Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > In Car Electronics (D4)

D4 Xenon,Angel eye and Cornering lamp conversion.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
bellautos

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
D4 Xenon,Angel eye and Cornering lamp conversion.

I post this news of my latest upgrade on my XS D4 with an especially big thanks to digitaljunior for supplying me a sample set of new D4 Adaptive headlights of which without this would not have been possibile. Thanks M8 your a star Thumbs Up

Moving onto the fitting of these lamps which of course gave me Angel eye LED's, factory Xenons and the fantastic facility of cornering lamps.

The lamps were a plug and play in respect of the fitting and plug connections etc, this however only gave me the side light as the Angel eye without the xenons and cornering working as they were not enabled on my car at the factory.
So me being me picked up the old faithfull Faultmate MSV2 of which you already know gives me the facility to change the cars configuration to whatever I want just as if it were done at the factory when I ordered the car, I proceeded and turned on the lamps in the CCF, lone behold 15 mins later fully working factory Xenons along with the cornering lamps and Angel eyes Mr. Green

As you have read I did actually fit the fully Adaptive lamp set which contain the Angel eye LED's I needed, but because I dont have the wireing and the AFL module in my car this function of the light would never work and doesn't but it does not affect the functionality of the rest of the light what so ever.
I may one day think about retro fitting the AFL module and needed wires to complete what I believe is an already a fantastic upgrade to my car.

A few pics below, they are not very good quality as they were only taken on my Iphone.

Pete

Last edited by bellautos on 27th Mar 2010 11:48 pm. Edited 2 times in total 
Post #62034813th Mar 2010 8:09 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
GraemeS

Australia 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

Very good. I reckoned the wiring for the cornering lamps was installed but not enabled.
Is there a holder for the cornerning globe or does the globe fit directly into the hole?

Post #62035513th Mar 2010 8:39 pm
bellautos

Yes you are correct in that the wire is there for the cornering lamps, just not the adaptive part.

The cornering lamp is a 35W H7 bulb which is in the same place as the side light would be in a halogen light because the side light is not used on the adaptives as we have Angel eyes instead.

Now i just need to find some Ice White 35W H7's to replace the corner bulbs with which will keep the colour more simlar to the Xenons.

Pete

Post #62035913th Mar 2010 8:44 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

Interesting that the the lamps need CCF intervention to get them to work. However, there is something not right with the installation, as the LEDs should be illuminated in all three of your pictures. The two with the headlamp on show the LEDs (read sidelight) off.

Post #62039013th Mar 2010 9:45 pm
bellautos

They are installed ok.
The first picture is with the lights on via the key fob which is why the LEDs dont show as this is not part of a key fob action.
The next picture is just bad quailty from my iPhone they was actually on as is should be it just does not show clearly.

Pete

Post #62048614th Mar 2010 1:09 am
GraemeS

[quote="bellautos"]The cornering lamp is a 35W H7 bulb[/quote
My handbook has the cornering globs as H8. The globes don't have the H7 connector.

Post #62049814th Mar 2010 3:14 am
GraemeS

Winger wrote:
Interesting that the the lamps need CCF intervention to get them to work.

I suppose it leaves the way open to monitor when the globe is not working, but unless that gets reported to the driver its of no use. If not for monitoring then I suspect its a case of 'you can't have it because you didn't pay for it'.

Post #62049914th Mar 2010 3:20 am
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

It was the latter that I meant.

Post #62054014th Mar 2010 10:23 am
bellautos

I have an offer on here if anyone is intrested in a conversion.

http://www.disco4.com/forum/topic48751.html

Pete

Post #62845727th Mar 2010 11:49 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >