DISCO4.COM > In Car Electronics (D4)

D4 12my infotainment
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

BBS SPY wrote:
Thanks for the Pictures CaverD3
That amp actually looks quite a bit different and has no Dolby Licensing text on it so is not Logic 7,

Part number looks like it is the same as the Logic 7 though. Confused Also has connections for extra speakers?

BBS SPY wrote:
Not sure About the Gen2.1 DG mentions, (please point me as to where you learned of this please chap) I have an IAM, Dual view screen and 2012 wiring for future developing but as yet have not looked into anything over much.

I have found the Hi ICE to be somewhat dispointing in the sound equalisation. I have a Pioneer unit in the D3 with auto equalisation and when set it made a huge difference especially in the lower mid range and upper bass which are much clearer.

BBS SPY wrote:
Your mystery box is the KVE module (Keyless Vehicle Entry) CaverD3.
Stupid place to put it, but then it is a Land Rover Rolling with laughter

Funny, I don't have keyless entry. Confused What is needed to activate it?
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #98177926th Sep 2012 3:02 am
caverD3

Also, I have an issue with its blue teeth. Echo on any phone heard by the other party very bad and makes it almost unusable. Any idea on a phone volume setting that does not echo so to confirm there is a problem?
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #98178026th Sep 2012 3:08 am
buellbeast

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Premium amp looks the same but with logic 7 stickers etc
Click image to enlarge
 Club Forum Criminal !!!  
Post #98178626th Sep 2012 6:14 am
Phillw

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 GS Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4

Hi Guys,
I have just managed to find a premium Amplifier Very Happy for my 2012 HSE which I am looking to retrofit. Trouble is I am desperate for the infotainment wiring diagrams for the 2012 car. Don’t forget the wiring diagram is different between the 2012 / 2010 cars. If anybody can help I would be very grateful. Without the wiring diagrams it is virtually impossible to upgrade and kind of makes the amplifier no better than an ash tray. If anybody has some good resolution pictures of the connectors / wiring of the premium amp that they would be able to PM me I would be most grateful.
Thank You.
Thumbs Up

Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE
Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 GS
Discovery 3 TDV6 S
Discovery 2 TD5
2009 Swift Conqueror
MSV-2 Extreme 

Post #99577929th Oct 2012 7:28 pm
buellbeast

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Pm me youe email address and ill send you the PDF for 2012MY. I have the premium amp in my car if your nearby i dont mind stripping it out for you to have a look.
 Club Forum Criminal !!!  
Post #99578829th Oct 2012 7:47 pm
Phillw

Thank You Buellbeast I have sent you a PM.

Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE
Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 GS
Discovery 3 TDV6 S
Discovery 2 TD5
2009 Swift Conqueror
MSV-2 Extreme 

Post #99579929th Oct 2012 8:01 pm
dangerdave

Admin note: post content removed at user request

Post #99580129th Oct 2012 8:03 pm
caverD3

If upgrading ther hi line system you will need one of these to take the signal off the Host optic fiber:

http://www.mobridge.us/products/most-digital-pre-amp

However they are still working on the MY12 system.
Ernest Hemmingway

Post #99585729th Oct 2012 10:12 pm
caverD3

Oh............... and my echo was fixed by the replacement of the Integrated (bluetooth) Audio Module.
Ernest Hemmingway

Post #99585929th Oct 2012 10:16 pm
Phillw

Hi CarverD3,
I am just replacing the amplifier in my 2012 D4 HSE from the High line amplifier to the Premium amplifier and then adding the additional speakers into the D pillar and door cards. I then hope to activate the Logic 7 using my MSV2 and get a better sound. The amplifier between the 2010 and the 2012 appear to be different. When I upgrade the Satnav system in my old D4 GS to also use the Logic 7 system, hacking into the lin / can bus and adding the MOST bus the sound difference for me was quite noticeable. I am hoping to get the same sort of improvement when I make this mod.
Good to know you got your echo fixed.
Thumbs Up

Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE
Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 GS
Discovery 3 TDV6 S
Discovery 2 TD5
2009 Swift Conqueror
MSV-2 Extreme 

Post #99586629th Oct 2012 10:32 pm
caverD3

Sorry thought you meant aftermarket amp.
What you are doing is what I would like to do. How is Colin going with the MY12 infotainment upgrades with the MSV2?

PS you will need to add the dash speaker too. Idea
Ernest Hemmingway

Post #99587729th Oct 2012 11:08 pm
Phillw

Good point about the centre dash speaker. Thumbs Up I need to pin down exactly which speakers I need to change. I think that MSV2 is all setup for the infotainment system on the 2012 car. I activated the park heating on my 2012 car using the MSV2 (Thank You Colin. Very much appreciated.) about 2 months ago and downloaded the CFG file. Need to check if the option is there to activate the amp / logic7. A quick look at the wiring diagram indicates that the wiring is the same between high and premium amp. I just might have to add the extra wires to each of the speakers. It would be really nice if the wiring was there for the additional speakers. I did try to get a look behind the D pillar for green and white leads but there was none. Green and white are the colours used in the 2010 car for the speakers. After looking at the wiring diagrams it appears that the colour for right speaker wires behind the D pillar has changed to brown/white and brown/blue. The left speaker behind the D pillar is now brown/yellow and white/green. I am going to have a quick look in a minute. The trouble is it is starting to turn a bit cold now so it is the wrong time of the year to start stripping out the car. Something I imagine you will not have to worry about in Australia. Nice and warm there. Lucky You. Mr. Green
Do you have 8 or 11 speakers?
Not sure what the specification would be for a car in Australia.

Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE
Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 GS
Discovery 3 TDV6 S
Discovery 2 TD5
2009 Swift Conqueror
MSV-2 Extreme 

Post #99621730th Oct 2012 8:17 pm
caverD3

Hi Phill

Last I heard Colin was still working on the MY12 ICE as it has changed from HK to Meridian. The amp and apeakers are still HK.
Where did you get the Logic 7 amp from? I think it is still the same HK unit. It would be nice if the wiring is there but no biggie if it isn't.
I have the 11 speaker Hi ICE. The 8 speaker Low line would be easy to upgrade with after market as it has an amp in the head unit and dosn't use the MOST.

How much are the speaker housings?

I guess you don't have a nice warm garage then?
Ernest Hemmingway

Post #99635131st Oct 2012 1:06 am
jonesy63

Location: Didn't we have a lovely time, the day we went to ...

Australia 2011 Discovery 4 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

caverD3 wrote:
The 8 speaker Low line would be easy to upgrade with after market as it has an amp in the head unit and dosn't use the MOST.

Hi Caver - the amp for the low line is under the drivers seat. I've been told it does use MOST - not sure if that is true. It would be good if I could get rid of the amp and use something else.

I'm currently planning upgrading the speakers in mine - going to three way front stage and will later add a sub to the tailgate again. The HK speakers in the MY11 base are definitely better than the D3 low lines, but still not hifi.

Cheers,
Rob

Post #99642331st Oct 2012 10:44 am
caverD3

Not sure about previous models but MY 2012 is intregrated come straight from head unit in the low line.
Have a look under the seat.
Suggest JBL MS8 it will give logic seven and very adjustable with auto Eq with a mic, if it is direct and not MOST. JBL own or are owned by Harmon.

Agree about speakers, but I can put up with it for a while..so much better than the old low line D3. HK apparently told LR to put some more deadening in the door so maybe not a bad idea as the woofers will be taking the 25-50Htz range.

JBL also do a low profile sub for the rear.
Ernest Hemmingway

Post #99645731st Oct 2012 12:17 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >