Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > My Discovery 4

My D4
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 18 of 22 <123 ... 171819 202122>
Ceekay

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

Laughing 10lb’s you must have switches heavier than that! I think I must drag about 1/4 tonne around with me Im like the last boy scout Laughing

Have you connected it to the aux batt and can it wake up and film at night say if disturbed? Thumbs Up
 D4 HSE Lux MY16 Club Waitomo
D3 HSE MY06 missing her still… 

Post #22601103rd Nov 2021 1:31 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Andy Foster

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

You just need a switched feed as it has an internal battery. Has a parking mode so if the car is hit the G sensors turn it on and start recording.

Got a trip to Scotland in a few weeks for are annual marshalling of the Scottish Boarders Rally so will see how it performs then Thumbs Up
 D4 MY15 SE TECH
D3 gone but never forgotten. 

Post #22601233rd Nov 2021 2:11 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Andy Foster

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Red LED lamp fitted to one of my extra lights in the boot for those nocturnal activities Whistle

D4 MY15 SE TECH

Post #226185612th Nov 2021 9:13 pm
gstuart

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Hi mate

Hope this finds u well Thumbs Up

That’s a really good idea with the boot LED lamp Bow down

Plus on the off chance have u ever installed a genuine spot light wiring loom at all plse , reason I ask is trying to find the spot light connectors that plug into the loom

Many thks

Post #226187212th Nov 2021 11:44 pm
Ceekay

Andy Foster wrote:
Red LED lamp fitted to one of my extra lights in the boot for those nocturnal activities Whistle

If people start knocking on your door when you have that light on you might want to double-lock …. Or invite them in, whatever takes ya fancy Laughing

Post #226187813th Nov 2021 12:19 am
Andy Foster

gstuart wrote:
Hi mate

Plus on the off chance have u ever installed a genuine spot light wiring loom at all plse , reason I ask is trying to find the spot light connectors that plug into the loom

Many thks

Hi pal I’m good thanks hope your good yourself.

I not fitted a genuine loom sorry but I’m sure plenty on here would have though so shouldn’t be too difficult to get a part number.

Ceekay I’m in the wilds of Scotland next weekend so will put it to the test Thumbs Up
 D4 MY15 SE TECH

Post #226193813th Nov 2021 3:29 pm
gstuart

Hi buddy

Good to hear ur good Thumbs Up

Many thks , taken some pics of the connector and some numbers off the connector and will post a thread to see if some recognises it

Got few bits I want to get done

D4 xenon headlights with the D4 wings
Front A bar
Sliding boot floor
Solar panel on roof
Spot lights or lightbar on the A bar

Did get my rock sliders fitted

Be careful in scotland as they wear kilts Rolling with laughter

Thks again

Click image to enlarge

Post #226194913th Nov 2021 4:13 pm
Ceekay

Andy Foster wrote:
gstuart wrote:
Hi mate

Many thks

Hi pal I’m good thanks hope your good yourself.

I not fitted a genuine loom sorry but I’m sure plenty on here would have though so shouldn’t be too difficult to get a part number.

Ceekay I’m in the wilds of Scotland next weekend so will put it to the test Thumbs Up

Ohh where you off Andy?
Im jealous now after missing our annual highlands road trip this year due to the dreaded covid!

Post #226222215th Nov 2021 12:55 am
Andy Foster

Looking good gstuart Thumbs Up

Ceekay me and a couple of mates marshal the Scottish Boarders Rally. It’s on a private estate in the Dumfries and Galloway forrest. It’s a great weekend plus you get to drive the course as well Thumbs Up
 D4 MY15 SE TECH

Post #226225815th Nov 2021 10:53 am
ronp

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Are you up in Fred Olson’s Forrest Lodge estate, Andy?

The bunch of softies (from SLROC - Scottish Land Rover Scotland owners club) I lead around the estate a couple of years ago.

Click image to enlarge
 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿  
Post #226226215th Nov 2021 11:14 am
Andy Foster

Yeah think that’s the place. Stunning part of the world. Been lucky with the weather the last couple of times although it does get cold in the forest when your just standing there all day. Would be nice to get some snow though but thinking it might be a bit early for that.
 D4 MY15 SE TECH

Post #226226815th Nov 2021 11:23 am
Ceekay

Sounds great Andy get wrapped up and enjoy Thumbs Up

Post #226227715th Nov 2021 12:38 pm
gstuart

Andy Foster wrote:
Looking good gstuart Thumbs Up

Ceekay me and a couple of mates marshal the Scottish Boarders Rally. It’s on a private estate in the Dumfries and Galloway forrest. It’s a great weekend plus you get to drive the course as well Thumbs Up

Many thks andy , alas must say very jealous of ur disco , an awesome build that you’ve done

In the spring will be nice to get the D4 headlight and wings on then the front A bar , still u sure if to fit spots of lightbar on the A bar , think I’ll wait till it’s fitted

That’s sounds awesome along with i image outstanding countryside , me envious never, lol Mr. Green

Thks again for sharing fantastic pics Thumbs Up

Post #226232315th Nov 2021 5:56 pm
Andy Foster

Your too kind sir you’ll have me blushing Embarassed

Yes the scenery is amazing. We usually have around a 2 hour gap between races on the Saturday so I usually go for a wander. Great being alone in the middle of nowhere.

Ceekay just added a pair of Barents Winter Pro trousers to my Fjallraven collection. Can’t wait to see how they perform in the cold Thumbs Up

D4 MY15 SE TECH

Post #226238115th Nov 2021 8:49 pm
gstuart

Not at all and ur so welcome , can see you’ve put a serious amount of hours into ur disco , honestly mate a credit to u

that scenery looks incredible, amazing the kind of awesome places we have here on our island

Bless u for the piccies

Plus hope u dont mind me asking and on the off chance do u happen to know how the external B and C panels come off plse , can’t see if there just clipped on, many thks

Looking forward to the spring when I can start on some of the mods I want to get done , as soon as I get this annoying health issue out the way I can spend the winter time sorting out that A bar , front bumper , etc etc

Thks again for sharing the piccies and hope the trousers work keep u warm in those barmy cold climate , not like down here in the south

Post #226238615th Nov 2021 8:59 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 18 of 22 <123 ... 171819 202122>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >