DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

dantheman wrote:
DSL wrote:
Gareth wrote:
Get one.

As he sez. ^^^^^^^ It’s only money. Thumbs Up

Says the man who's just sold his!! Whistle Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter I wondered who would notice that. Thumbs Up Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Post #203207426th Feb 2019 11:56 am
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Their criteria is elusive Paul ...the ultimate commitment is to warranty the vehicle for 3 years ...after that then it's technically all goodwill ...one can only imagine that the tick box exercise to determine cover of the crank beyond 3 years may include LR extended warranty, service history, number of keepers, mileage, age, customer history etc
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #203207626th Feb 2019 12:07 pm
John C

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

What about an old well maintained D3? They seem to be going for silly cheap money.

Just got back from a round trip to the Alps in mine and at 245K and 13.5 years old it's great motoring!

(Have had a new engine and gearbox in it in the past though!).

John
 2020 SDV6 D5 HSE, Carpathian Grey +
2022 Tesla Model Y LR... almost Carpathian Grey
Previously : 2005 TDV6 SE Auto, Cairns Blue (288K) - ours for 16 years 

Post #203207926th Feb 2019 12:20 pm
Pelyma

England 

DG wrote:
Their criteria is elusive Paul ...the ultimate commitment is to warranty the vehicle for 3 years ...after that then it's technically all goodwill ...one can only imagine that the tick box exercise to determine cover of the crank beyond 3 years may include LR extended warranty, service history, number of keepers, mileage, age, customer history etc

I thought you had said in the past that if you had LR extended warranty and you had serviced correctly LR would honour the crank rather than the warranty company but I can't find that post now.
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #203208126th Feb 2019 12:41 pm
Dave T

England 

Pelyma wrote:
DG wrote:
It's not going to be an endless level of cover....LR will have a criteria which if met will attract anything from a scalable %age contribution to full cover dependent on the vehicle age...or if any one or more of the criteria aren't met then probably nothing.

But the warranty will only be available for cars within a set age and mileage criteria, eg you wouldn't get a LR extended warranty on a 10 year old car with 200K miles. If LR extended warranty accept your car then anything that isn't a consumable or specifically excluded would be covered. Are you saying that crank failures that meet the servicing criteria are covered on a sliding scale of age and mileage? Or are you saying that if your car is over 3 years old LR will potentially contribute? If the latter then that is generous, but what people seem to want (and what I would have wanted to stay with LR in addition to better dealers) is their LR extended warranty to cover the crank either by way of LR paying out themselves or the warranty company to do so for the cost of the appropriate repair.

but WD cover it at present.........touch wood Thumbs Up
 Joined the BMWX5 45e group
1994 Defender 90

2015 RRS Corris Grey/Black roof
2016 D4 Graphite Santorini Black
2012 D4 XS Orkney Grey
2005 D3 S Maya Gold

Convoy for Heroes 2011 

Post #203208226th Feb 2019 12:49 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Pelyma wrote:
DG wrote:

I thought you had said in the past that if you had LR extended warranty and you had serviced correctly LR would honour the crank rather than the warranty company but I can't find that post now.

Yes that's what they told me on the phone ...but as with any warranty company ..they would still tick through all of the boxes before saying yes and to what extent ..I doubt in any circumstance they would just automatically cover it ..they would go through the exercise.
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #203209326th Feb 2019 1:19 pm
Hairy Dan

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Just go for a FFRR Ron, that's what I did Mr. Green Thumbs Up
 Cheers Ian
--------------------
Club N.E.R.D.S
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Discoless 

Post #203223626th Feb 2019 9:52 pm
RogB

United Kingdom 

DG wrote:
Pelyma wrote:
DG wrote:

Yes that's what they told me on the phone ...but as with any warranty company ..they would still tick through all of the boxes before saying yes and to what extent ..I doubt in any circumstance they would just automatically cover it ..they would go through the exercise.

I had warranty wise cover on one of my Freelanders, clutch and flywheel were covered under the policy wear and tear clause (confirmed in black & white)
so when the slave cylinder seals popped @ 60k (inside the bell housing) and leaked oil onto the clutch plate and flywheel I put in a claim... but they refused to pay out saying that as I had driven it with a leaking slave cylinder I had breached the payout terms.
im now very very wary of aftermarket warranties

Post #20340295th Mar 2019 8:04 am
ronp

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

This is the sort of thing with the D4 that's holding me a back at the moment.

https://www.disco4.com/forum/just-broke-179300.html

Confused
 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿  
Post #20340355th Mar 2019 9:07 am
DIY Ace

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Older but cared-for D3 is the way to go.

I have been running a FL2 for the past five years and covered 120,000 miles without a sniff of a breakdown or fault save for a wheel bearing under warranty.

Always wanted a D3 so four weeks ago I bought a 2005 with 130,000 miles. HSE spec is better than the FL2 and it is so much comfier, roomier and more capable. Paid £4000 which is the same value as my FL2 so I’m no worse off.

HOWEVER!! In four weeks I’ve committed to new belts, new battery, new pumps, new steering rack, new torque converter (ouch) and last weekend my park brake snapped and seized. Oh, and it leaks like a sieve. About £2500 so far. Big Cry

Weirdly the cost vs happiness ratio seems to run inversely proportionally. The more I spend the more I love the car. I think. For sure. I hope. Shocked

In the meantime keeping the FL2 running ‘just in case’. Will sell it when the D3 is fully sorted in a few weeks time.

Heart rules head in my mind (if that’s not a contradiction).
 2022 BMW i4 M50. Bought Oct 2022. 10,200 miles and counting...
2014 BMW 435d convertible. Bought July 2021. 58,000 miles and counting...
2005 Discovery 3 HSE Auto. Bought Feb 2019. 169,000 miles and counting...
2009 Freelander 2 XS Manual. Bought Sep 2013. SOLD Aug 2021 (already regretted!)

https://youtube.com/channel/UCO_u_0D45x9KGfiNstzLJnw 

Post #20340915th Mar 2019 1:59 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >