Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General (D4)

D4 Hse part exchange prices
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Gt.Mooglywoogly

England 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4
D4 Hse part exchange prices

With all of this excitement about the new specs, it thought that I would make some enquiries about changing my 2 year old HSE with 30K on the clock.
So Far I have received two offers of £30K. So It looks like its price is dropping rather rapidly, and suprisingly even with this hyped up demand.

Anyone had better a decent PX price.???

38% depreciation in two years !! Big Cry

Looks like I maybe going for a private sale when the weather gets bad!!!

Post #8327827th Sep 2011 11:22 pm
dazsear

England 

I paid £29k in Jan for a 2yr old D3 when prices were at their strongest, that price is about right for a trade in I'd say at this time of the year.

Daz
 17 4.4 Autobiography FFRR
57 VW Transporter - now gone!
09 D3 HSE in Black - long gone!
08 RRS TDV8 HST - long long gone! 

Post #8328068th Sep 2011 12:27 am
harryjamesinleinster

2009 Discovery 4 TDV6 Commercial Manual Atacama SandDiscovery 4
Re: D4 Hse part exchange prices

You are better off waiting for another 12 months and going for the dealer trade-in when at end of standard warranty. The depreciation levels off a bit then!

On this matter, it is difficult to know what is an "average" mileage these days. They used to assume 12K per annum, but it is more like 15-20K miles these days I think!

Post #8329028th Sep 2011 12:10 pm
TC

United Kingdom 

I think £30K is a pretty decent price, if you consider they have to put on £6K to cover the VAT plus whatever the required margin is, say for arguments sake £1500 that would give a pitch price of £37500 for your car - there is currently a 59 plate HSE up on LRUK search engine for £35,850 (albeit with 10K more on the clock than yours)

Compared to what's available through the dealer network, yours is reasonably high mileage (would be second highest for age of any car)

You could try ringing a few more dealers and see if you can up the bid, you might get someone to go £31K on it but I doubt it.

The only time I have ever avoided the loss of the dreaded VAT was in selling an e61 M5 but that is a pure situation of demand massively out stripping supply - essentially dealers can sell good versions of that car (and others of a similar position) all day off a pitch at prices way above book. I actually made £4.5K selling that car.....ultimately the profit in residual simply offset the lunatic running costs of the car

You either bite their hand off now and write off the loss (a fair loss I think) or do as has been suggested and sit tight for another year at least.

You will loose money on this one as you will the next one......selling it privately will no doubt net you more from the sale however you have to get someone to buy it first; I wouldn't give anyone £32 / £33K for a private sale on a car, they may have a manufacturers warranty but there is no comeback for anything else.....sold as seen and all that.

Post #8329128th Sep 2011 12:37 pm
Smarticus

2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4

TC wrote:
I think £30K is a pretty decent price, if you consider they have to put on £6K to cover the VAT plus whatever the required margin is, say for arguments sake £1500 that would give a pitch price of £37500 for your car

The vast majority of motor retailers apply the VAT margin scheme whereby they only account for VAT on their profit. So in your example above the gross selling price would only be £31,800 not £37,500.
 Disco 4 TDV6HSE
Defender 200TDi CSW
RR Evoque 

Post #8332409th Sep 2011 1:35 am
Budweiser

2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

I've been offered £37k by two dealers against a new vehicle which I thought was very good considering the actual cost to change was about £7k (BMW and Jaguar dealers) Mr. Green

Post #8333439th Sep 2011 12:37 pm
Gazellio

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 4 TDV6 SE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

VAT is 20% of profit Margin excluding costs. Pure Difference between buying and selling prices.

TC is right they need about £6k to cover VAT and business/staff running costs plus a bit of net profit then tax....

Post #86024017th Nov 2011 8:44 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >