Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > My Discovery 4

D4 ordered !
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
pjgraham86

Scotland 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 4
D4 ordered !

Deep breaths all round - D4 finally ordered after much humming and hawing about justifying the expenditure. In the end me and the Mrs just decided we want it and we're having it. Details so far:-

D4 XS (2012 MY)
metallic grey (called Orkney now - apparently same as Lunar grey on the Jags)
almond interior
privacy glass
rear camera
heated steering wheel
xenons
adjustable tow bar (dealer fit)
sunroofs

Likely to be delivered late September - can't wait.

pjg

Post #8040086th Jun 2011 4:29 pm
KevG

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Bali BlueDiscovery 4

Very nice. Similar spec to what I want but I'm still trying to justify expenditure, I think it'll be the same in the end, ie. we want it so we're having it, a money belts no good under a shroud is it Very Happy

Post #8040106th Jun 2011 4:36 pm
mrandmrsh

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tangiers OrangeDiscovery 3

Fantastic - any ideas on expected dates yet? I ordered mine a week ago and not heard anything - dunno how quick I can expect to hear when my slot is....

Craig
 2012 Defender 110 XS Utility 2.2
2012 D4 Commercial 255 8-speed, Active diff, lots of extras on order, comes Sept - ORDER CANCELLED (isn't divorce expensive....?)
2008/08 D3 HSE G4 - part exchanged for the 110
1987 110 CSW with 200 Tdi (now gone)
2007/57 D3 TDV6 HSE - NOW GONE owned 1/oct/08 to 31/dec/09
2007 Seat Altea Freetrack4 170 tdi (wife's car, wife now gone!) 

Post #8040166th Jun 2011 5:18 pm
pjgraham86

Kev/Craig,

I was told that delivery would be September. The dealer's general manager had a meeting with LR on Thursday at which he was told that their allocation would be 2 Discos for August build and 4 for September - less than he hoped for and not enough for him to meet sales targets ! Anyway, I won't be in a position to pay for the car till (probably) late Sept so I opted for one of the 4 September cars.

He offered us a weekend test drive in an XS which is in the showroom at the moment and which they will be registering as a demo next Monday. Shame we couldn't have it this weekend for our trip away with bikes, kids and dogs to the Highlands !! Anyway, I've got my name down for the weekend of 24/25 June and will report back after that.

I'll let you guys know when I have more specifics on dates.

Cheers

Peter

Post #8041606th Jun 2011 10:27 pm
wiggs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Congrats Thumbs Up

Mine went down the line today Very Happy
 G4 Gone ...but not forgotten  
Post #8041626th Jun 2011 10:30 pm
highbayrack

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto LuxorDiscovery 4

wiggs wrote:

Mine went down the line today Very Happy

I'm hopeing mine will be leaving the factory gates and going down the M1 on Friday on it's way the the dealers in Bedford Laughing
 On a mission to find the perfect Pork Pie. Just Found it (I think)..(Yes I have)
Official product sponsor for "Bloodhound SSC" 1000+ mph world land speed record 

Post #8048408th Jun 2011 8:56 pm
pjgraham86

We are getting an 11 plate D4 XS for a 24 hour test drive from tonight - we might even get to keep it till Sunday if the dealer doesn't need it.

We've no plans to go off roading but very keen to get a general feel for the car and it's features.

The dealer has also given us a voucher for a half day LR experience which we will definitely be using !javascript:emoticon('Mr. Green')

SWMBO is now thinking that she'd quite like to have the surround camera and not just the rear camera which I've ordered. It's a lot of cash but I suppose it will help her when she's towing her horsebox so on balnace probably worth it. It might even save me a few scrapes on my alloys.....couldn't possibly comment as to who is more likely to be responsible for that !!javascript:emoticon('Whistle') Mr. Green

Post #81055324th Jun 2011 11:53 am
mrandmrsh

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tangiers OrangeDiscovery 3

Any ideas when in the process the build spec is locked down? Mine is due in Sept too (build date is 9th Sept) but I keep adding stuff to my order so it will be a relief when I can no longer spend any more.....

Craig
 2012 Defender 110 XS Utility 2.2
2012 D4 Commercial 255 8-speed, Active diff, lots of extras on order, comes Sept - ORDER CANCELLED (isn't divorce expensive....?)
2008/08 D3 HSE G4 - part exchanged for the 110
1987 110 CSW with 200 Tdi (now gone)
2007/57 D3 TDV6 HSE - NOW GONE owned 1/oct/08 to 31/dec/09
2007 Seat Altea Freetrack4 170 tdi (wife's car, wife now gone!) 

Post #81057824th Jun 2011 1:04 pm
pjgraham86

I have to admit that my order only went "into the system" yesterday. I sat and watched the dealer general manager punching in the details at his PC !

He reckoned my cut off for factory spec changes would be around 10 August but I'd imagine that if your dealer has given you a specific September build date he should be able to tell you exactly when you can spend no more !!

He also told me (although I am a bit sceptical) that whilst the system came back with a delivery date of 14 October (I looked suitably horrified at that), the date will be brought forward once the cut off for sold stock has come and gone (close of business tonight BTW). Apparently the orders are "sorted" after the cut off. He is confident that I will get the car second half of September.

Slightly off topic but he couldn't seem to find an option on his screen for the long bright finish roof rails, which I would like to specify. Hopefully he'll have the answer on that tonight when we pick up the loanie.

Cheers

Peter

Post #81060024th Jun 2011 2:06 pm
pjgraham86

I think we are going to change our minds about the colour.

We ordered Orkney Grey but having looked at Paul C's pictures, I reckon it's probably a bit too light for our taste. We had originally plumped for Stornoway (which obviously is not now available) as that seemed to be a darker shade.

We now think we will go for Buckingham Blue, particularly as it will match up well with the almond/nutmeg interior. BTW, loved the look of that interior on Paul's pics - defo the right choice for us - thanks Paul !

I've been on holiday for a couple of weeks and had forgotten that we had asked the dealer to check availability of the long roof rails in the bright finish. I seem to recall that for MY11 they were a £368 option but all I can see on the options list for 2012 are the extended black rails. SWMBO is going to see the surround cameras in action at the dealership on Thursday so hopefully she can find out then...

P

Post #81830018th Jul 2011 2:02 pm
row_perfect

2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4

pjgraham86 wrote:
We ordered Orkney Grey but having looked at Paul C's pictures, I reckon it's probably a bit too light for our taste. We had originally plumped for Stornoway (which obviously is not now available) as that seemed to be a darker shade.

We now think we will go for Buckingham Blue, particularly as it will match up well with the almond/nutmeg interior. BTW, loved the look of that interior on Paul's pics - defo the right choice for us - thanks Paul !

I'm in exactly the same boat - had ordered Baltic/Almond, which got changed to Buckingham. Was now considering Orkney/Ebony. Have you got a link to those pictures?

I'm hoping to get to the dealer tonight to see the colours in person.

Post #81831618th Jul 2011 2:39 pm
pjgraham86

Hi row_perfect - hope this link works. If not you can find Paul's pictures in his post under the "D4 ordered - but which colour?" thread.

Cheers

P

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic64279-15.html

Post #81839618th Jul 2011 5:41 pm
pjgraham86

I should probably add that I don't dislike the Orkney Grey. It's a lovely colour but too close in shade to our current (two!) silver cars. Basically, we are ready for a change and the Buckingham Blue looks to be quite a deep, rich blue which will respond well to polishing with the many products I have in my shed !! That said, I'm sure it will probably show up the muck and (God forbid) the scratches a bit more readily than the grey.

P

Post #81839918th Jul 2011 5:44 pm
AlexJ

United Kingdom 

I hope you all have better luck amending the specification on your orders than me!
I had a 28 sept build date, upon trying to add to the spec, 5 days after the specification and options were released, my car was technically "in build" and not spec adjustable, thats 11 weeks, when 6 weeks is apparently the normal limit!
The 2 week August shutdown has been cited as the reason.

Post #81848018th Jul 2011 8:53 pm
row_perfect

2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4

I went to see the dealer last night. I wasn't a great fan of Buckingham Blue - it looked more off-black than blue. I understand it looks better in bright sunlight, but lets face it, I live in England! In the showroom lighting Orkney looked barely different to Stornaway. Also with a kid and a mud-loving Labrador, ebony is probably the sensible interior choice!

Post #81858019th Jul 2011 6:53 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >