Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > In Car Electronics (D4)

DAB+ retrofit - 2010 car
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
M3DPO

England 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

LIAMMCL wrote:
My 2010 D4 DAB reception is p*ss poor in Northumberland and most other places I've driven in the country. I'd love to know if this box would acutally improve reception before spending £500

Mines the same, DAB is a waste of time IMHO and I’ve got a facelift model, nearly as good as the useless tv Laughing
 It can when others can't,
It will when others won't,
It goes where others don't. 

Post #210234428th Nov 2019 9:48 am
lrovy

France 2010 LR4 5.0 V8 HSE Auto Unknown ColourLR4

Resurrection time...

Did a lot of investigation myself, learning from scratch, but got stuck and need some help from experts. Yes, did the RTFM 5 times prior checking with you guys.

It is Discovery 4/LR4, NAS spec, 2010 (manufacturing June, so it falls to MY11? - there were no changes between MY10 & MY11 from the infotainment HW side, so all should be the same).

Got the DAB module from Censored and... discovered that it takes two inputs whilst my Sirius aka SDAR module (it is NAS spec) was happy with single input and as such connector is single.

Forced myself to look at wiring diagram to investigate what's going on.

Findings...(wiring diagram based => 415-00 (sheet 7)
SDAR (D350) takes single input indeed and it is is different wiring than the one required for DAB. Module side it is C2223-1 gold plated and goes to SDAR antenna (F210) via P,05D,2160.

DAB (D350) takes dual input:
- C2222-1 (Glass Roof version) goes via R,05D,2160 to C3561-1 and plugs in to Antenna DAB (F220) which only has RF Out, nothing in, no aerial.
- C2222-2 (Glass Roof version) goes via R,05D,3470 to C3381-1 goes to Amplifier DAB (F256), which is grounded and has aerial connection.

I've no clue how to de-cipher module control numbers F256, etc. legend says ignore it, but it has some meaning.

DAB is connected to the rest only via MOST (In/Out)

Questions and problems:
- F256 -
a) where is the the DAB amplifier?
Is it the 19G255C? If yes, then location is known.
AMPLIFIER GREEN, SINGLE WIRE CONNECTOR DIGITAL AUDIO BROADCAST, HD RADIO BROADCAST, HD AND SIRIUS RADIO BROADCAST, (V)AA000001- -(V)BA999999

b) where is the connection going to the DAB antenna? There is no connector number on the wiring diagram

- F220 -
c) where is the antenna?
Is it the 18A984A? https://allbrit.de/epc.cfm?PAGE=4150205A&a...EN#18A984A
It looks like the antenna is the same type as for SIRIUS - is it the same item or is it different?

The number shows as 18A984A (Sunroof version).
The worry that antenna is different comes from the fact that pricing is different between SDAR and DAB one, where DAB comes out at half price almost.

- wiring
d) knowing it is NAS spec car, may I dream and expect that by any chance wiring is the same and done? That would be wonderful as all what I'd need to do is just find the connectors and plug them or prep the connectors (worse). The worst would be if I'd need to do the wiring (hope it's not the case).

Still have no clue if wiring is done (yes, I can check physically, but don't know where to look for it, where connectors could be hidden or where fakra is located and the car is at the garage trying to get FM working - other thread).

On the DAB module angle, seems like the ones showing FoMoCo are the right ones for Disco 4 marked as AH42-19C032-AE, though there is code below AH42-14D401-AA too. The lower code changes more.
Is this a correct one?

Found also similar ones marked as for Disco 4 and Evoque, but worry is that thes might not be a good fit: 6H52-19C032-AH

Some sellers advertise Jag one marked with CPLA-14F720-BN/CPLA-14D401-BB though further investigation shows often reference to the car manufacturing year 2013+ and suggests it is more a DAB+ one which won't be a good fit for the older infotainment which is in the MY10/MY11.

Please help and hope is that it is such a comprehensive that it will help others. Smile

UPDATE1: looks like part of mystery might be de-cloaked - the green amplifier 19G255C, smells to be splitting single antenna into two FM and DAB wiring and seems to be the same as FM amplifier? Then it also means that I might even have it already as it smells to be the same (same row) as for Sirius.
Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks!

Post #211340516th Jan 2020 8:49 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >