Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > My Discovery 3

D3 stereo. 2006/7
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
discovery3ski

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3
D3 stereo. 2006/7

My stereo has had a wobbly. It just says phone and has six discs / numbers below. The only thing it will do is move the phone volume up and down and eject the six discs. Which I have. Won’t let them feed back in. Nothing. The steering wheel controls do nothing either. I have reset the battery power and no change. The unit has always been a bit rubbish with some facia buttons apparently damaged and were not operative but enough if it worked to play my cd S .
Is it easy to swap it over for a used unit the same as came out? Are they coded? Expensive?
Is it easier given I am about to spend sixty quid getting my car to talk to my I phone on the move to fit a new double din unit? Is that an easy job? The unit looks to be quite large?
Does anyone have and wish to se sell a unit which will play my music or indeed a double din screeen unit which will work with my phone? I’m not after any all singing dancing stuff. I listen to radio 4 and Passenger on long trips. Old man that I am......
Thanks, John.
 Discovery 3 tdv6 HSE 2007
Alfa GTV CUP
Alfa 156 JTS
Alfa Spider TS
Alfa GT Cloverleaf
Volvo XC70 

Post #208764728th Sep 2019 8:52 am
Mikeyb

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Without being over familiar with the technical details, I 'm sure that I have read elsewhere on here that an HSE stereo is rather more complicated than the lesser models as the can bus runs through it so aftermarket replacement is a complicated option.
 Not such a Disco Newbie now!
IID BT 

Post #208765928th Sep 2019 9:15 am
discovery3ski

Do I then need a stereo used unit from an HSE model then?
Alfa GTV CUP
Alfa 156 JTS
Alfa Spider TS
Alfa GT Cloverleaf
Volvo XC70 

Post #208766128th Sep 2019 9:20 am
Mikeyb

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

I'm reading from your profile that you car is an HSE so if that is the case then yes, like for like!
 Not such a Disco Newbie now!
IID BT 

Post #208779428th Sep 2019 5:08 pm
aja4x4

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Re: D3 stereo. 2006/7

discovery3ski wrote:
My stereo has had a wobbly. It just says phone and has six discs / numbers below. The only thing it will do is move the phone volume up and down and eject the six discs. Which I have. Won’t let them feed back in. Nothing. The steering wheel controls do nothing either. I have reset the battery power and no change. The unit has always been a bit rubbish with some facia buttons apparently damaged and were not operative but enough if it worked to play my cd S .
Is it easy to swap it over for a used unit the same as came out? Are they coded? Expensive?
Is it easier given I am about to spend sixty quid getting my car to talk to my I phone on the move to fit a new double din unit? Is that an easy job? The unit looks to be quite large?
Does anyone have and wish to se sell a unit which will play my music or indeed a double din screeen unit which will work with my phone? I’m not after any all singing dancing stuff. I listen to radio 4 and Passenger on long trips. Old man that I am......
Thanks, Jvohn.

Hi its a easy job to replace the head unit with the same model, you will have a 6 cd premium or logic 7 system fitted in your hse.
Its not an easy job to replace these units with aftermarket ones as they have no built in amplifier they have a seperate one fitted under the drivers seat. The head unit comunicates with the car and amp using fibre optics if you fit an aftermarket unit you will need to fit a load of extra parts too.
What unit are you fitting for your i phone ? As it may need to plug into the amp under the seat and not the head unit.

Post #208781228th Sep 2019 6:04 pm
discovery3ski

I think the car has logic 7. Harmon Karon on the door speakers from memory.
I guess an HSE direct swap will be the best bet. The I phone will work with the standard unit if you fit a sixty quid module in the car a chap,on this site sells. I’m not looking for full duplication in the car just to be able to make and answer calls using the phone hands free.
Where to start looking for a second hand suitable stereo I guess?
Alfa GTV CUP
Alfa 156 JTS
Alfa Spider TS
Alfa GT Cloverleaf
Volvo XC70 

Post #208784128th Sep 2019 6:48 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >