Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > In Car Electronics (D3)

D3 with FFRR nav mod and enabled reverse camera not working
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
DavidCook

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
D3 with FFRR nav mod and enabled reverse camera not working

I apologise if this has been covered before but I couldn't find anything matching in searching or by reading the many pages in the D3>FFRR screen thread.

I have installed a reverse camera to my 2007 D3, modified the factory nav screen to show 'range rover' options and enabled the camera in the CCF using a Gap IID but the screen does nothing when I put the car in reverse (it's an auto in case that matters).

If I access the video feeds in the 'secret' menu I can see the camera feed, it works fine (well it does after I worked out how to undo the mirrored image - that was confusing to reverse with Laughing )

I'm sure I have done something wrong... but what!

I'm new to IID use, I have updated the stereo/Bluetooth software ecu - this was to get Bluetooth without reconnecting my phone by pin which worked and still does, but I have changed the screen (actually swapped the original with an identical one that I had cut the wire in to make the FFRR mod) since doing the update - do I have to update something again, or is there some other required update to make with the IID?

Post #22943604th Jun 2022 11:05 pm
Pete K

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3

There are a small number of people who are stuck with this issue.
You are unlucky you have 2 screens that do it though.

I would go back to the Ccf settings and ensure camera is still shown as fitted. (Should also tell you in the hidden menu under the image )
And check to see if there are any other camera options that are selected as not fitted

Post #22945046th Jun 2022 8:18 am
DavidCook

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

I've only tried the FFRR mod on one of the screens actually- I went with the lazy option of swapping out a modded one for the original - however I will try the other screen on FFRR mode and see if it works, bonus and problem solved if so!

Under the secret menu and on the CCF the reversing camera does show as enabled, the only other option I can recall is that of the companion cam which I didn't enable (I'd love to but from the sounds of it it's not a simple plug a camera in and go thing).

Post #22945296th Jun 2022 11:01 am
Pete K

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Rimini RedDiscovery 3

Yes try the other display. No need to cut the yellow wire. Just disconnect the front button yellow loom and then power up. It should be in RR mode.

If you don't want to go full wireless companion cam, then you could consider fitting 1 fixed camera in a useful location (e.g front bumper or left mirror facing down at the curb)
and plug it into the white fakra.

First of all connect your reverse cam upto the white connector and enable the companion camera to see what results you get.

I had a play on a facelift screen and you had an extra confirm OK box every time you went into 4x4 mode (like the nav confirmation) which was very annoying. Also the picture was quite small.

Post #22945426th Jun 2022 12:31 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >