aug 2009 11:29 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Job Done PaulP Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

It's a funny old world we live in, and sometimes fact is stranger than fiction.

I personally just love all that old Greek mythology stuff myself

Kali spera Promitheus,
Ti Kanete

Retsina may well be bringing the wine, and frankly the more the merrier chap. Rolling with laughter

But are you, as your name suggests, going to be "bringing the fire" to bar be que those Prawns for old Socrates here. Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

And is there any chance that if i come over, i can join you in the Tub with old Diogenes, disciple of my old student Antisthenes, word is he does a really good back scrub Thumbs Up
Dunno about the BBQ Prawns though, but hey i am willing to try anything Laughing

Promise not to bore you with loads of stuff about Greek mythology Whistle

Post #50914919th Aug 2009 12:16 am
Jean-Paul

Greece 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

simoniz wrote:
JP

The good news is yes it can be done for both Very Happy - I did this on my base spec 7 seater about 2 years ago and it is still going all ok Thumbs Up .

For enabling :
Audio controls just plug & play/work
Cruise Control will need enabling via autologic - in UK TFC (10 for cash) on here would be your man but you will have to find someone local to you or bribe TFC big time to visit you!!. You could email TFC and he might be able to point you at someone in your country?

If you get stuck come back to me or others on here - I am sure we can help!!!

Thumbs Up

thank you all for the quick responses. I am really amazed how you know everything I askevery time and how fast you can provide solutions....

NOW, excuse me for not being familiar with the shortcuts in language... what does AKA stand for ? and what i UK TFC ?
is there any way an authorized dealer here in Greece can enable me the cruise control ? Also, once enabled, the info would appear on the dash ?
finally, what other goodies can be enabled that you are mentioning ?

My car has also a plastic with grilles under the steering wheel below the dash. does anyone know what this is ?
thx guys !!!!!!!!
 J.p  
Post #50915619th Aug 2009 6:14 am
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

AKA = Also Known AS
UK = United Kingdom
TFC = Tenforcash (Forumeer and site sponsor, who travels around the UK doing modifications/repairs and servicing)

Post #50916019th Aug 2009 6:48 am
simoniz

JP

Once cruise is enabled it normally lights up on the dash when in use - a few have found it does not but the cruise works anyway.
Cannot comment on if an "authorised" dealer could enable it other than if you are referring to a Landrover dealer then the answer is a defo no. Landrover will not issue the codes to dealers to upgrade lower spec cars that were marketed and sold as such.
I am sure there are a few other bits that can be enabled also via autologic but cannot readily remember.

As for that plastic with grills - the only purpose this serves a far as I have found is to blow air directly at your lower regions prompting you to make unplanned pee stops when driving!!!!! Shocked
Rolling with laughter

Thumbs Up

Post #50917119th Aug 2009 7:32 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >