DISCO4.COM > In Car Electronics (D4)

disco 4 rear seat audio control problems
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
shawn

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Bali BlueDiscovery 4
disco 4 rear seat audio control problems

Hi All

I dont seem to be able to get the rear audio controls to work on my new disco 4, i have the rear dvd system which seems to work fine.

the problem is the rear audio, the kids cannot change the radio station from the rear controls i am pressing all the buttons the manual is telling me too but only the volume buttons work ????

i am not sure if i have not enabled something from the front master screen

i have made sure the lock is off on the front screen but i have a horible feeling there may be a fault with it Banging Head

can anyone shed any light on it or is it back to the dealers Rolling Eyes

cheers shawn
 bali blue disco 4 with rear dvd's, privacy glass, pre heat system, heated steering wheel, full size spare, piano black trim, ipod cable, 20 inch wheels and i love it loads more than my TDV8 RRS, KTM 250 EXC 2 Stroke for the real off road stuff  
Post #62069614th Mar 2010 7:17 pm
Russell

United Kingdom 

Mine went in last week for similar issue with the controls, system re-boot by dealer sorted it.
 MY17 D5 1st Edition Namib Orange
MY15 D4 HSE Kaikoura Stone
MY12 D4 HSE Nara Bronze Sold and gone
MY11 D4 HSE Stornaway Grey Sold and gone
D3 S spec Silver Sold and gone
Tow bar, full length roof bars, side steps, tow bar storage unit, surround camers.
D4 camera club 

Post #62112015th Mar 2010 12:07 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
shawn

flamin heck i hope not its only 4 days old Shocked

shawn
 bali blue disco 4 with rear dvd's, privacy glass, pre heat system, heated steering wheel, full size spare, piano black trim, ipod cable, 20 inch wheels and i love it loads more than my TDV8 RRS, KTM 250 EXC 2 Stroke for the real off road stuff  
Post #62154015th Mar 2010 9:58 pm
shawn

also can the kids listen to a different radio station to what i am listening to in the front as they do not gell with radio 2 Laughing
Post #62154215th Mar 2010 10:00 pm
jamesgaunt

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
All sorts of bother

Mine has the same problem, has just had the new software update and still not able to control the stereo properly from the rear panels. I can only listen to the radio sources (DAB or FM) if something else is on the head unit, but can select the other sources if they are on the head unit. I can control volume but nothing else.

It's been flagged with the Dealer for over a month and LR tech but as yet no explanation why it's not working.

Also have problems with battery life warning, blue tooth not firing up always, gearbox failure warning, ipod connection dropping, moodlighting and clock backlight, rear window not closing properly, computer reading much better mpg than it's doing, car doing 30% worse mpg than claimed figures even under the most controlled of tests, delaminated bonnet (now replaced), door trims (bit that goes to the windows) for three out of four doors delaminated, all replaced now (but rear trims replaced twice as the 1st replacements were already delaminating).

Apart from that lot, I really do like the car but am getting very fed up with the faults not getting resolved. I'd be very interested in hearing from anyone else with similar bother - I'm regularly dealing with LR who keep telling me I'm very unlucky and the faults aren't known common ones!
 James  
Post #62263017th Mar 2010 10:00 pm
Russell

United Kingdom 

James
Rear windows is a known fault and mine was curred by the reset process documented on here. Fuel economey is also a known issue and most cannot get any where near what is claimed by LR, perhaps it is time for TS to get involved as the figures quoted are clearly wrong and miss leading.
 MY17 D5 1st Edition Namib Orange
MY15 D4 HSE Kaikoura Stone
MY12 D4 HSE Nara Bronze Sold and gone
MY11 D4 HSE Stornaway Grey Sold and gone
D3 S spec Silver Sold and gone
Tow bar, full length roof bars, side steps, tow bar storage unit, surround camers.
D4 camera club 

Post #62282918th Mar 2010 9:55 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >