DISCO4.COM > Technical (D4)

D4 hesitation
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
xcentric

2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4
D4 hesitation

Help!

In usual usage my D4 is fine. But when loaded for an expedition, and climbing a steep gradient, the behaviour is, frankly, dangerous. If you stop on the incline, and then try to pull away (in low ratio), you can put your foot flat on the floor for a good few seconds (5-7, sometimes more) before anything happens, and then it launches you forwards with wheel scrabble, in our case straight towards the precipice and a 300' drop. Driving off-road in the Pyrenees was quite an adventure enough without this behaviour.

No fault codes on IIDTool, however. Not brushing the brake pedal, either. Took it to dealer who, after 5 hours, told me it had no fault codes and so nothing wrong. Who can I take it to to have this investigated - I appreciate the dealer can only plug it in, but they are seemingly unable to offer any ideas as to how to address this. Happy to drive it somewhere to show a knowledgeable LR tech the behaviour, but it seems that if the computer doesn't tell our dealer techs what's wrong, they have no interest in finding anything else out.

thanks,
Russell.

Post #170825419th Sep 2016 7:03 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >