Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Faults & Fixes (D4)

Died!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Pedros

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
Died!!

Well, the other day I went to the garage to pick up some Calor gas. Parked nose in to the corner parking space, where the gas is, they're heavy! Did the deal, got in the car and pushed the start button. Nothing! Lights etc working, but not even attempting to start.

To cut a long story short, a battery pack and jump leads failed to make any difference, so got it recovered to a garage. Incidentally not a LR garage. I said to them that I thought it might be the starter motor or perhaps an earth lead had broken free, as they have a wont to do.

With not too much faffing about, it did indeed turn out to be an earth strap. Although the mechanic couldn't locate where the errant strap was! So he's fitted two new ones (to be sure, to be sure). And the jobs a good 'un.

Just a wee tale I'm telling in the hope that if it happens to someone else, they might have an idea of what's wrong.

Post #232428227th Jan 2023 2:14 am
popsdosh

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Well documented on this forum , however still catches you out when it happens . Which reminds me to do a more permanent job on mine as its still got the temporary fix that got it home from Tescos about 9 months ago. They really couldnt have put the original strap in a more awkward place!

Post #232429827th Jan 2023 10:03 am
mjom89

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

Sounds familiar - it’s happened to me on two Discos now. The best one at a round about when the car stopped (stop/start) and then was unable to restart!

Post #232458729th Jan 2023 6:34 pm
rainbow

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 4

Ah! D4 has been fine since the last little fix. Drove home from work this evening; asked OH to go and put some fuel in for me while I did other stuff; and it just wouldn't start. Lights ok etc. Will have to search on here for more information on the Earth straps .....

Post #23388267th Jun 2023 9:01 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >