Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

iCarSoft LR v1.0 (was: Diagnostics in Cambridge area?)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
cleland72

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3
iCarSoft LR v1.0 (was: Diagnostics in Cambridge area?)

Looking for someone who can read the fault codes on the D3 V8 in the Cambridge area - happy to pay.

Drove the D3 about 40, uneventful, miles today, parked up for a couple of hours, came back to 'Engine Systems Fault', 'Transmission Fault', 'Special Programs Unavailable', 'Limited Gears Available', big F in the speedo LCD display Crying or Very sad

Got started up and drove off, albeit definitely with more revs per mph than normal. After a couple of miles stopped to get petrol (V8 SOP Laughing ) and on restarting the gearbox fault had cleared but still 'Engine Systems Fault' and the yellow engine light in the rev counter. Made it back home (about 40 miles) but didn't exceed 55mph (by choice) and although we were doing 55 at 1,500rpm which seems about right, the exhaust note was different which makes me think it was probably on a special map for limp mode. I'll see what happens tomorrow.

Supposed to be driving to Italy in about a month, so need to get on top of this sharpish. My gut instinct is that it's the autobox as it's been a bit funky as long as I've owned the D3 (about a year) - pulling away from standstill can sometimes be a bit jerky - brake off, power on, nothing for maybe half a second and then snatches into motion. It also tends to hunt around 1,500rpm when you're driving about 5 minutes after a cold start, goes after another 5 minutes or so. I'm suspecting a sticking valve or unhappy TC.

TIA.

Post #202032419th Jan 2019 10:42 pm
cleland72

So, seeing as there didn't seem to be anyone local who could help read my fault codes, I got an iCarSoft LR 1.0 from diagnostic-world.com (ordered Sunday night, arrived today) - it's the successor to the i930 and a similar price.

It is a reader, so apart from clearing fault codes and resetting the service indicator it doesn't really write to the car, so you can't (as far as I can see in my short try out) do things like reset the EPB or calibrate the SLS. However it does seem to be able to read faults and live values from pretty much everything on the D3 - most importantly to me it does the autobox oil temperature (so I can check the level), I've also got a live readout of steering angle, so it seems to know the LR specific stuff.

Anyhow, it's also not VIN-locked, so if anyone needs diagnostics read around Cambridge they're welcome Smile It seems to do pretty much everything Land Rover and there's also Jaguar on the menu but I've not looked in there.

Post #202166123rd Jan 2019 9:27 pm
XDAndy

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

Can I ask, how’s gearbo oil temperature relate to oil level?

Still getting a ‘grinding hum’ after a propshaft change, so would be interest3d in understanding how to monitor Th situation

Kind regards

Andy

Post #202170624th Jan 2019 12:01 am
L319

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

You need to check the oil level at specific oil temperature.

Post #202171524th Jan 2019 12:23 am
cleland72

XDAndy wrote:
Can I ask, how’s gearbo oil temperature relate to oil level?

Still getting a ‘grinding hum’ after a propshaft change, so would be interest3d in understanding how to monitor Th situation

Kind regards

Andy

As L319 says you have to check the oil level in the autobox as 'fill to spill with the engine running and the oil temperature at between 30 and 35 dg. C.' - it's great fun on the V8 with the exhaust cross-over just by the filler plug!

I *think* that the new prop shaft might have been a red herring with me, I found a steering rod end that was seriously worn and was letting the front nearside wheel wobble from side to side. Swapped that out a couple of weeks back and it seems to be better, not 100% sure yet though.

Post #202175624th Jan 2019 9:05 am
nickbos

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Sorry, have just seen this. Same offer, same place. I live just outside of Peterborough and have an iCarSoft LRII to hand. This is a reader only. If anyone locally needs the fault codes read on any Landrover or Jag (it does all models; Defenders, Discos, Freelanders), PM me. Note I don't log on to this forum every day.

Post #202212825th Jan 2019 8:21 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >