Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Discovery 5 - L462

D5 accessories
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

al cope wrote:
there's nothing wrong with my D4, its a great car, done 42k miles, was 3yrs old end of Oct, and still wasnt really sure about the D5. The Censored end still doesnt still too well with me, but I aint planning on looking at the back that much, as the veiw from the drivers seat is a nice place to be when compared to the D4. The black pack improves the rear fractionally (ok not much).

But I decided after 2 D3's and 2 D4's I fancied something a little more up to date (just as I did when moving from a TD5 to the first D3, and I wasnt sure about the D3 when it first came out), and got a deal I was happy to take on this D5 HSE, so here goes.

Happy to take 27.5k for my D4 if anyone wants it - there isnt a mark on it Whistle

Al

Thanks. šŸ‘
I was just wondering if there was any incentive to change, as in a particularly good trade in price. Late model D4 prices vary considerably but seem to be holding up well.
 2006 D3 HSE (Original & still the best)-GONE
2010 D4 HSE (A bit bling)-GONE
2014 D4 HSE (Almost too bling)-GONE
2015 D4 HSE (A heated what?)-GONE
2016 D4 Landmark (Written Off)-GONE
2016 D4 Landmark (Surely the last!) PD1881 rims-GONE
2017 FFRR SDV8 Autobiography 

Post #201145121st Dec 2018 12:49 am
al cope

England 

So I havnt got it yet but lots of questions (so that I can get prepared), so go with me please

LR want daft money for the towbar (fixed one), but Witter/Brink etc do that for a lot less, BUT it would appear that you cant buy the towing wiring loom on its own, it only comes with LR's towbar!!

But you can buy the 13pin loom for the latest RRS (L494) VPLWT0114. Does anyone know if this is really the same as the D5 underneath (so same socket to plug into?)

Anyone fitted any of the aftermarket roof rails - there seems to be a few suppliers around. I used both aftermarket and genuine of previous D3/D4's without any issues but in looking at the fitting instructiosn for the genuine ones it looks like there might be some replacements trim supplied which doesnt appear to be in the aftremarket ones (I Know, you pays your money and takes your chioce.

I think I am right in saying that uncle rays spare wheel protector for the D5 is the same as for the pre adblu D4 (so OK for a 19" rim and not quite big enough for a 22") - correct?

more questions to come I'm sure Thumbs Up

Thanks
Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Gone - MY18 D5 HSE - Corris on 22's with Black Pack
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker
Ancient - D3 TDV6 S - Tonga with Ebony, 20" Stormers, satnav & DVD 

Post #201156021st Dec 2018 2:08 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Iā€™d ask Dan at Duckworths re the towing electrics. šŸ‘

Post #201156721st Dec 2018 2:29 pm
al cope

England 

already have - he's the one thats said D5 wiring loom isnt availible on its own, only comes with the towbar, but that is what it will say on the LR parts system, it doesnt mean its also not used somewhere else under a different part code - the trick is working out which one. Over time on the forum we've found quite a few parts by doing this Thumbs Up

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark
Now gone - MY16 D4 SE Tech, Loire Blue, Almond Leather, Privacy, plus some other goodies.
Old - MY12 D4 SDV6 XS Auto - Ipanema Sand with Almond Leather - Plus other niceties, and D4.com sticker
Older - D3 TDV6 XS Auto - Lugano Teal with Almond Leather, 20" Stormers, Shiny Tailpipes, DVD/TV - and obligatory D3 sticker

Post #201157321st Dec 2018 2:37 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
LT

I was thinking that he might be able to visibly compare the two if he had them in stock.

Post #201157921st Dec 2018 2:48 pm
duckworthparts
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 

apologies probably wasn't too clear earlier.

As such there is no kit available for the D5 tow electrics, I can obtain the towing loom LR108267 but I can't confirm whether this is complete with tow socket.
 Send a paypal payment direct using this link https://paypal.me/duckworthparts

Direct Line: 01673 849873
Email: sophie.alltoft@duckwrth.co.uk
Supplier of Genuine Land Rover & Jaguar Parts For All Models

Can also supply OEM & Aftermarket parts

Post #201158221st Dec 2018 2:55 pm
jimbg

United Kingdom 

al cope wrote:
So I havnt got it yet but lots of questions (so that I can get prepared), so go with me please

LR want daft money for the towbar (fixed one), but Witter/Brink etc do that for a lot less, BUT it would appear that you cant buy the towing wiring loom on its own, it only comes with LR's towbar!!

But you can buy the 13pin loom for the latest RRS (L494) VPLWT0114. Does anyone know if this is really the same as the D5 underneath (so same socket to plug into?)

Anyone fitted any of the aftermarket roof rails - there seems to be a few suppliers around. I used both aftermarket and genuine of previous D3/D4's without any issues but in looking at the fitting instructiosn for the genuine ones it looks like there might be some replacements trim supplied which doesnt appear to be in the aftremarket ones (I Know, you pays your money and takes your chioce.

I think I am right in saying that uncle rays spare wheel protector for the D5 is the same as for the pre adblu D4 (so OK for a 19" rim and not quite big enough for a 22") - correct?

more questions to come I'm sure Thumbs Up

Thanks
Al

What's wrong with asking on the D5 forum https://disco5.co.uk/forum/index.php

Certainly info there on roof rails, tow bars etc. Very Happy

Post #201158521st Dec 2018 2:57 pm
Someone-Gone

United Kingdom 

Stop being a tight wad, youre getting a D5, tons of money, just order it up and be done with it. Thumbs Up

Post #201158621st Dec 2018 2:58 pm
al cope

England 

^^ - there's a big difference between spending my hard earned and LR sucking it out of me Whistle

And if I save a bit on some stuff it means I can buy more other stuff for it Bow down

@ Dan - if its the right loom to plug into the car (at the car end), I am happy to add the 13pin socket.

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark

Post #201159621st Dec 2018 3:24 pm
duckworthparts
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 

It is indeed Al

Post #201159821st Dec 2018 3:27 pm
duckworthparts
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 

Ā£80.00 delivered

Post #201159921st Dec 2018 3:27 pm
al cope

England 

Cheers Dan. Could be ordering one of those once the car is here šŸ‘šŸ»

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark

Post #201163721st Dec 2018 4:48 pm
Russell

United Kingdom 

Roof trims for vehicle with no roof bars have the markings on the underside so in theory you can drill and cut them out just a bit time consuming
Wheel protector will fit but it depends on how big the wheels are on the car you get as to how much of a gap is around the outside of the protector to wheel edge
Tow electrics what happens if there is a fault with the tow electric wiring on a factory got tow bar
There must be a wiring kit available for warranty work
 MY17 D5 1st Edition Namib Orange
MY15 D4 HSE Kaikoura Stone
MY12 D4 HSE Nara Bronze Sold and gone
MY11 D4 HSE Stornaway Grey Sold and gone
D3 S spec Silver Sold and gone
Tow bar, full length roof bars, side steps, tow bar storage unit, surround camers.
D4 camera club 

Post #201167821st Dec 2018 6:28 pm
al cope

England 

Cheers Russ. 22ā€™s on the new one so will get a new wheel protector anyway as my current one is the d4 adblu version.

Al
 Volvo XC90 B5 Plus Dark

Post #201169021st Dec 2018 7:12 pm
Russell

United Kingdom 

The old wheel securing devise will work but it leavs a gap around the protector ans the wheel rim, I dont think you would be able to cut the wheel winch cable, but I took no chances and got a nice stainless one made
 MY17 D5 1st Edition Namib Orange
MY15 D4 HSE Kaikoura Stone
MY12 D4 HSE Nara Bronze Sold and gone
MY11 D4 HSE Stornaway Grey Sold and gone
D3 S spec Silver Sold and gone
Tow bar, full length roof bars, side steps, tow bar storage unit, surround camers.
D4 camera club 

Post #201177822nd Dec 2018 7:06 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >